|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Sa' get up in the morning after the fourth night?
(a) Her legs have lost their feeling.
(b) She hasn't eaten.
(c) She didn't sleep.
(d) Chi'idzigyaak is holding her down.
2. What are the women watching for along the river?
(a) A tall tree.
(b) A rock formation.
(c) A lagoon.
(d) A narrow stream.
3. What is the first thing the old women do to save themselves?
(a) Gather sticks to build the fire.
(b) Save the embers from the fire.
(c) Set traps to catch rabbits.
(d) Melt snow to make drinking water.
4. Why does Sa' say they are both like babies?
(a) Because they stopped caring for themselves.
(b) Because they cry.
(c) Because they are dependent on others.
(d) Because they are helpless.
5. What does Sa's mind tell her body she must do when her body insists that they rest for a day?
(a) Help her friend.
(b) Camp for a while.
(c) Rest until she is stronger.
(d) Move on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women use as pulling sleds?
2. What do the old women do in return for the help of the group?
3. How do the women soften the wood?
4. What do the women make to guide the rabbits to the snare?
5. What causes the women to fall down as they walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Shruh Zhuu's behavior unusual among The People?
2. Why are the hunters always fed first?
3. Why does Sa' smile when Chi'idzigyaak notices that they have arrived at the creek, but are on the wrong side?
4. What good deed have The People done for the two women as they leave them behind?
5. Why did Sa' escape punishment for refusing to do women's work as a young woman?
6. What gets the two old women up in the middle of the night on the first night after their abandonment?
7. Why do the two old women decide that they cannot remain in the camp where they have been abandoned?
8. How is the two old women's shelter made?
9. Why do the two old women take care not to work too hard in the cold?
10. Why is the winter in which this story takes place more dangerous for The People than other winters?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)