|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the women agree that they will talk about their feelings?
(a) On the next day after arriving at the old campsite.
(b) After the fire is burning and they are warm.
(c) After the camp is made and the shelter is built.
2. Chi'idzigyaak realizes they had been pampered because ____________.
(a) Young people had kept their fire blazing.
(b) Young people had carried their burdens.
(c) Young people had sewn their clothing.
(d) Young people had brought them food.
3. What does Chi'idzigyaak's daughter give her as she leaves?
(a) A hatchet.
(b) A moose hide.
(c) Dried fish.
4. What do The People wear to keep warm?
(a) Furs and animal skins.
(b) Parkas and ski jackets.
(c) Walrus hides.
(d) Woven feather capes.
5. What came back to the women as they look at the campsite where they had camped many years before?
(a) Bitter memories.
(b) Feelings of mistrust and betrayal.
(c) Sad memories.
(d) Good memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the younger women do for the old women?
2. Why do the old women fear their own people?
3. Why do the women drink the broth instead of eating the meat?
4. What does not arrive in the morning because of the time of year?
5. What is the first reason why the women determine to leave the fall camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the two old women take care not to work too hard in the cold?
2. How do the two old women react to the chief's announcement that they will be left behind?
3. Why do the two old women feel "almost superstitious" about their good luck in hunting?
4. What gets the two old women up in the middle of the night on the first night after their abandonment?
5. Why did Sa' escape punishment for refusing to do women's work as a young woman?
6. What do the younger men do for the two old women each time they move to a new campsite?
7. How do the two old women make sleds to pull their possessions?
8. Why is Sa' disappointed with Chi'idzigyaak when she agrees with her that they must move on?
9. What are the first tasks the women must do to prepare their shelter at the fish camp?
10. Why are the hunters always fed first?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)