|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chi'idzigyaak say she is like a baby?
(a) Because she is dependent on others.
(b) Because she cries.
(c) Because she is without words.
(d) Because she is helpless.
2. What had the women done with their walking sticks?
(a) Hidden them.
(b) Forgotten them.
(c) Carried them.
(d) Thrown them away.
3. Which of the two women is older?
(b) They are the same age.
(c) Neither ever learned their ages.
4. What do the old women do in return for the help of the group?
(b) Tan hides.
(c) Tell stories.
(d) Wash clothing.
5. What do the younger women do for the old women?
(a) Pull their possessions to campsites.
(b) Cook their food.
(c) Clean their campsites.
(d) Sew their clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the women check their snares during the night?
2. What is the first thing the old women do to save themselves?
3. What animal does Sa' kill?
4. What is the irritating side effect for the women of covering their faces?
5. What came back to the women as they look at the campsite where they had camped many years before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ozhii Nelii not defend her mother?
2. Why are the two women feeling worse when they wake up at their new campsite in Chapter 4, "A Painful Journey"?
3. Why did Sa' escape punishment for refusing to do women's work as a young woman?
4. Why does Sa' smile when Chi'idzigyaak notices that they have arrived at the creek, but are on the wrong side?
5. What gets the two old women up in the middle of the night on the first night after their abandonment?
6. Why do the two old women take care not to work too hard in the cold?
7. How is Shruh Zhuu's behavior unusual among The People?
8. How do the two old women make sleds to pull their possessions?
9. What slows the two old women's progress when they wake up on the second day of travel?
10. Why was Sa' finally banished from her group as a young woman?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)