|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sa' tell Chi'idzigyaak they have to do when they hear Daagoo's voice?
(a) Turn and run.
(b) Burrow down and hide.
(c) Kill the four hunters.
(d) Be brave and face them.
2. How do the women protect their cache of dried fish?
(a) Buried sticks.
(b) Thorn bushes.
(d) Sand traps.
3. Who is allowed to visit the old women under the terms of their first agreement?
(a) The four hunters.
(b) Women only.
(c) The chief and Daagoo.
(d) Family only.
4. How do the women learn that summer is almost over?
(a) It begins to snow.
(b) The sun is on the horizon.
(c) The leaves start to fall.
(d) The air starts to feel cool.
5. What does the chief believe would have been worse for The People than hunger during the harsh winter?
(a) Attacks by predators.
(c) A change in leadership.
(d) An invasion of other groups.
6. What do the women first give The People?
(c) Dried rabbit meat.
7. How many animals do the women kill on the first day they set their tunnel traps?
8. What do the first visitors bring each time they come to see the old women?
(a) Jerky and hides.
(b) Furs and moosemeat.
(c) Caribou meat.
(d) Shells and hides.
9. What had the women done to their previous camp that revealed they had been there?
(a) Pitched tipis.
(b) Moved stones.
(c) Dug holes.
(d) Torn bark from the trees.
10. What had hardship taught The People about themselves?
(a) They were not weak, but strong.
(b) They were not strong, but weak.
(c) They were not wise, but foolish.
(d) They were not happy, but sad.
11. What do the women first give the hunters to eat?
(d) Dried fish.
12. What makes the women's voices seem closer to the hunters than they are?
(a) The cold air.
(b) The still night.
(c) The echoing ice.
(d) The perfect silence.
13. What does the chief suffer from ever since the abandonment of the two women?
14. What do the women put around their faces to protect their skin?
(a) Bows made from ribbons.
(b) Sunblocking cream.
(c) Leather tassels.
(d) Hats with visors.
15. What good fortune comes to The People during that winter?
(a) They find a beaver dam.
(b) They kill a number of rabbits.
(c) They kill a caribou.
(d) They kill a large moose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the women cache their dried meat?
2. What does Chi'idzigyaak believe about the hunters?
3. What delicious treat does Sa' find when she goes beyond the hill for the first time?
4. Where does the chief's bitterness show?
5. How many men does the chief send to look for the women?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)