|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ozhii Nelii done each day since the old women were left behind?
2. How do the four men feel about looking for the old women after the second day of searching?
(a) The time would be better spent hunting moose.
(b) The time would be better spent sleeping.
(c) Their energy was getting low.
(d) They began to feel hopeful.
3. What do the women put around their faces to protect their skin?
(a) Bows made from ribbons.
(b) Hats with visors.
(c) Leather tassels.
(d) Sunblocking cream.
4. Why do the women work in the heat of the day?
(a) Insects are sleeping.
(b) Bears are sleeping.
(c) Vampire bats are sleeping.
(d) Wolves are sleeping.
5. What do the women gather before they respond to Daagoo's call?
(c) Wood for the fire.
6. How do the women protect their cache of dried fish?
(a) Sand traps.
(c) Buried sticks.
(d) Thorn bushes.
7. What does Daagoo give the women that causes them to trust him?
(a) His word.
(b) A message from the chief.
(c) An amulet.
8. What do the hunters smell when Daagoo first asks them to sniff the air?
9. What does the chief believe would have been worse for The People than hunger during the harsh winter?
(a) Attacks by predators.
(b) An invasion of other groups.
(d) A change in leadership.
10. What does Daagoo finally tell the other hunters at the end of Chapter 6, " Sadness Among The People"?
(a) "The two old women are dead."
(b) "The two old women have forgotten The People."
(c) "The two old women do not wish to be found."
(d) "The two old women are near."
11. What question does Daagoo ask himself to help him choose the direction in which to search?
(a) "How would I go if I need to stay close to water?"
(b) "How would I go if I needed a larger cache for food?"
(c) "How would I go if I were afraid of The People?"
(d) "How would I go if I couldn't run from predators?"
12. What collection do the women share with The People when they learn of the sorry condition of the band?
(a) Caribou hide rope.
(b) Moose hide sleds.
(c) Beaver fur garments.
(d) Rabbit fur garments.
13. What does the chief suffer from ever since the abandonment of the two women?
14. Why does Chi'idzigyaak refuse most visitors?
15. What do the women first give the hunters to eat?
(c) Dried fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had hardship taught The People about themselves?
2. What good fortune comes to The People during that winter?
3. How do the men feel about following Daagoo in pursuit of the scent?
4. How do the women keep the bear from their fish?
5. What is Daagoo's response to the old women's first question?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)