|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotions had the betrayal originally created in the two old women?
(a) Love and loneliness.
(b) Courage and patience.
(c) Forgiveness and tolerance.
(d) Hate and fear.
2. How do the council members who had first suggested abandoning the women feel when they are found?
3. What kind of caches do the women devise?
(a) Under water.
(c) On the ground.
4. What do The People want from the two old women?
(d) A chance to help them.
5. What delicious treat does Sa' find when she goes beyond the hill for the first time?
6. What do the women possess because of their long survival?
7. What act of weakness on the chief's part would have cost him his position?
(a) Invading another band.
(b) Relinquising his leadership.
(c) Asking for help.
(d) Taking the old women back into the band.
8. What are the women armed with as Daagoo approaches?
(b) Bows and arrows.
9. What does Daagoo finally tell the other hunters at the end of Chapter 6, " Sadness Among The People"?
(a) "The two old women are dead."
(b) "The two old women do not wish to be found."
(c) "The two old women have forgotten The People."
(d) "The two old women are near."
10. When is a moose unafraid of man or anything else?
(a) Rutting season.
(b) Any time.
11. What does Daagoo notice that the other hunters do not?
(a) The campfire was still warm.
(b) The bark had been stripped from the trees.
(c) A food cache had been dug nearby.
(d) The snow was melting.
12. How many animals do the women kill on the first day they set their tunnel traps?
13. What do the women apply to their skin?
(a) Bacon grease.
(b) Muskrat grease.
(c) Bear grease.
(d) Moose grease.
14. What has healed the bitter memories of the two old women?
(a) Loneliness and time.
(b) Success and comfort.
(c) Forgiveness and distance.
(d) Understanding and peace.
15. What do the women first give the hunters to eat?
(c) Dried fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chief decide to do about the terms the old women set?
2. What should The People always do in hard times, according to the chief?
3. What good fortune comes to The People during that winter?
4. What do the women eat as winter ends?
5. Why are The People surprised when they reach the place where they left the old women?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)