|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can fish intestines be used for?
(a) Water containers.
(b) Sausage casings.
(d) Storing cooking grease.
2. What animal eats the fish guts if the bear does not?
3. How many animals do the women kill on the first day they set their tunnel traps?
4. What undermines the chief's decision-making ability?
(b) Discontent and complaining.
(d) Hunger and fatigue.
5. What does Sa' tell Chi'idzigyaak they have to do when they hear Daagoo's voice?
(a) Kill the four hunters.
(b) Be brave and face them.
(c) Burrow down and hide.
(d) Turn and run.
6. What are the women armed with as Daagoo approaches?
(c) Bows and arrows.
7. Why are The People surprised when they reach the place where they left the old women?
(a) They had not hunted there successfully before.
(b) The chief is stirring up bad memories.
(c) It was not a likely spot to find game.
(d) There is no sign that the women died there.
8. What does the chief suffer from ever since the abandonment of the two women?
9. How do the men feel about following Daagoo in pursuit of the scent?
10. What should The People always do in hard times, according to the chief?
(a) Band together.
(b) Eat less.
(c) Prepare for the worst.
(d) Send out the weakest.
11. What had hardship taught The People about themselves?
(a) They were not weak, but strong.
(b) They were not happy, but sad.
(c) They were not wise, but foolish.
(d) They were not strong, but weak.
12. What act of weakness on the chief's part would have cost him his position?
(a) Taking the old women back into the band.
(b) Asking for help.
(c) Invading another band.
(d) Relinquising his leadership.
13. How do the women protect themselves at night?
(a) Hiding under an overhanging ledge.
(b) A smoky fire.
(c) Staying awake.
(d) Hiding in a cave.
14. What question does Daagoo ask that the other hunters cannot answer?
(a) Why would anyone try to hide the stripped spots on the trees?
(b) Where have the old women gone?
(c) Has another band gone through here?
(d) Why would the campfire still be warm?
15. How many men does the chief send to look for the women?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do The People want from the two old women?
2. How do the women keep the bear from their fish?
3. What appears in the fall to increase the women's food stores?
4. What hope does Daagoo offer the people as they find no sign of the two women?
5. What does Daagoo finally tell the other hunters at the end of Chapter 6, " Sadness Among The People"?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)