|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women possess because of their long survival?
2. What does Sa' tell Chi'idzigyaak they have to do when they hear Daagoo's voice?
(a) Kill the four hunters.
(b) Be brave and face them.
(c) Burrow down and hide.
(d) Turn and run.
3. What do the women eat as winter ends?
(a) Rabbits and rats.
(c) Squirrels and grouse.
(d) Grouse and rabbits.
4. What do the two old women want Daagoo to tell them immediately?
(a) Whether The People found food.
(b) Why The People are searching for them.
(c) Whether their families have survived.
(d) Whether the chief had changed his mind.
5. How do the council members who had first suggested abandoning the women feel when they are found?
6. When is a moose unafraid of man or anything else?
(a) Any time.
(c) Rutting season.
7. Where does the chief's bitterness show?
(a) In his sleeplessness.
(b) In his rude attitude.
(c) In the lines of his face.
(d) In his frown.
8. How do the women preserve the meat they catch?
(a) Air drying.
(c) Smoke drying.
9. Where do the women decide to move because they are afraid?
(a) A spot that is safe from predators.
(b) A less desireable spot.
(c) A spot that is safe from insects.
(d) A more desireable spot.
10. What can fish intestines be used for?
(a) Storing cooking grease.
(b) Water containers.
(c) Sausage casings.
11. What does Shruh Zhuu tell Chi'idzigyaak that Ozhii Nelii is feeling?
12. What is Daagoo's response to the old women's first question?
(a) The chief has regretted his earlier decisions.
(b) The families have survived.
(c) The People have not found enough food.
(d) He does not know.
13. What question does Daagoo ask himself to help him choose the direction in which to search?
(a) "How would I go if I couldn't run from predators?"
(b) "How would I go if I were afraid of The People?"
(c) "How would I go if I need to stay close to water?"
(d) "How would I go if I needed a larger cache for food?"
14. What makes the women's voices seem closer to the hunters than they are?
(a) The cold air.
(b) The still night.
(c) The perfect silence.
(d) The echoing ice.
15. What does Chi'idzigyaak say when she hears Daagoo's voice?
(a) "They will find us."
(b) "They can't find us."
(c) "We should go back to The People."
(d) "We must move and keep hiding."
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of caches do the women devise?
2. How many animals do the women kill on the first day they set their tunnel traps?
3. What does Chi'idzigyaak believe about the hunters?
4. What good fortune comes to The People during that winter?
5. What larger animal do the women remember how to trap?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)