|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do The People want from the two old women?
(d) A chance to help them.
2. What hope does Daagoo offer the people as they find no sign of the two women?
(a) Maybe this year will be better.
(b) Maybe the women moved on.
(c) Maybe the women died peacefully.
(d) Maybe they will find food.
3. What are the women armed with as Daagoo approaches?
(c) Bows and arrows.
4. Who does Chi'idzigyyaak expect to see, but does not?
(a) Her old friends.
(b) Her son and granddaughter.
(c) The chief.
(d) Her daughter and grandson.
5. What emotion does Chi'idzigyaak feel when she looks at the hunters?
6. Why is the direction chosen by the women senseless to Daagoo?
(a) It is far from the spot where moose gathered.
(b) It is near where mosquitoes breed.
(c) It is far from water.
(d) It is far from the caribou trails.
7. Why are The People surprised when they reach the place where they left the old women?
(a) The chief is stirring up bad memories.
(b) There is no sign that the women died there.
(c) They had not hunted there successfully before.
(d) It was not a likely spot to find game.
8. What emotions had the betrayal originally created in the two old women?
(a) Forgiveness and tolerance.
(b) Love and loneliness.
(c) Hate and fear.
(d) Courage and patience.
9. What is each of the men conditioned to do?
(a) Lift heavy weights.
(b) Run long distances.
(c) Walk all day.
(d) Hunt without tiring.
10. What do the women apply to their skin?
(a) Muskrat grease.
(b) Bear grease.
(c) Bacon grease.
(d) Moose grease.
11. What does Daagoo notice that the other hunters do not?
(a) The campfire was still warm.
(b) The bark had been stripped from the trees.
(c) The snow was melting.
(d) A food cache had been dug nearby.
12. How do the women feel when the chief arrives at their camp?
13. What astonishes the hunters about the women?
(a) The women are not hostile.
(b) The women are in good health.
(c) The women accepted them into their tent.
(d) The women seem younger.
14. What undermines the chief's decision-making ability?
(a) Discontent and complaining.
(d) Hunger and fatigue.
15. What problem do the women encounter with their huge supply of food?
Short Answer Questions
1. What scent does Daagoo catch?
2. What does Daagoo promise the women?
3. How many men does the chief send to look for the women?
4. How do the council members who had first suggested abandoning the women feel when they are found?
5. How does Daagoo respond to the question the hunter asks him?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)