|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is each of the men conditioned to do?
(a) Walk all day.
(b) Hunt without tiring.
(c) Run long distances.
(d) Lift heavy weights.
2. How do the women protect themselves at night?
(a) Staying awake.
(b) A smoky fire.
(c) Hiding in a cave.
(d) Hiding under an overhanging ledge.
3. Who does Chi'idzigyyaak expect to see, but does not?
(a) Her son and granddaughter.
(b) The chief.
(c) Her old friends.
(d) Her daughter and grandson.
4. What does one of the hunters ask Daagoo?
(a) What he wants them to do.
(b) How much longer they will search.
(c) What he expects to find.
(d) What he smells.
5. How do the women protect their cache of dried fish?
(a) Thorn bushes.
(b) Buried sticks.
(c) Sand traps.
6. After they have cached enough food, what are the women still afraid of?
(a) Other people.
(b) Physical weakness.
(c) Predatory animals.
(d) The return of the cold.
7. How do the council members who had first suggested abandoning the women feel when they are found?
8. What does Daagoo notice about the snow around them?
(a) It is new.
(b) It shows footsteps.
(c) It is untrampled.
(d) It is frozen on the surface.
9. What emotions had the betrayal originally created in the two old women?
(a) Forgiveness and tolerance.
(b) Courage and patience.
(c) Hate and fear.
(d) Love and loneliness.
10. What does Daagoo first assure the women?
(a) "We will save you."
(b) "We will help you back to camp."
(c) "We are your friends."
(d) "We mean you no harm."
11. What makes the women's voices seem closer to the hunters than they are?
(a) The cold air.
(b) The echoing ice.
(c) The perfect silence.
(d) The still night.
12. What do the women possess because of their long survival?
13. Why are The People surprised when they reach the place where they left the old women?
(a) The chief is stirring up bad memories.
(b) It was not a likely spot to find game.
(c) They had not hunted there successfully before.
(d) There is no sign that the women died there.
14. What does Sa' tell Chi'idzigyaak they have to do when they hear Daagoo's voice?
(a) Kill the four hunters.
(b) Burrow down and hide.
(c) Turn and run.
(d) Be brave and face them.
15. Who is allowed to visit the old women under the terms of their first agreement?
(a) The chief and Daagoo.
(b) Family only.
(c) Women only.
(d) The four hunters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women put around their faces to protect their skin?
2. What larger animal do the women remember how to trap?
3. What does Daagoo finally tell the other hunters at the end of Chapter 6, " Sadness Among The People"?
4. What do the women gather before they respond to Daagoo's call?
5. What good fortune comes to The People during that winter?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)