|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hope does Daagoo offer the people as they find no sign of the two women?
(a) Maybe this year will be better.
(b) Maybe the women moved on.
(c) Maybe the women died peacefully.
(d) Maybe they will find food.
2. What does the chief believe would give The People a second chance?
(a) Finding the old women alive.
(b) Finding a new food source.
(c) Combining with another band.
(d) Acknowledging their error in leaving the old women.
3. How does Daagoo respond to the question the hunter asks him?
(a) "The band of The People."
(b) "We will see."
(c) "The old women."
(d) "The cache of fish."
4. Where do the women cache their dried meat?
(a) Behind a grove of bushes.
(b) Hanging high in a tree.
(c) In a hole lined with willows.
(d) In an underwater cave.
5. What do the women eat as winter ends?
(a) Rabbits and rats.
(b) Squirrels and grouse.
(d) Grouse and rabbits.
6. What question does Daagoo ask that the other hunters cannot answer?
(a) Why would the campfire still be warm?
(b) Why would anyone try to hide the stripped spots on the trees?
(c) Where have the old women gone?
(d) Has another band gone through here?
7. Who is allowed to visit the old women under the terms of their first agreement?
(a) Family only.
(b) The four hunters.
(c) The chief and Daagoo.
(d) Women only.
8. How many men does the chief send to look for the women?
9. What do the women put around their faces to protect their skin?
(a) Sunblocking cream.
(b) Leather tassels.
(c) Bows made from ribbons.
(d) Hats with visors.
10. How do the women learn that summer is almost over?
(a) The air starts to feel cool.
(b) The leaves start to fall.
(c) The sun is on the horizon.
(d) It begins to snow.
11. What does Sa' say the two women should prepare for when they meet the hunters?
12. What larger animal do the women remember how to trap?
13. What do the first visitors bring each time they come to see the old women?
(a) Caribou meat.
(b) Jerky and hides.
(c) Shells and hides.
(d) Furs and moosemeat.
14. What do the women first give The People?
(b) Dried rabbit meat.
15. What kind of caches do the women devise?
(a) Under water.
(b) On the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daagoo promise the women?
2. What had hardship taught The People about themselves?
3. What problem do the women encounter with their huge supply of food?
4. What does Sa' perceive when looking at the faces of the hunters?
5. What bloodthirsty animal is waiting for the women in the new campsite they select?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)