|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had hardship taught The People about themselves?
(a) They were not happy, but sad.
(b) They were not strong, but weak.
(c) They were not wise, but foolish.
(d) They were not weak, but strong.
2. What bloodthirsty animal is waiting for the women in the new campsite they select?
(a) Vampire bats.
3. Why does Shruh Zhuu tell Chi'idzigyaak he has come to see her?
(a) To show her how he has grown.
(b) To get his hatchet.
(c) To ask her forgiveness.
(d) To check on her welfare.
4. What emotion does Chi'idzigyaak feel when she looks at the hunters?
5. What does Chi'idzigyaak believe about the hunters?
(a) They are up to no good.
(b) They are here to trick the two women.
(c) They are here to help the two women.
(d) They have come to steal the food of the two women.
6. What does Sa' perceive when looking at the faces of the hunters?
(a) They mean no harm.
(b) They are not happy.
(c) They have not been eating well.
(d) They are exhausted.
7. What undermines the chief's decision-making ability?
(a) Discontent and complaining.
(d) Hunger and fatigue.
8. How do the women keep the bear from their fish?
(a) They give the bear the guts.
(b) They bury the fish where the bear can't smell it.
(c) They scare the bear away by yelling.
(d) They hang the fish too high for the bear.
9. What astonishes the hunters about the women?
(a) The women are not hostile.
(b) The women seem younger.
(c) The women accepted them into their tent.
(d) The women are in good health.
10. What erases the bad feelings between Chi'idzigyaak and Ozhii Nelii?
(a) Tears of joy.
(d) An embrace.
11. How do the women protect their cache of dried fish?
(a) Sand traps.
(b) Thorn bushes.
(d) Buried sticks.
12. How does Daagoo respond to the question the hunter asks him?
(a) "The band of The People."
(b) "The cache of fish."
(c) "We will see."
(d) "The old women."
13. What problem do the women encounter with their huge supply of food?
14. What do The People want from the two old women?
(c) A chance to help them.
15. How do the women learn that summer is almost over?
(a) The leaves start to fall.
(b) The air starts to feel cool.
(c) The sun is on the horizon.
(d) It begins to snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chief decide to do about the terms the old women set?
2. What hope does Daagoo offer the people as they find no sign of the two women?
3. What emotions had the betrayal originally created in the two old women?
4. What does Daagoo finally tell the other hunters at the end of Chapter 6, " Sadness Among The People"?
5. What delicious treat does Sa' find when she goes beyond the hill for the first time?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)