|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women apply to their skin?
(a) Bear grease.
(b) Muskrat grease.
(c) Bacon grease.
(d) Moose grease.
2. What astonishes the hunters about the women?
(a) The women seem younger.
(b) The women are in good health.
(c) The women are not hostile.
(d) The women accepted them into their tent.
3. What do the women gather before they respond to Daagoo's call?
(b) Wood for the fire.
4. What question does Daagoo ask himself to help him choose the direction in which to search?
(a) "How would I go if I were afraid of The People?"
(b) "How would I go if I need to stay close to water?"
(c) "How would I go if I couldn't run from predators?"
(d) "How would I go if I needed a larger cache for food?"
5. When is a moose unafraid of man or anything else?
(b) Rutting season.
(c) Any time.
6. What collection do the women share with The People when they learn of the sorry condition of the band?
(a) Beaver fur garments.
(b) Rabbit fur garments.
(c) Caribou hide rope.
(d) Moose hide sleds.
7. What bloodthirsty animal is waiting for the women in the new campsite they select?
(c) Vampire bats.
8. What can fish intestines be used for?
(b) Storing cooking grease.
(c) Water containers.
(d) Sausage casings.
9. How do the women protect themselves at night?
(a) A smoky fire.
(b) Hiding under an overhanging ledge.
(c) Staying awake.
(d) Hiding in a cave.
10. What emotion does Chi'idzigyaak feel when she looks at the hunters?
11. What does Sa' tell Chi'idzigyaak they have to do when they hear Daagoo's voice?
(a) Kill the four hunters.
(b) Burrow down and hide.
(c) Turn and run.
(d) Be brave and face them.
12. What does Sa' perceive when looking at the faces of the hunters?
(a) They have not been eating well.
(b) They are not happy.
(c) They are exhausted.
(d) They mean no harm.
13. What erases the bad feelings between Chi'idzigyaak and Ozhii Nelii?
(c) Tears of joy.
(d) An embrace.
14. What do the women possess because of their long survival?
15. What is each of the men conditioned to do?
(a) Hunt without tiring.
(b) Walk all day.
(c) Lift heavy weights.
(d) Run long distances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women first give the hunters to eat?
2. How do the women preserve the meat they catch?
3. What do the first visitors bring each time they come to see the old women?
4. What good fortune comes to The People during that winter?
5. What does the chief decide to do about the terms the old women set?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)