|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men feel about following Daagoo in pursuit of the scent?
2. What emotions had the betrayal originally created in the two old women?
(a) Forgiveness and tolerance.
(b) Hate and fear.
(c) Love and loneliness.
(d) Courage and patience.
3. What are the women armed with as Daagoo approaches?
(c) Bows and arrows.
4. How many animals do the women kill on the first day they set their tunnel traps?
5. What can fish intestines be used for?
(b) Storing cooking grease.
(c) Sausage casings.
(d) Water containers.
6. What does the chief believe would have been worse for The People than hunger during the harsh winter?
(a) Attacks by predators.
(b) An invasion of other groups.
(c) A change in leadership.
7. What appears in the fall to increase the women's food stores?
(c) Mule deer.
8. What kind of caches do the women devise?
(b) Under water.
(c) On the ground.
9. What good fortune comes to The People during that winter?
(a) They kill a caribou.
(b) They kill a large moose.
(c) They kill a number of rabbits.
(d) They find a beaver dam.
10. What do the women gather before they respond to Daagoo's call?
(c) Wood for the fire.
11. What does the chief decide to do about the terms the old women set?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Bargain with them.
(c) Overrule them.
(d) Respect them.
12. What emotion does Chi'idzigyaak feel when she looks at the hunters?
13. What do the hunters smell when Daagoo first asks them to sniff the air?
14. What does the chief suffer from ever since the abandonment of the two women?
15. What act of weakness on the chief's part would have cost him his position?
(a) Invading another band.
(b) Asking for help.
(c) Relinquising his leadership.
(d) Taking the old women back into the band.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the direction chosen by the women senseless to Daagoo?
2. What does Sa' perceive when looking at the faces of the hunters?
3. How do the women learn that summer is almost over?
4. What has healed the bitter memories of the two old women?
5. What does Daagoo finally tell the other hunters at the end of Chapter 6, " Sadness Among The People"?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)