|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the women cache their dried meat?
(a) In an underwater cave.
(b) Hanging high in a tree.
(c) Behind a grove of bushes.
(d) In a hole lined with willows.
2. What emotion does Chi'idzigyaak feel when she looks at the hunters?
3. What does Chi'idzigyaak say when she hears Daagoo's voice?
(a) "We must move and keep hiding."
(b) "We should go back to The People."
(c) "They will find us."
(d) "They can't find us."
4. What question does Daagoo ask that the other hunters cannot answer?
(a) Where have the old women gone?
(b) Why would the campfire still be warm?
(c) Has another band gone through here?
(d) Why would anyone try to hide the stripped spots on the trees?
5. Who is allowed to visit the old women under the terms of their first agreement?
(a) Women only.
(b) The chief and Daagoo.
(c) Family only.
(d) The four hunters.
6. What delicious treat does Sa' find when she goes beyond the hill for the first time?
7. What do The People want from the two old women?
(b) A chance to help them.
8. What had hardship taught The People about themselves?
(a) They were not strong, but weak.
(b) They were not weak, but strong.
(c) They were not wise, but foolish.
(d) They were not happy, but sad.
9. What does the chief believe would give The People a second chance?
(a) Finding the old women alive.
(b) Finding a new food source.
(c) Acknowledging their error in leaving the old women.
(d) Combining with another band.
10. How do the men feel about following Daagoo in pursuit of the scent?
11. How do the women protect themselves at night?
(a) Hiding under an overhanging ledge.
(b) Staying awake.
(c) A smoky fire.
(d) Hiding in a cave.
12. What collection do the women share with The People when they learn of the sorry condition of the band?
(a) Beaver fur garments.
(b) Rabbit fur garments.
(c) Caribou hide rope.
(d) Moose hide sleds.
13. What do the hunters smell when Daagoo first asks them to sniff the air?
14. What does one of the hunters ask Daagoo?
(a) What he wants them to do.
(b) How much longer they will search.
(c) What he smells.
(d) What he expects to find.
15. What does Daagoo finally tell the other hunters at the end of Chapter 6, " Sadness Among The People"?
(a) "The two old women are dead."
(b) "The two old women do not wish to be found."
(c) "The two old women are near."
(d) "The two old women have forgotten The People."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daagoo respond to the question the hunter asks him?
2. What bloodthirsty animal is waiting for the women in the new campsite they select?
3. What has healed the bitter memories of the two old women?
4. How many men does the chief send to look for the women?
5. What hope does Daagoo offer the people as they find no sign of the two women?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)