|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears in the fall to increase the women's food stores?
(c) Mule deer.
2. What kind of caches do the women devise?
(b) On the ground.
(d) Under water.
3. Why does Chi'idzigyaak refuse most visitors?
4. What do the women first give The People?
(c) Dried rabbit meat.
5. What larger animal do the women remember how to trap?
6. How do the women preserve the meat they catch?
(a) Smoke drying.
(d) Air drying.
7. What does Shruh Zhuu tell Chi'idzigyaak that Ozhii Nelii is feeling?
8. What had hardship taught The People about themselves?
(a) They were not strong, but weak.
(b) They were not wise, but foolish.
(c) They were not weak, but strong.
(d) They were not happy, but sad.
9. What do the women possess because of their long survival?
10. How do the women learn that summer is almost over?
(a) It begins to snow.
(b) The sun is on the horizon.
(c) The air starts to feel cool.
(d) The leaves start to fall.
11. What makes the women's voices seem closer to the hunters than they are?
(a) The still night.
(b) The echoing ice.
(c) The perfect silence.
(d) The cold air.
12. What does Daagoo finally tell the other hunters at the end of Chapter 6, " Sadness Among The People"?
(a) "The two old women are dead."
(b) "The two old women are near."
(c) "The two old women have forgotten The People."
(d) "The two old women do not wish to be found."
13. How do the men feel about following Daagoo in pursuit of the scent?
14. What collection do the women share with The People when they learn of the sorry condition of the band?
(a) Moose hide sleds.
(b) Caribou hide rope.
(c) Beaver fur garments.
(d) Rabbit fur garments.
15. What do the women first give the hunters to eat?
(d) Dried fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Daagoo ask that the other hunters cannot answer?
2. What act of weakness on the chief's part would have cost him his position?
3. When is a moose unafraid of man or anything else?
4. What has healed the bitter memories of the two old women?
5. How many men does the chief send to look for the women?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)