|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shruh Zhuu tell Chi'idzigyaak that Ozhii Nelii is feeling?
2. What act of weakness on the chief's part would have cost him his position?
(a) Taking the old women back into the band.
(b) Asking for help.
(c) Relinquising his leadership.
(d) Invading another band.
3. What delicious treat does Sa' find when she goes beyond the hill for the first time?
4. What does Sa' say the two women should prepare for when they meet the hunters?
5. What question does Daagoo ask himself to help him choose the direction in which to search?
(a) "How would I go if I couldn't run from predators?"
(b) "How would I go if I need to stay close to water?"
(c) "How would I go if I were afraid of The People?"
(d) "How would I go if I needed a larger cache for food?"
6. What do the first visitors bring each time they come to see the old women?
(a) Shells and hides.
(b) Furs and moosemeat.
(c) Caribou meat.
(d) Jerky and hides.
7. Why does Chi'idzigyaak refuse most visitors?
8. Who is allowed to visit the old women under the terms of their first agreement?
(a) Women only.
(b) Family only.
(c) The chief and Daagoo.
(d) The four hunters.
9. How do the four men feel about looking for the old women after the second day of searching?
(a) They began to feel hopeful.
(b) The time would be better spent hunting moose.
(c) The time would be better spent sleeping.
(d) Their energy was getting low.
10. What does Chi'idzigyaak say when she hears Daagoo's voice?
(a) "They can't find us."
(b) "They will find us."
(c) "We should go back to The People."
(d) "We must move and keep hiding."
11. How do the women preserve the meat they catch?
(b) Air drying.
(d) Smoke drying.
12. What does the chief suffer from ever since the abandonment of the two women?
13. What does Daagoo first assure the women?
(a) "We will save you."
(b) "We mean you no harm."
(c) "We are your friends."
(d) "We will help you back to camp."
14. Why do The People not visit the old women immediately?
(a) They don't care about the women.
(b) They are frightened.
(c) They are resentful.
(d) They are forbidden.
15. What is each of the men conditioned to do?
(a) Hunt without tiring.
(b) Run long distances.
(c) Walk all day.
(d) Lift heavy weights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men does the chief send to look for the women?
2. Who does Chi'idzigyyaak expect to see, but does not?
3. What undermines the chief's decision-making ability?
4. What question does Daagoo ask that the other hunters cannot answer?
5. What does one of the hunters ask Daagoo?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)