|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daagoo finally tell the other hunters at the end of Chapter 6, " Sadness Among The People"?
(a) "The two old women are dead."
(b) "The two old women have forgotten The People."
(c) "The two old women do not wish to be found."
(d) "The two old women are near."
2. What do the women first give The People?
(d) Dried rabbit meat.
3. Why does Chi'idzigyaak refuse most visitors?
4. Why are The People surprised when they reach the place where they left the old women?
(a) The chief is stirring up bad memories.
(b) They had not hunted there successfully before.
(c) It was not a likely spot to find game.
(d) There is no sign that the women died there.
5. What astonishes the hunters about the women?
(a) The women seem younger.
(b) The women are in good health.
(c) The women accepted them into their tent.
(d) The women are not hostile.
6. What act of weakness on the chief's part would have cost him his position?
(a) Asking for help.
(b) Invading another band.
(c) Relinquising his leadership.
(d) Taking the old women back into the band.
7. What emotion does Chi'idzigyaak feel when she looks at the hunters?
8. What do the women gather before they respond to Daagoo's call?
(a) Wood for the fire.
9. What is each of the men conditioned to do?
(a) Lift heavy weights.
(b) Walk all day.
(c) Run long distances.
(d) Hunt without tiring.
10. Why do The People not visit the old women immediately?
(a) They are frightened.
(b) They are resentful.
(c) They are forbidden.
(d) They don't care about the women.
11. How do the four men feel about looking for the old women after the second day of searching?
(a) Their energy was getting low.
(b) The time would be better spent hunting moose.
(c) They began to feel hopeful.
(d) The time would be better spent sleeping.
12. What do the women possess because of their long survival?
13. How do the women protect their cache of dried fish?
(a) Thorn bushes.
(b) Sand traps.
(d) Buried sticks.
14. What makes the women's voices seem closer to the hunters than they are?
(a) The cold air.
(b) The perfect silence.
(c) The echoing ice.
(d) The still night.
15. What emotions had the betrayal originally created in the two old women?
(a) Courage and patience.
(b) Forgiveness and tolerance.
(c) Love and loneliness.
(d) Hate and fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women apply to their skin?
2. What do the hunters smell when Daagoo first asks them to sniff the air?
3. How do the women keep the bear from their fish?
4. What does Sa' say the two women should prepare for when they meet the hunters?
5. How many animals do the women kill on the first day they set their tunnel traps?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)