|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delicious treat does Sa' find when she goes beyond the hill for the first time?
2. What scent does Daagoo catch?
3. What had hardship taught The People about themselves?
(a) They were not happy, but sad.
(b) They were not weak, but strong.
(c) They were not wise, but foolish.
(d) They were not strong, but weak.
4. What animal eats the fish guts if the bear does not?
5. What does Chi'idzigyaak believe about the hunters?
(a) They are here to help the two women.
(b) They are here to trick the two women.
(c) They are up to no good.
(d) They have come to steal the food of the two women.
6. What question does Daagoo ask that the other hunters cannot answer?
(a) Why would anyone try to hide the stripped spots on the trees?
(b) Where have the old women gone?
(c) Has another band gone through here?
(d) Why would the campfire still be warm?
7. What collection do the women share with The People when they learn of the sorry condition of the band?
(a) Caribou hide rope.
(b) Rabbit fur garments.
(c) Moose hide sleds.
(d) Beaver fur garments.
8. How do the men feel about following Daagoo in pursuit of the scent?
9. What can fish intestines be used for?
(b) Water containers.
(c) Sausage casings.
(d) Storing cooking grease.
10. What do the women apply to their skin?
(a) Bear grease.
(b) Moose grease.
(c) Bacon grease.
(d) Muskrat grease.
11. What does the chief decide to do about the terms the old women set?
(a) Bargain with them.
(b) Overrule them.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Respect them.
12. What do the women first give the hunters to eat?
(c) Dried fish.
13. What do the hunters smell when Daagoo first asks them to sniff the air?
14. What do The People want from the two old women?
(d) A chance to help them.
15. What does Daagoo notice about the snow around them?
(a) It is frozen on the surface.
(b) It shows footsteps.
(c) It is untrampled.
(d) It is new.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do The People not visit the old women immediately?
2. Who is allowed to visit the old women under the terms of their first agreement?
3. Why does Shruh Zhuu tell Chi'idzigyaak he has come to see her?
4. What does the chief believe would have been worse for The People than hunger during the harsh winter?
5. What does Daagoo first assure the women?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)