|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What collection do the women share with The People when they learn of the sorry condition of the band?
(a) Beaver fur garments.
(b) Caribou hide rope.
(c) Rabbit fur garments.
(d) Moose hide sleds.
2. What does Daagoo first assure the women?
(a) "We will save you."
(b) "We will help you back to camp."
(c) "We mean you no harm."
(d) "We are your friends."
3. What scent does Daagoo catch?
4. What has Ozhii Nelii done each day since the old women were left behind?
5. What problem do the women encounter with their huge supply of food?
6. What astonishes the hunters about the women?
(a) The women seem younger.
(b) The women accepted them into their tent.
(c) The women are in good health.
(d) The women are not hostile.
7. Where do the women decide to move because they are afraid?
(a) A more desireable spot.
(b) A spot that is safe from predators.
(c) A spot that is safe from insects.
(d) A less desireable spot.
8. What has healed the bitter memories of the two old women?
(a) Understanding and peace.
(b) Loneliness and time.
(c) Success and comfort.
(d) Forgiveness and distance.
9. What do the hunters smell when Daagoo first asks them to sniff the air?
10. What does Daagoo think may have caused the scent?
(a) The remnant of a summer fire.
(b) The first blossoming of spring flowers.
(c) The movement of a caribou herd.
(d) A hidden cache of fish.
11. How many men does the chief send to look for the women?
12. How do the women protect themselves at night?
(a) Staying awake.
(b) Hiding under an overhanging ledge.
(c) A smoky fire.
(d) Hiding in a cave.
13. Who does Chi'idzigyyaak expect to see, but does not?
(a) Her son and granddaughter.
(b) The chief.
(c) Her old friends.
(d) Her daughter and grandson.
14. How do the women preserve the meat they catch?
(b) Smoke drying.
(d) Air drying.
15. What appears in the fall to increase the women's food stores?
(b) Mule deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sa' say the two women should prepare for when they meet the hunters?
2. What question does Daagoo ask that the other hunters cannot answer?
3. What do the women first give The People?
4. What do the two old women want Daagoo to tell them immediately?
5. What is Daagoo's response to the old women's first question?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)