|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act of weakness on the chief's part would have cost him his position?
(a) Invading another band.
(b) Taking the old women back into the band.
(c) Relinquising his leadership.
(d) Asking for help.
2. How do the women learn that summer is almost over?
(a) The leaves start to fall.
(b) The air starts to feel cool.
(c) The sun is on the horizon.
(d) It begins to snow.
3. What do the hunters smell when Daagoo first asks them to sniff the air?
4. How many men does the chief send to look for the women?
5. What does Chi'idzigyaak believe about the hunters?
(a) They have come to steal the food of the two women.
(b) They are up to no good.
(c) They are here to help the two women.
(d) They are here to trick the two women.
6. What does the chief decide to do about the terms the old women set?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Overrule them.
(c) Respect them.
(d) Bargain with them.
7. What does Sa' tell Chi'idzigyaak they have to do when they hear Daagoo's voice?
(a) Kill the four hunters.
(b) Turn and run.
(c) Burrow down and hide.
(d) Be brave and face them.
8. How do the men feel about following Daagoo in pursuit of the scent?
9. What kind of caches do the women devise?
(a) Under water.
(c) On the ground.
10. How do the women protect themselves at night?
(a) A smoky fire.
(b) Hiding in a cave.
(c) Hiding under an overhanging ledge.
(d) Staying awake.
11. What had hardship taught The People about themselves?
(a) They were not strong, but weak.
(b) They were not wise, but foolish.
(c) They were not weak, but strong.
(d) They were not happy, but sad.
12. How do the four men feel about looking for the old women after the second day of searching?
(a) The time would be better spent sleeping.
(b) They began to feel hopeful.
(c) The time would be better spent hunting moose.
(d) Their energy was getting low.
13. What has healed the bitter memories of the two old women?
(a) Loneliness and time.
(b) Forgiveness and distance.
(c) Understanding and peace.
(d) Success and comfort.
14. What does Daagoo first assure the women?
(a) "We will save you."
(b) "We will help you back to camp."
(c) "We mean you no harm."
(d) "We are your friends."
15. What does Sa' say the two women should prepare for when they meet the hunters?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the direction chosen by the women senseless to Daagoo?
2. Who does Chi'idzigyyaak expect to see, but does not?
3. What can fish intestines be used for?
4. What does Daagoo promise the women?
5. What erases the bad feelings between Chi'idzigyaak and Ozhii Nelii?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)