|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bloodthirsty animal is waiting for the women in the new campsite they select?
(b) Vampire bats.
2. What had the women done to their previous camp that revealed they had been there?
(a) Dug holes.
(b) Pitched tipis.
(c) Torn bark from the trees.
(d) Moved stones.
3. What do the women possess because of their long survival?
4. What hope does Daagoo offer the people as they find no sign of the two women?
(a) Maybe the women died peacefully.
(b) Maybe they will find food.
(c) Maybe this year will be better.
(d) Maybe the women moved on.
5. What does Daagoo finally tell the other hunters at the end of Chapter 6, " Sadness Among The People"?
(a) "The two old women are dead."
(b) "The two old women do not wish to be found."
(c) "The two old women have forgotten The People."
(d) "The two old women are near."
6. What do the women eat as winter ends?
(b) Grouse and rabbits.
(c) Rabbits and rats.
(d) Squirrels and grouse.
7. What larger animal do the women remember how to trap?
8. How do the women protect themselves at night?
(a) A smoky fire.
(b) Hiding in a cave.
(c) Hiding under an overhanging ledge.
(d) Staying awake.
9. What does the chief believe would have been worse for The People than hunger during the harsh winter?
(b) Attacks by predators.
(c) A change in leadership.
(d) An invasion of other groups.
10. What does Chi'idzigyaak believe about the hunters?
(a) They are here to help the two women.
(b) They are here to trick the two women.
(c) They are up to no good.
(d) They have come to steal the food of the two women.
11. What emotion does Chi'idzigyaak feel when she looks at the hunters?
12. What question does Daagoo ask that the other hunters cannot answer?
(a) Has another band gone through here?
(b) Why would anyone try to hide the stripped spots on the trees?
(c) Why would the campfire still be warm?
(d) Where have the old women gone?
13. What undermines the chief's decision-making ability?
(c) Hunger and fatigue.
(d) Discontent and complaining.
14. What does Chi'idzigyaak say when she hears Daagoo's voice?
(a) "They will find us."
(b) "We should go back to The People."
(c) "They can't find us."
(d) "We must move and keep hiding."
15. What does the chief decide to do about the terms the old women set?
(a) Respect them.
(b) Overrule them.
(c) Bargain with them.
(d) Ignore them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daagoo give the women that causes them to trust him?
2. What delicious treat does Sa' find when she goes beyond the hill for the first time?
3. What does the chief believe would give The People a second chance?
4. Why do The People not visit the old women immediately?
5. What does Daagoo first assure the women?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)