|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hope does Daagoo offer the people as they find no sign of the two women?
(a) Maybe the women moved on.
(b) Maybe the women died peacefully.
(c) Maybe they will find food.
(d) Maybe this year will be better.
2. What can fish intestines be used for?
(a) Storing cooking grease.
(b) Water containers.
(d) Sausage casings.
3. What does one of the hunters ask Daagoo?
(a) What he smells.
(b) What he expects to find.
(c) What he wants them to do.
(d) How much longer they will search.
4. What emotion does Chi'idzigyaak feel when she looks at the hunters?
5. What is each of the men conditioned to do?
(a) Hunt without tiring.
(b) Run long distances.
(c) Walk all day.
(d) Lift heavy weights.
6. What question does Daagoo ask that the other hunters cannot answer?
(a) Has another band gone through here?
(b) Why would anyone try to hide the stripped spots on the trees?
(c) Why would the campfire still be warm?
(d) Where have the old women gone?
7. Why do the women work in the heat of the day?
(a) Wolves are sleeping.
(b) Vampire bats are sleeping.
(c) Insects are sleeping.
(d) Bears are sleeping.
8. What delicious treat does Sa' find when she goes beyond the hill for the first time?
9. Where do the women decide to move because they are afraid?
(a) A more desireable spot.
(b) A less desireable spot.
(c) A spot that is safe from insects.
(d) A spot that is safe from predators.
10. What do the hunters smell when Daagoo first asks them to sniff the air?
11. Why is the direction chosen by the women senseless to Daagoo?
(a) It is near where mosquitoes breed.
(b) It is far from the caribou trails.
(c) It is far from water.
(d) It is far from the spot where moose gathered.
12. What do the first visitors bring each time they come to see the old women?
(a) Shells and hides.
(b) Caribou meat.
(c) Furs and moosemeat.
(d) Jerky and hides.
13. Why do The People not visit the old women immediately?
(a) They don't care about the women.
(b) They are resentful.
(c) They are frightened.
(d) They are forbidden.
14. Why does Chi'idzigyaak refuse most visitors?
15. What question does Daagoo ask himself to help him choose the direction in which to search?
(a) "How would I go if I need to stay close to water?"
(b) "How would I go if I needed a larger cache for food?"
(c) "How would I go if I couldn't run from predators?"
(d) "How would I go if I were afraid of The People?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daagoo finally tell the other hunters at the end of Chapter 6, " Sadness Among The People"?
2. What do the women apply to their skin?
3. Where does the chief's bitterness show?
4. What astonishes the hunters about the women?
5. What does Sa' say the two women should prepare for when they meet the hunters?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)