|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of caches do the women devise?
(a) Under water.
(d) On the ground.
2. How do the women preserve the meat they catch?
(a) Air drying.
(b) Smoke drying.
3. What does the chief suffer from ever since the abandonment of the two women?
4. Who is allowed to visit the old women under the terms of their first agreement?
(a) The four hunters.
(b) Women only.
(c) The chief and Daagoo.
(d) Family only.
5. How does Daagoo respond to the question the hunter asks him?
(a) "The cache of fish."
(b) "The band of The People."
(c) "The old women."
(d) "We will see."
6. What does the chief decide to do about the terms the old women set?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Bargain with them.
(c) Overrule them.
(d) Respect them.
7. How do the women protect themselves at night?
(a) A smoky fire.
(b) Hiding in a cave.
(c) Hiding under an overhanging ledge.
(d) Staying awake.
8. What does the chief believe would have been worse for The People than hunger during the harsh winter?
(a) An invasion of other groups.
(c) A change in leadership.
(d) Attacks by predators.
9. What undermines the chief's decision-making ability?
(a) Discontent and complaining.
(d) Hunger and fatigue.
10. What does Daagoo think may have caused the scent?
(a) The first blossoming of spring flowers.
(b) The remnant of a summer fire.
(c) A hidden cache of fish.
(d) The movement of a caribou herd.
11. What do the women first give the hunters to eat?
(c) Dried fish.
12. What erases the bad feelings between Chi'idzigyaak and Ozhii Nelii?
(b) An embrace.
(c) Tears of joy.
13. How do the women learn that summer is almost over?
(a) The air starts to feel cool.
(b) It begins to snow.
(c) The leaves start to fall.
(d) The sun is on the horizon.
14. How do the women keep the bear from their fish?
(a) They give the bear the guts.
(b) They hang the fish too high for the bear.
(c) They bury the fish where the bear can't smell it.
(d) They scare the bear away by yelling.
15. What should The People always do in hard times, according to the chief?
(a) Band together.
(b) Prepare for the worst.
(c) Send out the weakest.
(d) Eat less.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daagoo give the women that causes them to trust him?
2. What do the women put on their cache to scare off predators?
3. When is a moose unafraid of man or anything else?
4. What does Chi'idzigyaak say when she hears Daagoo's voice?
5. How many animals do the women kill on the first day they set their tunnel traps?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)