|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are The People surprised when they reach the place where they left the old women?
(a) It was not a likely spot to find game.
(b) There is no sign that the women died there.
(c) They had not hunted there successfully before.
(d) The chief is stirring up bad memories.
2. How do the men feel about following Daagoo in pursuit of the scent?
3. Where do the women decide to move because they are afraid?
(a) A less desireable spot.
(b) A spot that is safe from predators.
(c) A more desireable spot.
(d) A spot that is safe from insects.
4. What can fish intestines be used for?
(a) Water containers.
(c) Sausage casings.
(d) Storing cooking grease.
5. How do the women preserve the meat they catch?
(a) Smoke drying.
(c) Air drying.
6. What astonishes the hunters about the women?
(a) The women accepted them into their tent.
(b) The women are not hostile.
(c) The women seem younger.
(d) The women are in good health.
7. What do the women possess because of their long survival?
8. Why does Shruh Zhuu tell Chi'idzigyaak he has come to see her?
(a) To get his hatchet.
(b) To ask her forgiveness.
(c) To show her how he has grown.
(d) To check on her welfare.
9. What animal eats the fish guts if the bear does not?
10. How does Daagoo respond to the question the hunter asks him?
(a) "The cache of fish."
(b) "The old women."
(c) "The band of The People."
(d) "We will see."
11. What makes the women's voices seem closer to the hunters than they are?
(a) The echoing ice.
(b) The still night.
(c) The cold air.
(d) The perfect silence.
12. Who does Chi'idzigyyaak expect to see, but does not?
(a) Her son and granddaughter.
(b) The chief.
(c) Her old friends.
(d) Her daughter and grandson.
13. What does Sa' tell Chi'idzigyaak they have to do when they hear Daagoo's voice?
(a) Be brave and face them.
(b) Burrow down and hide.
(c) Turn and run.
(d) Kill the four hunters.
14. How do the women keep the bear from their fish?
(a) They give the bear the guts.
(b) They bury the fish where the bear can't smell it.
(c) They hang the fish too high for the bear.
(d) They scare the bear away by yelling.
15. What delicious treat does Sa' find when she goes beyond the hill for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do The People want from the two old women?
2. What does Daagoo notice that the other hunters do not?
3. What question does Daagoo ask that the other hunters cannot answer?
4. How many men does the chief send to look for the women?
5. What problem do the women encounter with their huge supply of food?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)