|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chi'idzigyyaak expect to see, but does not?
(a) Her daughter and grandson.
(b) Her old friends.
(c) The chief.
(d) Her son and granddaughter.
2. How many men does the chief send to look for the women?
3. What appears in the fall to increase the women's food stores?
(c) Mule deer.
4. What problem do the women encounter with their huge supply of food?
5. What kind of caches do the women devise?
(b) Under water.
(c) On the ground.
6. How do the four men feel about looking for the old women after the second day of searching?
(a) The time would be better spent hunting moose.
(b) They began to feel hopeful.
(c) The time would be better spent sleeping.
(d) Their energy was getting low.
7. What do The People want from the two old women?
(b) A chance to help them.
8. What emotions had the betrayal originally created in the two old women?
(a) Forgiveness and tolerance.
(b) Love and loneliness.
(c) Courage and patience.
(d) Hate and fear.
9. What does one of the hunters ask Daagoo?
(a) What he wants them to do.
(b) How much longer they will search.
(c) What he expects to find.
(d) What he smells.
10. What does the chief believe would have been worse for The People than hunger during the harsh winter?
(a) Attacks by predators.
(c) A change in leadership.
(d) An invasion of other groups.
11. What astonishes the hunters about the women?
(a) The women are in good health.
(b) The women are not hostile.
(c) The women accepted them into their tent.
(d) The women seem younger.
12. What is Daagoo's response to the old women's first question?
(a) The families have survived.
(b) He does not know.
(c) The chief has regretted his earlier decisions.
(d) The People have not found enough food.
13. What does Sa' perceive when looking at the faces of the hunters?
(a) They mean no harm.
(b) They have not been eating well.
(c) They are not happy.
(d) They are exhausted.
14. Why do the women work in the heat of the day?
(a) Vampire bats are sleeping.
(b) Bears are sleeping.
(c) Insects are sleeping.
(d) Wolves are sleeping.
15. What bloodthirsty animal is waiting for the women in the new campsite they select?
(d) Vampire bats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chi'idzigyaak say when she hears Daagoo's voice?
2. How does Daagoo respond to the question the hunter asks him?
3. What do the first visitors bring each time they come to see the old women?
4. Why do The People not visit the old women immediately?
5. What has Ozhii Nelii done each day since the old women were left behind?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)