|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What migrating animal do The People follow?
(d) Musk oxen.
2. What is the first skill the old women recall?
(a) Tanning hides.
(b) Setting traps.
(c) Making snowshoes.
(d) Building fires.
3. What causes Sa' to cry for the first time?
(a) She feels defeated.
(b) Her body is too stiff to move.
(c) She feels sorry for her friend.
(d) She is fatigued and exhausted.
4. How do the women soften the wood?
(a) Chewing it.
(b) Boiling it.
(c) Cutting it in thin pieces.
(d) Stretching it.
5. Why does Chi'idzigyaak pretend to be asleep on the fifth morning?
(a) She doesn't want to move.
(b) She doesn't want to face the day.
(c) She doesn't want to give up her dream.
(d) She doesn't want to shame her friend.
6. With what do the women fill the sleeping area on their first night of travelling to keep themselves warm?
(b) Spruce boughs.
(c) Pine branches.
(d) Caribou hides.
7. What clears Sa's head when she wakes up each morning?
(a) Sleep and squirrel broth.
(b) Bright light and cold air.
(c) Squirrel broth and bright light.
(d) Cold air and sleep.
8. What does Sa's mind tell her body she must do when her body insists that they rest for a day?
(a) Rest until she is stronger.
(b) Camp for a while.
(c) Help her friend.
(d) Move on.
9. Chi'idzigyaak realizes they had been pampered because ____________.
(a) Young people had brought them food.
(b) Young people had carried their burdens.
(c) Young people had kept their fire blazing.
(d) Young people had sewn their clothing.
10. What relatives does Chi'idzigyaak have in the group?
(a) A brother and a cousin.
(b) A daughter and a grandson.
(c) A grandson and a granddaughter.
(d) A son and a granddaughter.
11. What do the old women do in return for the help of the group?
(a) Tell stories.
(c) Wash clothing.
(d) Tan hides.
12. How does Sa' feel when she sees the campsite where they had camped many years before?
(a) She has come home.
(b) She is too tired to care.
(c) She is exhausted.
(d) She is disappointed.
13. What wrong impression does Chi'idzigyaak say they had given the younger people?
(a) They were useful.
(b) They were helpless.
(c) They were childish.
(d) They were foolish.
14. What sound do the women hear when they are first alone in the silent night, before they have gone to sleep?
(a) Something skittering across tree bark.
(b) Something howling.
(c) Something breathing heavily.
(d) Something panting.
15. What are their ropes made of?
(b) Ox hides.
(c) Caribou hides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the younger men provide for the old women?
2. How did the women sleep on the fourth night?
3. What are the women anxious to leave behind?
4. Why can't the women move when they wake up on the second morning of their travels?
5. What had The People done with the women's personal possessions?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)