|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the women feel almost superstitious about their good luck?
(a) They were still alive.
(b) They caught another rabbit.
(c) They killed a squirrel.
(d) They built snowshoes easily.
2. What do The People wear to keep warm?
(a) Woven feather capes.
(b) Walrus hides.
(c) Parkas and ski jackets.
(d) Furs and animal skins.
3. Why does the chief want to leave as quickly as possible?
(a) So he won't lose courage and change his mind.
(b) So the old women won't look at him.
(c) So he won't cry.
(d) So the old women won't stab him.
4. What do the younger men provide for the old women?
(a) Food and clothing.
(b) Wood and water.
(c) Dried fish.
(d) Snowshoes and weapons.
5. What forces Chi'idzigyaak to get up in the morning when she wants to stay asleep?
(b) A leg cramp.
(c) Sa's insistence.
(d) A full bladder.
6. What danger lies in crossing the frozen river?
(a) Unseen obstacles.
(b) Hidden cracks in the ice.
(c) Slipping and falling.
(d) Broken shards of ice.
7. Why are the men a danger to the group?
(a) They have cannibalistic feelings.
(b) They are poor hunters.
(c) They cannot find wives.
(d) They are frustrated and angered easily.
8. Why do the women drink the broth instead of eating the meat?
(a) Because it was more delicious.
(b) Because their stomachs were sore.
(c) To save the meat for later.
(d) To strengthen themselves.
9. Why does Sa' say they are both like babies?
(a) Because they are helpless.
(b) Because they stopped caring for themselves.
(c) Because they cry.
(d) Because they are dependent on others.
10. What migrating animal do The People follow?
(b) Musk oxen.
11. What are the women anxious to leave behind?
(a) Bad memories.
12. How does Sa' feel when she sees the campsite where they had camped many years before?
(a) She is exhausted.
(b) She is disappointed.
(c) She is too tired to care.
(d) She has come home.
13. What do the women use as pulling sleds?
(a) Woven willow branches.
(b) Caribou skins.
(c) Moose hides.
(d) Woven babiche.
14. What feeling does Sa' arouse in Chi'idzigyaak?
15. What does not arrive in the morning because of the time of year?
(b) Game animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occasionally causes the women to go off course?
2. What are the women trying to avoid by covering their faces?
3. What relatives does Chi'idzigyaak have in the group?
4. How do the women insulate their shelter?
5. What wrong impression does Chi'idzigyaak say they had given the younger people?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)