Short Answer Key
Chapter 1, Hunger and Cold Take Their Toll
1. What do The People wear to keep warm?
Furs and animal skins.
2. What migrating animal do The People follow?
3. How do moose protect themselves from cold?
Staying in one place.
4. Which part of society do The People feed first?
5. How did Chi'idzigyaak get her name?
From a chickadee.
6. What does the name Sa' mean?
7. Who sets up shelters for the old women?
8. What do the younger men provide for the old women?
Wood and water.
9. What do the younger women do for the old women?
Pull their possessions to campsites.
10. What do the old women do in return for the help of the group?
11. What unusual character flaw do the two old women possess?
They complain of aches and pains.
This section contains 2,467 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)