|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Recalling Old Skills.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the women's shelter made of?
(a) Moose hides.
(b) Seal skin.
(c) Bear hides.
(d) Caribou hides.
2. What had the women done with their walking sticks?
(a) Hidden them.
(b) Forgotten them.
(c) Carried them.
(d) Thrown them away.
3. Why do the women feel almost superstitious about their good luck?
(a) They caught another rabbit.
(b) They built snowshoes easily.
(c) They killed a squirrel.
(d) They were still alive.
4. How do the boys in the group prove their manhood?
(a) Hunting and wrestling.
(b) Singing and dancing.
(c) Running and wrestling.
(d) Fishing and hunting.
5. What is the purpose of leaving older members behind?
(a) There is more food to go around.
(b) The sleds are lighter.
(c) The group can travel faster.
(d) They can signal other groups for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women soften the wood?
2. What is the irritating side effect for the women of covering their faces?
3. How does Sa' kill the rabbit?
4. What relatives does Chi'idzigyaak have in the group?
5. What must a boy care for even above his loved ones in the group?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)