Chapter 1, Hunger and Cold Take Their Toll
1. What do The People wear to keep warm?
(a) Woven feather capes.
(b) Walrus hides.
(c) Parkas and ski jackets.
(d) Furs and animal skins.
2. What migrating animal do The People follow?
(a) Musk oxen.
3. How do moose protect themselves from cold?
(b) Huddling in circles.
(c) Digging shelters.
(d) Staying in one place.
4. Which part of society do The People feed first?
(a) Old people.
5. How did Chi'idzigyaak get her name?
(a) From a caribou.
(b) From a star.
(c) From a whale.
(d) From a chickadee.
6. What does the name Sa' mean?
7. Who sets up shelters for the old women?
(a) Younger men.
(c) The chief.
(d) Younger women.
8. What do the younger men provide for the old women?
(a) Dried fish.
(b) Wood and water.
(c) Food and clothing.
(d) Snowshoes and weapons.
9. What do the younger women do for the old women?
(a) Clean their campsites.
(b) Cook their food.
(c) Pull their possessions to campsites.
(d) Sew their clothing.
This section contains 4,399 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)