Chapter 1, Hunger and Cold Take Their Toll
• The People face starvation in the bleak winter.
• There is unusual cold and few animals to hunt.
• Hunters are fed first because hunting in the cold requires more energy.
• The People have cared for two old women for many years.
• The old women have the character flaw of complaining.
• The chief announces that the council has decided to leave the old women behind.
• Leaving old ones behind has been done before, but never by this band.
• Ozhii Nelii is afraid that she and her son will be left behind if she defends the old women.
• Shruh Zhuu is afraid the hunters will take desperate action.
• Shruh Zhuu hides a hatchet for the old women.
• Chi'idzigyaak is angry at Ozhii Nelii's weakness in failing to defend her.
• Sa' argues that it is better to die trying than sitting.
Chapter 2, Let Us Die Trying
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)