|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Kinds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jing-Mei describes her mother having given her a Bible page to study and then report everything she could remember when she was a child. What does Jing-Mei tell her mother is all she can recall from the passage?
(a) For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith
(b) Now Jehoshaphat had riches and honor in abundance
(c) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth
(d) And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose
2. “Two Kinds” is a short story that was initially published in what periodical in February 1989?
(a) The New Yorker
(b) The San Franciscan
(c) The Atlantic
(d) Reader’s Digest
3. What word from the story mean to find fault in, blame, or censure?
4. How long ago does Jing-Mei say she sent a tuner to her parents’ apartment to recondition the piano at the end of the story?
(a) Two days ago
(b) A year ago
(c) A month ago
(d) A week ago
5. When Jing-Mei’s mother asks her for the capital of Finland, Jing-Mei responds with the capital of what country in the beginning of the story?
(b) Great Britain
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Auntie Lindo’s daughter in the story?
2. Where does Jing-Mei describe the piano as standing in her parents’ living room at the end of the story?
3. What is Jing-Mei doing on the day when her mother insists she go practice at the piano after the talent show fiasco?
4. When Jing-Mei and her mother get into an argument about Jing-Mei beginning piano lessons, Jing-Mei’s mother exclaims, “If she had as much talent as she has temper, she would be” what?
5. When Jing-Mei has a revelation while staring at herself in the bathroom mirror as a child, how does she describe the girl who is staring back at her?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)