|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Kinds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jing-Mei argues with her mother over piano practice after the talent show, she says, “As I said these things I got scared. I felt like” what were “crawling out of my chest”?
(a) Demons and beasts and dragons
(b) The living dead and all my past
(c) Phantoms and ghosts and darkness
(d) Worms and toads and slimy things
2. What does Jing-Mei’s mother trade with Mr. Chong so that Jing-Mei may take piano lessons from him?
(a) Housecleaning services
(b) Home-cooked meals
(c) Dog-walking services
(d) Medical advice
3. What does Jing-Mei wear in her hair at the talent show?
(a) A gold ribbon
(b) A silver crown
(c) A yellow bow
(d) A pink bow
4. What does Jing-Mei’s mother do to earn money for the family when Jing-Mei is a child?
(a) She cleans houses
(b) She cooks at a hotel
(c) She teaches piano
(d) She teaches English
5. Of her mother’s ambitions and her own as a child, Jing-Mei says, “I was like the Christ child lifted out of the straw manger, crying with” what?
(a) Holy indignity
(b) Judicious rage
(c) Bitter contempt
(d) Holy agony
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jing-Mei was helping her father get things in order after Jing-Mei’s mother died, she says she found “some old Chinese silk dresses, the kind with” what?
2. What does Mr. Chong live in relation to Jing-Mei’s family when she’s growing up?
3. When does Jing-Mei say her mother came to America?
4. What is the name of Auntie Lindo’s daughter in the story?
5. When her mother offered to give her the piano for her birthday, Jing-Mei says she saw this action as what?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)