|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Kinds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jing-Mei say she put the sweaters her mother knitted in after she died in the end of the story?
(a) A wooden chest
(b) Moth-proof boxes
(c) An air-tight bag
(d) A garbage bag
2. What does Jing-Mei say Mr. Chong would balance on her wrists as she practiced piano so that she would keep them still?
3. When was Edvard Grieg born?
4. How does Jing-Mei describe her family’s television at the time when her mother watched The Ed Sullivan Show?
(a) The TV was old and the sound kept shorting out
(b) The TV was brand new but the picture was still blurry
(c) The TV was new and the picture was clear
(d) The TV was a black and white model but had a good picture
5. Jing-Mei says that during her childhood, the tests her mother gave her “got harder—multiplying numbers in my head, finding” what card in a deck of cards?
(a) The ace of diamonds
(b) The queen of hearts
(c) The joker card
(d) The five of spades
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jing-Mei kick under her feet as her mother drags her to the piano for practice after the talent show?
2. How old was Shirley Temple when she began her film career?
3. What word does Jing-Mei use to describe Auntie Lindo’s daughter in the narrative?
4. Examine the following sentence from the narrative: “I kept thinking my fingers would adjust themselves back, like a train switching to the right track.” What literary device is used in this example?
5. When Jing-Mei’s mother enrolls her in piano lessons, Jing-Mei says, “I can’t play the piano. And even if I could, I wouldn’t” what?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)