|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Kinds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jing-Mei says that soon after her mother got the idea for her to be a Chinese Shirley Temple, she took her to a beauty school in what district?
(a) Noe Valley
(b) Potrero Hill
(c) The Mission district
2. Jing-Mei is surprised after her “talent-show fiasco” that her mother did not do what?
(a) Slap her
(b) Yell at her
(c) Ground her
3. What does the phrase “Ni kan” translate to, according to the narrator?
(a) You watch
(b) Listen closely
(c) Go outside
(d) Call me
4. When was Shirley Temple born?
5. How does Jing-Mei describe Auntie Lindo’s smile when she looks out at the audience before beginning her piano solo at the talent show?
(a) Terse and comical
(c) Broad and happy
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jing-Mei say her academic career ended in “Two Kinds”?
2. How old does Jing-Mei say she was when her mother told her “Of course you can be prodigy too” in the beginning of the story?
3. How many hours a day does Jing-Mei have access to the piano at Mr. Chong’s for practice when she first begins taking lessons?
4. The Magnuson Act was passed in the year that China became what?
5. What color dress does Jing-Mei wear for her piano debut at the talent show?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)