|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Kinds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jing-Mei say her mother came to America?
2. Edvard Grieg was a composer and pianist from what country?
3. How do Jing-Mei and her parents travel home after the talent show?
(a) By taxi
(b) By bus
(c) By limousine
(d) By train
4. What nickname does Jing-Mei say she secretly gave Mr. Chong when she began taking piano lessons with him?
(a) Old Chong
(b) Wicked Chong
(c) Sage Chong
(d) Wise Chong
5. How old is the little girl on The Ed Sullivan Show that Jing-Mei and her mother watch playing piano?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Auntie Lindo’s daughter say matter-of-factly to Jing-Mei after her performance at the talent show?
2. When was the Chinese Exclusion Act signed into law?
3. What is the name of the Schumann piece that Jing-Mei is to play at the talent show?
4. At what time does Jing-Mei have access to Mr. Chong’s piano for her daily practice sessions when she begins studying with him?
5. Jing-Mei says in the beginning of “Two Kinds,” “My mother believed you could be anything you wanted to be in America. You could open” what?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)