|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Kinds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mothers comprise the Joy Luck Club in the story?
2. Jing-Mei says that Mr. Chong would have her curve her hand around what object and then keep that shape while playing chords?
(a) An apple
(b) A penny
(c) A potato
(d) A rope
3. How many sons does Auntie Lindo have in the story?
4. When was the Chinese Exclusion Act signed into law?
5. Of her childhood and the ambitions that Jing-Mei and her mother felt for her at this time, she says in the beginning of the story, “In all of my imaginings, I was filled with a sense that I would soon become” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Schumann piece that Jing-Mei is to play at the talent show?
2. Jing-Mei describes the fingers of Mr. Chong’s mother as feeling like what?
3. At what time does Jing-Mei’s mother insist that Jing-Mei begin her piano practice following the talent show fiasco?
4. When Jing-Mei stands up after playing her piano solo at the talent show, she realizes what are shaking?
5. What does the piano symbolize in “Two Kinds”?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)