|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Kinds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jing-Mei say she mostly did do while she was practicing her music for the talent show?
(a) Focused on the keys she was playing
(b) Daydreamed about being elsewhere
(c) Practiced her scales and chords
(d) Listened to all the errors she made
2. When Jing-Mei’s mother enrolls her in piano lessons, Jing-Mei says, “I can’t play the piano. And even if I could, I wouldn’t” what?
(a) Be able to play it well enough for your expectations
(b) Play for you
(c) Take lessons from Mr. Chong
(d) Go on TV if you paid me a million dollars
3. Jing-Mei is surprised after her “talent-show fiasco” that her mother did not do what?
(a) Ground her
(b) Yell at her
(d) Slap her
4. What word from the story means coolly unconcerned, indifferent, or unexcited?
5. Who founded the Ripley’s Believe It or Not franchise?
(a) George Ripley
(b) James Ripley
(c) Robert Ripley
(d) Alexander Ripley
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jing-Mei describe Mr. Chong’s eyes as always looking when she began piano lessons with him?
2. By what name does Jing-Mei refer to Mr. Chong’s mother as in the story?
3. The majority of the narrative of “Two Kinds” is related from what perspective?
4. As Jing-Mei sits down to begin her piano solo at the talent show, she envisions whom rushing up to introduce her to everyone on TV?
5. After Jing-Mei’s performance at the talent show, she says, “We could have escaped during intermission.” What does she say “must have anchored my parents to their chairs”?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)