|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Kinds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jing-Mei describes the girl playing piano on The Ed Sullivan Show as having the sauciness of whom?
(a) John Wayne
(b) Shirley Temple
(c) Peter Pan
(d) Little Orphan Annie
2. What is the nickname that Auntie Lindo’s daughter is known by in the area where Jing-Mei grows up?
(a) Chinatown’s Littlest Chinese Swimming Star
(b) Chinatown’s Littlest Chinese Checkers Champion
(c) Chinatown’s Littlest “Chinatown’s Littlest Chinese Mah-jongg Champion
(d) Chinatown’s Littlest Chinese Chess Champion
3. What is the neighborhood called where Jing-Mei’s family lives when she’s a child?
(b) Nob Hill
(c) Little Italy
4. Of Auntie Lindo’s daughter, Jing-Mei says “We had grown up together and shared all the closeness of two sisters squabbling over crayons and dolls. In other words, for the most part, we” what?
(a) Loved each other
(b) Hated each other
(c) Envied each other
(d) Pestered each other
5. How does Jing-Mei say she felt when her time to perform her piano solo at the talent show came?
(a) I was worried
(b) I was terrified
(c) I was very confident
(d) I was scared, but hopeful
Short Answer Questions
1. Jing-Mei says to her mother as they argue over piano practice after the talent show, “I’ll never be the kind of daughter you want me to be!” Her mother responds, “Only two kinds of daughters.” What are these two kinds?
2. What does Mr. Chong live in relation to Jing-Mei’s family when she’s growing up?
3. Jing-Mei is surprised after her “talent-show fiasco” that her mother did not do what?
4. What musical term from the story refers to a composition for one or two instruments, typically comprised of three or four movements in contrasting forms and keys?
5. What does Jing-Mei’s father do as they travel home after the talent show?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)