|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Kinds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the instructor of the beauty school has to cut off Jing-Mei’s hair because of the bad perm, she tells Jing-Mei’s mother that what play is very popular these days?
(b) Guys and Dolls
(c) Peter Pan
(d) Little Orphan Annie
2. When Jing-Mei has a revelation while staring at herself in the bathroom mirror as a child, she says, “I had new thoughts, willful thoughts, or rather thoughts willed with lots of” what?
3. How does Jing-Mei describe her school achievements in “Two Kinds”?
(a) I flunked every class twice
(b) I got straight A’s
(c) I didn’t get straight A’s
(d) I skipped two grades
4. When her mother offered to give her the piano for her birthday, Jing-Mei says she saw this action as what?
(a) A sign of hope
(b) A sign of forgiveness
(c) A sign of repentance
(d) A sign of apology
5. What does Jing-Mei promise herself when she has the revelation while staring in the bathroom mirror as a child?
(a) I won’t allow myself to be a victim
(b) I won’t let her change me
(c) I won’t become an actress
(d) I won’t get married to him
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the narrative means under a magical trance?
2. How does Jing-Mei’s mother respond when Jing-Mei throws a fit when she’s told she’ll be taking piano lessons?
3. Of Auntie Lindo’s daughter, Jing-Mei says “We had grown up together and shared all the closeness of two sisters squabbling over crayons and dolls. In other words, for the most part, we” what?
4. Jing-Mei describes the sound of the “bellows of the foghorns out on the bay” as sounding like what?
5. What is the name of the song that Jing-Mei finds next to the Schumann piece she played for the talent show at the end of the story?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)