|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Kinds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jing-Mei say she put her mother’s jewelry in after her death at the end of the story?
(a) A box made of tin
(b) Special silk pouches
(c) A bank vault
(d) A post office box
2. “Two Kinds” is a short story from Amy Tan’s book The Joy Luck Club. This collection of short stories revolves around the lives of Chinese immigrant women who form a club and play what game?
(b) Chinese checkers
3. In what year did the film Bright Eyes bring Shirley Temple international fame?
4. Jing-Mei says that as a child “sometimes the prodigy in me became impatient.” What did Jing-Mei’s inner prodigy tell her at this time?
(a) If you don’t hurry up and get me out of here, I’m disappearing for good
(b) If I’m not on stage in a year, I’ll never get there
(c) Tell her to stop making you do this. This is taking forever
(d) I’m dying of boredom. When are we going to do something fun?
5. Edvard Grieg was a composer and pianist from what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jing-Mei’s mother tell her she looks like after she’s been given a bad perm at the beauty school?
2. What does Jing-Mei’s father do as they travel home after the talent show?
3. Jing-Mei describes the fingers of Mr. Chong’s mother as feeling like what?
4. What is the name of the Schumann piece that Jing-Mei is to play at the talent show?
5. What U.S. President signed the Chinese Exclusion Act into law?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)