|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Kinds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jing-Mei tell her mother she wishes she were like as they argue about piano practice after the talent show?
(a) Her “dead” daughters
(b) Her distant cousins
(c) Her first husband
(d) Her great-grandmother
2. What color dress does Jing-Mei wear for her piano debut at the talent show?
3. What complaint does Jing-Mei’s mother make about the young piano prodigy that she watches on The Ed Sullivan Show?
(a) Play wrong notes and smiles without meaning to
(b) Play wrong notes. Chords are all off
(c) Play not too good, but has character
(d) Play note right, but doesn’t sound good! No singing sound
4. The little girl that Jing-Mei and her mother watch playing piano on The Ed Sullivan Show is said to have what kind of haircut?
(a) A Peter Pan haircut
(b) A Shirley Temple haircut
(c) A Barbie Doll haircut
(d) A Raggedy Anne haircut
5. How old is the boy at the talent show that is described as wearing a fake moustache and doing a magic show?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Auntie Lindo’s daughter in the story?
2. What does Auntie Lindo’s daughter say matter-of-factly to Jing-Mei after her performance at the talent show?
3. What college does Jing-Mei say she didn’t get into, causing more disappointment for her mother?
4. What is the name of the Schumann piece that Jing-Mei is to play at the talent show?
5. How long ago has Jing-Mei’s mother died when she sends the tuner to recondition the piano at the end of the story?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)