|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Ten, where does Stephanie stake-out Kenny?
(a) Stephanie's mother's house.
(b) At Spiro's house.
(c) The bar down the street.
(d) In the parking lot of a cheap motel.
2. When does Stephanie wake up the first morning at her parent's house?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) Stephanie does not sleep that night.
(c) 5:30 a.m.
3. What does Stephanie claim the other women in her family have that she does not?
(b) A dainty frame.
(c) A pretty face.
(d) A passion for the truth.
4. How does Grandma Mazur stop the threat Vinnie makes to Stephanie?
(a) Threatens to rat out Vinnie to his Grandma Bela.
(b) Threatens to get Vinnie fired.
(c) Files a sexual harrassment suit.
(d) Admits Vinnie was adopted.
5. At the start of Chapter Nine, what weapon does Stephanie strap to her belt in case she runs into Kenny?
(a) Pepper spray and a stun gun.
(b) A large knife and a small knife.
(c) A large knife and pepper spray.
(d) A real gun and a stun gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kenny stab Grandma Mazur with?
2. Grandma Mazur recognizes what about the caskets found at the abandoned building?
3. Whom does Stephanie assume Spiro will believe broke into his apartment instead of her?
4. In Chapter Eleven, what does Stephanie leave for Morelli when she takes the truck?
5. What act does Lula perform to gain entry into Spiro's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the type of style the women in the 'Burg aspire to. Does caring about beauty and fashion make them seem oppressed?
2. Why does Stephanie's mother complain about Stephanie wearing Doc Marten boots?
3. What do Stephanie and Lula have in common?
4. How does Grandma Mazur save both herself and Stephanie from Kenny?
5. Mrs. Plum is suddenly on Stephanie's side and wants her to succeed at capturing Kenny. Why?
6. When Stephanie agrees to guard Spiro, it seems she is simply accepting money to do something she finds distasteful. Is this the reason?
7. Grandma Mazur buys clothing similar to Stephanie in Chapter Thirteen. Why do you feel she does this?
8. Why does Morelli's past with Stephanie suggest a greater opportunity for a future?
9. How does Stephanie physically describe the women in her family and how does this match up with their character?
10. What does the fact that Stephanie's mother tried to set Stephanie up with Spiro say about her mother's judgment?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)