|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is grotesquely interested in the contents of the package Stephanie receives from her building superintendent?
(a) Grandma Mazur.
(d) Mrs. Plum.
2. In Chapter Eleven, what do Stephanie and Morelli do together after her meeting with Spiro?
(a) Stake-out Kenny's motel room.
(b) Plan to kidnap Spiro.
(c) Go to dinner.
(d) Watch a hockey game.
3. Grandma Mazur recognizes what about the caskets found at the abandoned building?
(a) The caskets are more expensive than Stephanie believes.
(b) That the caskets have been used.
(c) That the caskets are military surplus.
(d) That the caskets are designer brands.
4. Why is there record attendance at Loosey's viewing?
(a) The whole town loved him.
(b) The gossip about his missing body part.
(c) Loosey's Grandma has been begging people to come.
(d) There is rumored to be money in his casket.
5. What does Stephanie plan to swear off following the case?
(b) Funeral parlors.
(c) Freelance work.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of Chapter Nine, what weapon does Stephanie strap to her belt in case she runs into Kenny?
2. Why do the windows of the Buick steam up during the funeral home surveillance?
3. In Chapter Eight, where does Stephanie store a certain, severed body part?
4. In Chapter Nine, what has happened to a large pile of caskets at the abandoned building?
5. What does Lula say about the Buick when she is driving in it with Stephanie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the type of style the women in the 'Burg aspire to. Does caring about beauty and fashion make them seem oppressed?
2. Stephanie does not call the police about the finger. Instead, she returns it to the body. What does this say about her character?
3. Kenny's acts of violence start small and then progress into larger, more grotesque actions. Explain the escalation.
4. When Stephanie agrees to guard Spiro, it seems she is simply accepting money to do something she finds distasteful. Is this the reason?
5. Why does Morelli's past with Stephanie suggest a greater opportunity for a future?
6. What has changed about Stephanie's bedroom from the time she lived there in high school? What does this say about how Stephanie's mother views her?
7. What does the fact that Stephanie's mother tried to set Stephanie up with Spiro say about her mother's judgment?
8. How does Morelli help defend Grandma Mazur and Stephanie against Kenny?
9. Stephanie observes that the widow of the fingerless man has never experienced independence and will not know how to handle independence now that her husband has died. How is this different from Stephanie's lifestyle?
10. Describe the general vibe of Spiro. What redeeming qualities has he shown up until Chapter Nine that would make Stephanie trust him and work as his bodyguard?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)