|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Stephanie assume Spiro will believe broke into his apartment instead of her?
2. After Stephanie and Morelli speak with Cubby about the van, who is the casket-stealing suspect?
(a) A foreign man no one is familiar with.
(b) The Sandman.
3. How does Grandma Mazur stop the threat Vinnie makes to Stephanie?
(a) Admits Vinnie was adopted.
(b) Files a sexual harrassment suit.
(c) Threatens to rat out Vinnie to his Grandma Bela.
(d) Threatens to get Vinnie fired.
4. Who is carrying a gun in Clara's Beauty Salon?
(a) Joyce Barnhart.
(b) All of the patrons.
5. In the funeral parlor basement, where does Kenny reveal that he has stashed his victim?
(a) A refrigerated body drawer.
(b) Behind the door.
(c) In a casket.
(d) In a secret room.
Short Answer Questions
1. When someone goes missing at the funeral parlor, whom does Stephanie call for help?
2. What color are the heels Stephanie purchases after chasing Kenny?
3. In Chapter Eight, what type of therapy do Stephanie and her best friend take part in?
4. What does Stephanie plan to swear off following the case?
5. What does Stephanie find in her purse while watching the funeral home in Chapter Thirteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the type of style the women in the 'Burg aspire to. Does caring about beauty and fashion make them seem oppressed?
2. In Chapter Eleven, what action does Stephanie take that causes the religious structure of the 'Burg to be revealed?
3. What does the fact that Stephanie's mother tried to set Stephanie up with Spiro say about her mother's judgment?
4. Although Stephanie takes on many odd jobs to make ends meet, her true passion is as a bounty hunter. How do her other jobs add or subtract to this aspiration?
5. When Grandma Mazur is attacked, this hurts Stephanie more than if she were attacked. Why?
6. What do Stephanie and Lula have in common?
7. Why does it seem as though Joyce Barnhardt has had it out for Stephanie throughout their entire life?
8. Grandma Mazur buys clothing similar to Stephanie in Chapter Thirteen. Why do you feel she does this?
9. Why does Lula break the window when she and Stephanie visit Spiro's apartment?
10. How does Morelli help defend Grandma Mazur and Stephanie against Kenny?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)