|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stephanie brings Grandma Mazur to visit Vinnie because she is certain he is about to do what?
(a) Fire Lula.
(b) Tell Spiro she's attracted to him.
(c) Take Stephanie off the Kenny case.
(d) Fine Stephanie for damage to the Jeep.
2. In Chapter Eleven, what does Spiro hope people will think about him and Stephanie?
(a) Stephanie is having his baby.
(b) Stephanie is his business partner.
(c) They are engaged.
(d) They are dating.
3. What is Stephanie waiting for while she snoops around the funeral home in Chapter Eight?
(a) Stephanie's tire to get fixed.
(b) Spiro to propose.
(c) Grandmother to show up.
(d) The pricing on a cheap casket.
4. In Chapter Eight, what type of therapy do Stephanie and her best friend take part in?
(a) Group therapy.
(b) Retail therapy.
(c) Individual counseling.
(d) Chocolate therapy.
5. What does Stephanie find in her purse while watching the funeral home in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Roche's bug.
(b) The other foot.
(c) A stun gun.
(d) A death threat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Twelve, what surprises Stephanie about her mother's reaction to her and Morelli spending time together?
2. After Stephanie points out the suspicious van, whom does Spiro suggest is stealing caskets?
3. After learning about the caskets that were found, Spiro leaves someone in charge of the funeral home for the afternoon. Who?
4. When Spiro is attacked by Kenny, what religious gesture does Stephanie make?
5. When Grandma Mazur goes to Clara's to show off her wound, what color of hair does Grandma Mazur walk out with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lula break the window when she and Stephanie visit Spiro's apartment?
2. In Chapter Thirteen, Stephanie uses Grandma Mazur as a weapon against Vinnie. How does Grandma Mazur use her power over Vinnie to keep Stephanie employed, and what does this say about the power structure in the 'Burg?
3. What do Stephanie and Lula have in common?
4. Stephanie observes that the widow of the fingerless man has never experienced independence and will not know how to handle independence now that her husband has died. How is this different from Stephanie's lifestyle?
5. Why does Morelli's past with Stephanie suggest a greater opportunity for a future?
6. Stephanie does not call the police about the finger. Instead, she returns it to the body. What does this say about her character?
7. Why does Stephanie once again snap back to business with Morelli, in spite of the kiss they shared?
8. When Stephanie stakes out Kenny at the motel, does she work alone or with back-up, and why?
9. How does Morelli help defend Grandma Mazur and Stephanie against Kenny?
10. Why does Stephanie's mother complain about Stephanie wearing Doc Marten boots?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)