|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Stephanie and Morelli speak with Cubby about the van, who is the casket-stealing suspect?
(c) The Sandman.
(d) A foreign man no one is familiar with.
2. In Chapter Ten, where does Stephanie stake-out Kenny?
(a) At Spiro's house.
(b) Stephanie's mother's house.
(c) The bar down the street.
(d) In the parking lot of a cheap motel.
3. On her way to take Spiro home, what does Stephanie tell her mother her part-time job is?
(a) Waiting tables.
(b) Working at the beauty parlor.
(c) Cleaning the funeral home.
(d) Sewing at the dry cleaners.
4. What meal does Morelli eat with Stephanie's family at the beginning of Chapter Fourteen?
5. What does Stephanie ask Louie Moon to do when someone complains the living room is too hot?
(a) Fix the thermostat.
(b) Tell them to leave the funeral home.
(c) Guard the body.
(d) Teach her to shoot a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandma Mazur recognizes what about the caskets found at the abandoned building?
2. In Chapter Fourteen, who goes missing at the funeral parlor?
3. How does Morelli find out Stephanie's performing a stake-out on Kenny?
4. In what location does Grandma Mazur get attacked?
5. What is the philosophy of the 'Burg society?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lula break the window when she and Stephanie visit Spiro's apartment?
2. In Chapter Thirteen, Stephanie uses Grandma Mazur as a weapon against Vinnie. How does Grandma Mazur use her power over Vinnie to keep Stephanie employed, and what does this say about the power structure in the 'Burg?
3. Why does Stephanie's mother complain about Stephanie wearing Doc Marten boots?
4. Describe the general vibe of Spiro. What redeeming qualities has he shown up until Chapter Nine that would make Stephanie trust him and work as his bodyguard?
5. Kenny's acts of violence start small and then progress into larger, more grotesque actions. Explain the escalation.
6. What does the fact that Stephanie's mother tried to set Stephanie up with Spiro say about her mother's judgment?
7. What does Stephanie learn about Morelli when Andy Roche appears in Chapter Twelve, and what does this say about Stephanie's instincts?
8. What has changed about Stephanie's bedroom from the time she lived there in high school? What does this say about how Stephanie's mother views her?
9. How does Morelli help defend Grandma Mazur and Stephanie against Kenny?
10. Mrs. Plum is suddenly on Stephanie's side and wants her to succeed at capturing Kenny. Why?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)