|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of guns does Stephanie find in Spiro's apartment?
(a) Stun guns.
(d) Machine guns.
2. In Chapter Eight, why can't Stephanie physically catch Kenny when she spots him?
(a) Kenny is riding a motorcycle.
(b) Kenny shoots at her.
(c) Stephanie is wearing high heels.
(d) Stephanie breaks her ankle mid-chase.
3. What does Lula say about the Buick when she is driving in it with Stephanie?
(a) The Buick is too big of a car for Stephanie.
(b) The Buick's size is impressive.
(c) The new car smell.
(d) The Buick reminds her of a pimp she once knew.
4. In Chapter Ten, where does Stephanie stake-out Kenny?
(a) Stephanie's mother's house.
(b) At Spiro's house.
(c) The bar down the street.
(d) In the parking lot of a cheap motel.
5. Who is carrying a gun in Clara's Beauty Salon?
(b) Joyce Barnhart.
(c) All of the patrons.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Nine, Morelli and Stephanie visit whom with the finger?
2. How does Morelli find out Stephanie's performing a stake-out on Kenny?
3. What does Stephanie get from the guns in Spiro's apartment?
4. Kenny calls Stephanie at home, threatening to harm whom?
5. How does Stephanie get Spiro to take her to the basement after someone goes missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Thirteen, Stephanie uses Grandma Mazur as a weapon against Vinnie. How does Grandma Mazur use her power over Vinnie to keep Stephanie employed, and what does this say about the power structure in the 'Burg?
2. Why does Morelli's past with Stephanie suggest a greater opportunity for a future?
3. Although Stephanie takes on many odd jobs to make ends meet, her true passion is as a bounty hunter. How do her other jobs add or subtract to this aspiration?
4. What has changed about Stephanie's bedroom from the time she lived there in high school? What does this say about how Stephanie's mother views her?
5. Grandma Mazur buys clothing similar to Stephanie in Chapter Thirteen. Why do you feel she does this?
6. Describe the type of style the women in the 'Burg aspire to. Does caring about beauty and fashion make them seem oppressed?
7. Why is it frightening when the Sandman is killed and his body mutilated?
8. What do Stephanie and Lula have in common?
9. What does Stephanie learn about Morelli when Andy Roche appears in Chapter Twelve, and what does this say about Stephanie's instincts?
10. How does Morelli help defend Grandma Mazur and Stephanie against Kenny?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)