|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Stephanie wake up the first morning at her parent's house?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 5:30 a.m.
(c) Stephanie does not sleep that night.
2. In what location does Grandma Mazur get attacked?
(a) On the sidewalk.
(b) In Grandma's house.
(c) At the funeral home.
(d) The beauty parlor.
3. What does Spiro ask of Stephanie just after she decided he reminds her of Kenny?
(a) To manage the funeral parlor with him.
(b) To go on a date with him.
(c) To consider him a confidant and a friend.
(d) To marry him.
4. After learning about the caskets that were found, Spiro leaves someone in charge of the funeral home for the afternoon. Who?
(a) Grandma Mazur.
(d) Mrs. Plum.
5. What is code for "serious talk" in Stephanie's family?
(a) "We have to talk."
(b) "Come see this new dress."
(c) "Let's take a walk."
(d) "Help in the kitchen."
Short Answer Questions
1. After Stephanie and Morelli speak with Cubby about the van, who is the casket-stealing suspect?
2. In Chapter Fourteen, who goes missing at the funeral parlor?
3. What does Stephanie get from the guns in Spiro's apartment?
4. In Chapter Eight, where does Stephanie store a certain, severed body part?
5. At the start of Chapter Nine, what weapon does Stephanie strap to her belt in case she runs into Kenny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Stephanie takes on many odd jobs to make ends meet, her true passion is as a bounty hunter. How do her other jobs add or subtract to this aspiration?
2. Kenny's acts of violence start small and then progress into larger, more grotesque actions. Explain the escalation.
3. How does Stephanie physically describe the women in her family and how does this match up with their character?
4. Describe the general vibe of Spiro. What redeeming qualities has he shown up until Chapter Nine that would make Stephanie trust him and work as his bodyguard?
5. What does the fact that Stephanie's mother tried to set Stephanie up with Spiro say about her mother's judgment?
6. How does Morelli help defend Grandma Mazur and Stephanie against Kenny?
7. What has changed about Stephanie's bedroom from the time she lived there in high school? What does this say about how Stephanie's mother views her?
8. Why does it seem as though Joyce Barnhardt has had it out for Stephanie throughout their entire life?
9. Stephanie does not call the police about the finger. Instead, she returns it to the body. What does this say about her character?
10. What does Stephanie learn about Morelli when Andy Roche appears in Chapter Twelve, and what does this say about Stephanie's instincts?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)