|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Stephanie Moogey's address in Trenton?
(a) Sheila, Moogey's girlfriend.
(b) Evelyn, Moogey's mother.
(c) Cubby, Moogey's coworker.
(d) Johnny, Moogey's boss.
2. The guns sold in the gun sale in Chapter Six were from where?
(a) Fort Braddock.
(b) Fort Knox.
(d) West Virginia.
3. In Chapter Seven, what does Grandma Mazur pull off the dead body in the casket?
(a) The flower in his lapel.
(b) A shiny pair of shoes.
(c) A blue hat.
(d) A finger.
4. Why is Connie from the bond office upset at beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) The file clerk quit.
(b) The office has no business and might go under.
(c) Connie might lose her job.
(d) Connie has just discovered she is pregnant.
5. Which door was not locked in Kenny's recovered vehicle?
(a) The right back door.
(b) The driver's side door.
(c) The left back door.
(d) The passenger's side door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Stephanie suspicious of the Sandman at the beginning of Chapter Five?
2. In Chapter Six, whom does Stephanie have lunch with to discuss the latest developments in her case?
3. Who does not think highly of Morelli?
4. How does Stephanie get Eula to come downtown?
5. How does Morelli suggest resolving the stolen casket issue?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Spiro produces an unsigned letter much like the one Stephanie received, what does this device achieve?
2. What is the major difference between the attitude of Stephanie's grandmother and Mrs. Plum?
3. Why do the residents of the 'Burg see it as unusual for Stephanie to be single?
4. What do Grandma Mazur and Eula have in common?
5. When Stephanie and Morelli bump into each other at the crash, what does it symbolize?
6. How does the information about the money spent on funerals continue to cast suspicion on Spiro's story?
7. Stephanie attends dinner with her grandmother hoping to get a lead on her case through neighborhood gossip. The grandmother invites Stephanie to dinner in hopes that she will connect with Spiro, the surprise dinner guest. What do these actions say about the relationship of these women to each other?
8. By leaving a card with the Sandman's neighbor, is Stephanie setting herself up as a target or simply attempting to get information?
9. What device does the author use to create a past between Stephanie and Morelli?
10. Why does Grandma Mazur pull the finger off of the corpse at the funeral home?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)