|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stephanie go to the storage facility after a night when she couldn't sleep?
(a) To get information on the caskets.
(b) To look for a dead body.
(c) Eula suggested she would find something important in Unit 7.
(d) Kenny is supposed to meet her there.
2. Why does Stephanie meet with Spiro following Moogey's viewing?
(a) To get more information on the stolen caskets.
(b) Because Spiro knows something about the case.
(c) Spiro has information on Morelli.
(d) Stephanie's grandmother is setting them up.
3. In Chapter Five, where does Stephanie get information on other caskets?
(a) The morgue.
(b) The graveyard.
(c) Other funeral homes.
4. In Chapter Seven, what does Grandma Mazur pull off the dead body in the casket?
(a) The flower in his lapel.
(b) A finger.
(c) A shiny pair of shoes.
(d) A blue hat.
5. Why is Stephanie hunting a certain character in a stake-out?
(a) Stephanie is determined to prove that the character is a drug dealer.
(b) Stephanie is attracted to this character.
(c) The character missed a court date.
(d) The character shot a friend in the knee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of characters does Vincent Plum allow Stephanie to pursue?
2. Why did Stephanie get Lula hired in the office after the other file clerk quit?
3. What does Grandma Mazur do that shocks the attendees at Moogey's closed casket viewing?
4. What does Stephanie give Morelli at the beginning of Chapter Six?
5. The night Stephanie's apartment is robbed, what does she set up against her door in case of another break-in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephanie's mother want her to have another job?
2. There are many examples of irreverence that take place at the funeral home. For example, the group that attends the K and C funeral get rowdy and drunk. How does this device help the story?
3. Why does Stephanie become suspicious of Spiro and the cheap caskets?
4. The size of the Buick is used as a commentary piece regarding what?
5. Could Stephanie accomplish what she does if she lived somewhere that was not as close knit?
6. Why does Morelli want Stephanie to stay away from the Sandman?
7. Why did parts of the 'Burg seem to become less fortunate than others?
8. How does the 'Burg help with the job Stephanie is trying to do?
9. What do Grandma Mazur and Eula have in common?
10. Stephanie attends dinner with her grandmother hoping to get a lead on her case through neighborhood gossip. The grandmother invites Stephanie to dinner in hopes that she will connect with Spiro, the surprise dinner guest. What do these actions say about the relationship of these women to each other?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)