|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Stephanie when her Jeep gets stolen in Chapter Five?
(a) The House of Eternal Slumber.
(b) Morelli's house.
(c) Outside her grandmother's apartment.
(d) Getting Chinese take-out.
2. What does Stephanie have to remind herself regarding Morelli?
(a) Stephanie cannot trust his false leads.
(b) Stephanie needs to avoid emotional involvement.
(c) Morelli has already been married five times.
(d) Morelli is suspected of killing his ex-wife.
3. Whom did Stephanie lie to for the tip on Kenny Mancuso?
(a) Kenny's cousin, Morelli.
(b) Kenny's girlfriend, Julia.
(c) Kenny's friend, Moogey.
(d) Kenny's gardener.
4. Whom does Spiro say he is afraid of in Chapter Seven?
(b) Spiro's father.
(c) The Sandman.
5. What does the Sandman's neighbor accuse Stephanie of being when he catches her outside the Sandman's apartment?
(a) A peeping Tom.
(b) A relative.
(c) A cop.
(d) The Sandman's ex-wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the full name of the storage facility?
2. Stephanie has no problem stealing Kenny's address book and key, but feels guilty about taking what?
3. In Chapter Seven, why does Connie make fun of Stephanie?
4. What did Vinnie do to cause a problem with the female file clerk?
5. In Chapter Six, whom does Stephanie have lunch with to discuss the latest developments in her case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the fact that the stolen guns are from Fort Braddock mean that Kenny is guilty?
2. Why does Morelli want Stephanie to stay away from the Sandman?
3. By leaving a card with the Sandman's neighbor, is Stephanie setting herself up as a target or simply attempting to get information?
4. Why does Stephanie visit dangerous suspects without back-up?
5. When Stephanie and Morelli bump into each other at the crash, what does it symbolize?
6. Why does Stephanie become suspicious of Spiro and the cheap caskets?
7. There are many examples of irreverence that take place at the funeral home. For example, the group that attends the K and C funeral get rowdy and drunk. How does this device help the story?
8. Why does Stephanie hire a former prostitute to work for Vinnie?
9. Why does Grandma Mazur pull the finger off of the corpse at the funeral home?
10. What drives Stephanie's distrust of Morelli in this particular case?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)