|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What service does Stephanie promise Eddie Gazarra in exchange for information?
(a) Bounty hunting.
(b) Dog walking.
(d) House cleaning.
2. Who gives Stephanie a tip regarding a large pickup right around the time of the casket theft?
(a) Roberta, at R & J Storage.
(b) Mrs. Plum, after visiting the beauty parlor.
(c) Eula, the homeless lady.
(d) Grandmother, after a visit to the funeral home.
3. Where did Kenny Mancuso serve his duty in the army?
(a) Fort Braddock.
(b) Fort Knox.
(c) The Peace Corps.
4. Where does Eddie Gazarra, a resource Stephanie tries to get information from, work?
(a) In city transportation.
(b) The beauty parlor.
(c) The police station.
(d) The morgue.
5. How long will it take Stephanie to get money to replace the stolen Jeep?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) 30 days.
(c) One year.
(d) No time at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sandman's neighbor accuse Stephanie of being when he catches her outside the Sandman's apartment?
2. What is the result when Moogey Bues gets shot a second time?
3. What type of characters does Vincent Plum allow Stephanie to pursue?
4. In Chapter Seven, why does Connie make fun of Stephanie?
5. Why is Connie from the bond office upset at beginning of Chapter Five?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the cat in the hamster cage symbolize?
2. What does the hamster Rex offer to Stephanie? How does this contrast with Morelli?
3. What drives Stephanie's distrust of Morelli in this particular case?
4. Why does Morelli want Stephanie to stay away from the Sandman?
5. The size of the Buick is used as a commentary piece regarding what?
6. What do Stephanie and her Grandmother argue about prior to Moogey's funeral?
7. Why does Stephanie's mother want her to have another job?
8. Why is Stephanie occasionally dishonest when seeking answers for her case?
9. How does the information about the money spent on funerals continue to cast suspicion on Spiro's story?
10. Stephanie attends dinner with her grandmother hoping to get a lead on her case through neighborhood gossip. The grandmother invites Stephanie to dinner in hopes that she will connect with Spiro, the surprise dinner guest. What do these actions say about the relationship of these women to each other?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)