|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephanie give Morelli at the beginning of Chapter Six?
(a) A broom and a dust pan.
(b) Eggs for breakfast.
(c) A broken radio.
(d) Orange juice.
2. What does the Sandman's neighbor accuse Stephanie of being when he catches her outside the Sandman's apartment?
(a) A cop.
(b) The Sandman's ex-wife.
(c) A peeping Tom.
(d) A relative.
3. Where did Kenny Mancuso serve his duty in the army?
(a) The Peace Corps.
(b) Fort Knox.
(c) Fort Braddock.
4. What does Stephanie find in Rex's cage after her apartment was vandalized?
(a) Another hamster.
(b) A cat.
(d) A horse's head.
5. What crashes into Stephanie at a gun sale?
(a) An unmarked police car.
(b) Stephanie's stolen Jeep.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) Stephanie's stolen Buick.
6. Who follows Stephanie on this investigative journey to the storage facility?
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Mrs. Plum.
(d) The Sandman.
7. What does Spiro show Stephanie in Chapter Seven?
(a) An unsigned, scary letter like the one Stephanie received.
(b) A gun.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) A contract for free funeral services for her, her mother and grandmother.
8. Why does Stephanie get stuck on a curb when she should be chasing the "smaller car"?
(a) There was low visibility in the dark parking lot.
(b) Stephanie forgot how to drive stick.
(c) Stephanie didn't want Morelli to know they were suspects.
(d) The inhabitants of the smaller car shot at her.
9. Where is Stephanie when her Jeep gets stolen in Chapter Five?
(a) Getting Chinese take-out.
(b) Morelli's house.
(c) Outside her grandmother's apartment.
(d) The House of Eternal Slumber.
10. Who gets questioned regarding the caskets at the storage facility?
(d) Mrs. Plum.
11. How does Morelli suggest resolving the stolen casket issue?
(a) Spiro should put in an alarm system.
(b) Spiro should quit the business.
(c) Spiro should just file a police report.
(d) Spiro should put explosives in the next batch of caskets.
12. Who gives Stephanie Moogey's address in Trenton?
(a) Sheila, Moogey's girlfriend.
(b) Cubby, Moogey's coworker.
(c) Johnny, Moogey's boss.
(d) Evelyn, Moogey's mother.
13. Why does Moogey have a closed casket?
(a) Moogey's ex-wife wants to disrespect his memory.
(b) The police want to cover up the fact that Moogey's death was a crime.
(c) Moogey was shot in the head.
(d) The police are afraid people will take Moogey's picture.
14. In Chapter Seven, why does Connie make fun of Stephanie?
(a) Having her Jeep stolen in the first place.
(b) The fact that Stephanie is single.
(c) Not being able to solve the case.
(d) Stephanie's lack of parallel parking skills with the Buick.
15. Why is Stephanie suspicious of the Sandman at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) The Sandman has opened up a warehouse to sell used caskets.
(b) Stephanie's mother was quizzed by him.
(c) The Sandman has been following her.
(d) Stephanie has learned some information from Ranger and Morelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between Chapter One and Chapter Two?
2. What vehicle replaces the stolen Jeep?
3. Where is Stephanie standing when she gets a look into the Sandman's apartment?
4. What does Morelli take from Stephanie, without her permission?
5. What type of characters does Vincent Plum allow Stephanie to pursue?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)