|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Moogey have a closed casket?
(a) The police are afraid people will take Moogey's picture.
(b) Moogey was shot in the head.
(c) Moogey's ex-wife wants to disrespect his memory.
(d) The police want to cover up the fact that Moogey's death was a crime.
2. Who gives Stephanie Moogey's address in Trenton?
(a) Sheila, Moogey's girlfriend.
(b) Johnny, Moogey's boss.
(c) Evelyn, Moogey's mother.
(d) Cubby, Moogey's coworker.
3. What is the full name of the storage facility?
(a) The Store.
(b) The Storage Locker.
(c) R & J Storage.
(d) J & R Storage.
4. How does Eula, the homeless woman, escape from Stephanie?
(a) Eula steals Stephanie's Jeep.
(b) Eula takes a cab.
(c) Eula steals an old woman's bicycle.
(d) Eula runs away.
5. Why does Stephanie get stuck on a curb when she should be chasing the "smaller car"?
(a) The inhabitants of the smaller car shot at her.
(b) Stephanie forgot how to drive stick.
(c) Stephanie didn't want Morelli to know they were suspects.
(d) There was low visibility in the dark parking lot.
6. Why does Roberta leave the scene after she is questioned?
(a) To flee.
(b) To tell Spiro someone is nosing around.
(c) To check all of the storage units.
(d) To call for help.
7. How does Morelli suggest resolving the stolen casket issue?
(a) Spiro should quit the business.
(b) Spiro should put explosives in the next batch of caskets.
(c) Spiro should put in an alarm system.
(d) Spiro should just file a police report.
8. Why does Stephanie meet with Spiro following Moogey's viewing?
(a) Because Spiro knows something about the case.
(b) Spiro has information on Morelli.
(c) Stephanie's grandmother is setting them up.
(d) To get more information on the stolen caskets.
9. The guns sold in the gun sale in Chapter Six were from where?
(a) Fort Braddock.
(c) Fort Knox.
(d) West Virginia.
10. The night Stephanie's apartment is robbed, what does she set up against her door in case of another break-in?
(b) A chair.
(c) The couch.
11. What did Lula do for a living prior to her new office job?
(a) Lula was a prostitute.
(b) Lula was in the army with Kenny.
(c) Lula ran a school.
(d) Lula was a maid.
12. Who owns the car involved in Moogey Bues' shooting?
(a) Morelli's step-father, Christian.
(b) Kenny's girlfriend, Julia.
(c) Kenny Mancuso.
(d) Morelli's cousin, Leo.
13. What does Morelli take from Stephanie, without her permission?
(a) Kenny's mail order catalogues and the records of orders he placed.
(b) Kenny's credit card bill.
(c) Kenny's phone bill, showing calls to Mexico and Salvador.
(d) Kenny's address book, offering up leads to major criminals.
14. How long will it take Stephanie to get money to replace the stolen Jeep?
(a) No time at all.
(b) 30 days.
(c) One year.
(d) Two weeks.
15. Where is Stephanie standing when she gets a look into the Sandman's apartment?
(a) On the fire escape.
(b) Near the peephole in his front door.
(c) On the skylight.
(d) In a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What service does Stephanie promise Eddie Gazarra in exchange for information?
2. At the end of chapter three, Eddie Garanza leaves a message for Stephanie about Morelli's current case. What has he learned?
3. What does Stephanie admire about Morelli?
4. In Chapter Five, where does Stephanie get information on other caskets?
5. What is one of the problems Stephanie has with Morelli?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)