|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tyler fall into a group of waiters with trays full of glasses?
2. How many games does Hannah have to miss because of her injury?
3. What does Tyler have for dinner when he eats alone?
4. How do Tyler and Hannah get to school?
5. Who does Yoda have a crush on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Chip Milbury sees Tyler?
2. What is the video-game scenario that Tyler is playing?
3. What is Tyler forced to wear for the Christmas photo shoot, and why does the session not happen?
4. What does Tyler do for dinner when he thinks he is alone, and what does he do when he notices his father is home?
5. How does Tyler act when Bethany comes over to say hello to Tyler's mother?
6. What is Tyler doing at the opening of Chapter 1?
7. What is Hannah wearing to school in Chapter Twenty-nine, and what discussion does her outfit prompt?
8. Describe Tyler's visit to his probation officer in Chapter Thirty-one..
9. What is the result of Chip pushing Tyler?
10. How do Tyler and Hannah get to school, and why is Yoda distracted driving the car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characters are an integral and important part of a novel. Discuss the following:
1. Compare and contrast the characters of Tyler and Yoda. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare and contrast the characters of Hannah and Bethany. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character? What literary devices does the author use to draw a picture of each of these girls' personalities.
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in Twisted help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which do you find to be unlikable or even despicable? Why? Be specific and give examples. Do you think you see these characters as the author would want you to? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. What is foreshadow? List and discuss as many incidences of foreshadow in Twisted as you can. Describe the clue and the element that the clue foreshadows. What contribution does foreshadow make to a book?
2. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Twisted and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of personal growth in Twisted. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with growth? Why? What are some symbols of growth that are used in Twisted? Symbols of rigidity? What characters seem rigid? Which character(s) seems to demonstrate a growth in maturity or character by the end of Twisted? Refer to the text to support your ideas.
2. Trace and analyze the theme of personal power in Twisted. Which characters struggle with this issue? Why? Which characters seem to possess personal power? Why? Which characters come to have personal power by the end of the novel? Refer to the text to support your ideas.
3. What is the difference between personal power and aggression? Describe incidents in Twisted that reflect personal power and incidents that represent aggression.
4. Trace and analyze the theme of perseverance in Twisted. How did Tyler persevere? How did perseverance help him? How did perseverance occasionally turn into stubbornness and hurt Tyler?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)