|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Tyler apologize to Bethany?
(a) For not being at the game.
(b) For ignoring her at the game.
(c) For falling asleep while talking to her on the phone.
(d) For not being dress right for the game and dance.
2. What does Hannah tell Tyler just before she falls asleep?
(a) Hannah thinks Tyler is too good for Bethany.
(b) Hannah thinks Parker is the person who posted the pictures.
(c) Hannah does not believe Tyler posted the pictures.
(d) Hannah thinks Bethany knows who posted the pictures.
3. Where does Tyler have to go during school the next day?
(a) To see the nurse as he is sick with stress.
(b) To talk to Mr. Hughes.
(c) To talk to the maintenance worker.
(d) To remove his name from the tryout list for baseball.
4. About what does Janitor Joe tell Tyler to stop whining?
(a) Bethany's betrayal.
(b) Tyler's probation.
(c) Tyler's father.
(d) The gossip in school.
5. What does Tyler do before leaving the house?
(a) Finishes his letter to his parents.
(b) Leaves Hannah a present he bought for her birthday.
(c) Throws up.
(d) Strips his bed and puts the sheets in the washer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyler contemplate doing?
2. Why is Tyler having difficulty sleeping?
3. What does Tyler decide he should do?
4. What does Hannah come in to show Tyler when he is playing Tophet?
5. Why does Tyler go to the basement after writing a letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tyler walk to a party and what is it like when he arrives?
2. What happens when Tyler returns from the basement with the dictionary?
3. What does Tyler find when he arrives at school on the Monday after the party?
4. How does Hannah find out that Tyler is planning to leave home?
5. What does Tyler do when he finds Bethany, Chip, and Parker passed out?
6. What does Bethany invite Tyler to do a couple of weeks later?
7. Describe Tyler's confrontation with his father in the basement
8. Where do Yoda and Tyler go after the batting cage, and what does Tyler do?
9. How do many of the students treat Tyler in school, and how do Hannah and Yoda try to help him feel better?
10. How does Tyler confront Chip, and what happens when he encounters Bethany?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)