|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tyler go after the party?
(a) To talk to Yoda.
(b) To play his video game.
(c) To talk to Janitor Joe.
(d) To his grandfather's grave.
2. What does Tyler think about the defacing of the football field?
(a) He thinks it is very patriotic.
(b) He's afraid people will think he did it.
(c) He thinks it is a desecration of the flag.
(d) He thinks the streamers are not quite the correct colors.
3. What does Tyler take to the basement to confront his father?
(a) The police report exonerating him.
(b) His computer.
(c) The gun without the bullets.
(d) A baseball bat.
4. How does Tyler initiate a confrontation with Chip?
(a) Tyler trips Chip.
(b) Tyler throws a blanket at Chip.
(c) Tyler insults Bethany when Chip can hear.
(d) Tyler shoves Chip.
5. Why do the police come back to talk to Tyler?
(a) To tell him they have erased his hard drive.
(b) To tell him that they have found the culprit.
(c) To ask Tyler to come to the station for further questioning.
(d) To tell him they are sorry for harassing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Tyler tries to protect Bethany's reputation?
2. What does Tyler and Hannah's father forbid them to do?
3. Where does Yoda take Tyler after they leave the river?
4. Why is Tyler unhappy when he notices who is at the party?
5. What does Tyler's father demand when he gets home before the football game?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tyler feel after the party, and what does he do?
2. What does Tyler do in his father's bedroom?
3. What does Tyler tell his guidance counselor, and what is the counselor's response?
4. Why does Tyler mow the lawn, and what happens at the bonfire?
5. What transpires in the meeting with Tyler, the principal, and Tyler's mother?
6. How do many of the students treat Tyler in school, and how do Hannah and Yoda try to help him feel better?
7. Where do Yoda and Tyler go after the batting cage, and what does Tyler do?
8. Why does Hannah come into Tyler's room when he is playing Tophet?
9. How does Tyler feel about life when he wakes one morning, and what does he contemplate doing?
10. What does Tyler do when he finds Bethany, Chip, and Parker passed out?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)