|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tyler unhappy when he notices who is at the party?
(a) Yoda is there.
(b) Chip is there.
(c) Hannah is there.
(d) Yoda is not there.
2. What does Tyler learn about the police investigation into the posting of the nude pictures?
(a) He is an official suspect.
(b) The police have confiscated the computers of all the boys at the party.
(c) The police accidentally wiped clean Tyler's hard drive.
(d) The police accidentally broke Tyler's computer.
3. Why do the police come back to talk to Tyler?
(a) To tell him that they have found the culprit.
(b) To tell him they are sorry for harassing him.
(c) To tell him they have erased his hard drive.
(d) To ask Tyler to come to the station for further questioning.
4. How does Tyler's father act after dinner when he and Tyler are left alone at the table.
5. Where does Tyler have to go during school the next day?
(a) To talk to the maintenance worker.
(b) To talk to Mr. Hughes.
(c) To see the nurse as he is sick with stress.
(d) To remove his name from the tryout list for baseball.
6. What does Tyler take to the basement to confront his father?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) His computer.
(c) The gun without the bullets.
(d) The police report exonerating him.
7. Of what does Hannah reassure Tyler?
(a) That the vandals were from the opposing team.
(b) That Tyler knows how to spell.
(c) That Tyler does not care enough about football to do something to the field.
(d) That she knows he was home the night before.
8. What does Tyler debate in his mind?
(a) Whether to drink alcohol.
(b) Whether to make Hannah go home.
(c) Whether to stay at the party.
(d) Whether to take advantage of Bethany.
9. What does Tyler do after loading his father's gun?
(a) Practices drawing from the holster.
(b) Puts it back in the sock drawer.
(c) Fantasizes about shooting Mr. Hughes.
(d) Puts it in his mouth.
10. Why is Tyler having difficulty sleeping?
(a) His parents are yelling at each other.
(b) He is thinking about how disappointed he is at Bethany.
(c) He is worried about being arrested.
(d) Tyler's father is watching a football game with the volume turned up.
11. Why does Tyler go to the basement after writing a letter?
(a) To find a dictionary.
(b) To play a video game.
(c) To wash all his dirty clothes.
(d) To find a suitcase.
12. What lie does Tyler tell Hannah?
(a) That he will talk to Yoda.
(b) That he feels better after they talked.
(c) That he will be at home when she returns.
(d) That he will talk to their mother.
13. Where does Tyler fall asleep the night of the homecoming game?
(a) At his desk.
(b) In the bushes at the dance.
(c) In his own bed.
(d) Under the bleachers.
14. What does Tyler do at the river?
(a) Tosses in the gun and bullets.
(b) Swims with Yoda..
(d) Walks across the railroad trestle.
15. Where does Tyler's family go Friday evening?
(a) To watch a company movie.
(b) To talk to Bethany and her parents.
(c) To work on the new photography studio.
(d) To have their annual Christmas picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tyler encounter as he is contemplating his actions on Friday night?
2. For what does Tyler apologize to Bethany?
3. What does Tyler encounter on Monday morning at school?
4. Why does Bethany offer to take Tyler shopping?
5. Where does Tyler stay after talking to his father?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)