|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tyler having difficulty sleeping?
(a) He is worried about being arrested.
(b) He is thinking about how disappointed he is at Bethany.
(c) Tyler's father is watching a football game with the volume turned up.
(d) His parents are yelling at each other.
2. In what condition does Tyler find Bethany?
(a) She is crying.
(b) She is drunk.
(c) She is afraid.
(d) She is asleep.
3. Why does Hannah come into Tyler's room?
(a) She is upset with Yoda.
(b) She can't sleep either.
(c) She is angry because some students said mean things about Tyler.
(d) She wants to tell Tyler a secret.
4. What does Tyler want to find out from his probation officer?
(a) The consequences of having attended the party.
(b) Whether his probation period can be shortened.
(c) Whether the officer will investigate the police harassment.
(d) Whether he can finish his probation in the town where he'd like to attend the college.
5. At the opening to Chapter Sixty-four, how does Tyler feel when he wakes?
(a) Sad to the hear that Bethany is being sent away to live with her aunt.
(b) Optimistic since another guy confessed to posting the pictures.
(c) That things are quieting down at school.
(d) That is life is not worth living.
6. What does Tyler tell the guidance counselor?
(a) He is changing his schedule.
(b) He wants to sign up to take the GED.
(c) He is dropping out of school.
(d) He needs a college recommendation.
7. What does Tyler do when his father starts to yell at him?
(a) Holds the pistol up to his own head.
(b) Starts crying.
(c) Smashes his father's train set.
(d) Punches his father in the face.
8. What level does Tyler make in Tophet?
9. About what does Janitor Joe tell Tyler to stop whining?
(a) The gossip in school.
(b) Bethany's betrayal.
(c) Tyler's probation.
(d) Tyler's father.
10. What do Hannah and Tyler's mother do while Tyler is sleeping?
(a) They do not even know he is home.
(b) They do not disturb him.
(c) They try to wake him up after a few hours.
(d) They bring him dinner and wake him for that.
11. What does Tyler's father demand when he gets home before the football game?
(a) That Hannah go with Tyler and not Yoda to the game.
(b) That the family eat dinner together.
(c) That Tyler admit he was the vandal.
(d) That the family see their usual Saturday night movie.
12. Of what does Hannah reassure Tyler?
(a) That Tyler knows how to spell.
(b) That Tyler does not care enough about football to do something to the field.
(c) That the vandals were from the opposing team.
(d) That she knows he was home the night before.
13. What does Tyler decide he should do?
(a) Leave home.
(b) Take his father's advice and finish school.
(c) Help the police find the culprit and clear his own name.
(d) Ignore the bullies at school and prove his worth.
14. What has someone done to the school's football field?
(b) Decorated it with the school colors.
(c) Defaced it.
(d) Put American flags all around the perimeter.
15. What does Tyler do when he encounters Bethany?
(a) Holds her and lets her cry.
(b) Taunts her.
(d) Pretends he does not see her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tyler not ride with Bethany to the party?
2. Where does Tyler go after the party?
3. What does Hannah think Tyler should do about Bethany?
4. Why is Tyler unhappy when he notices who is at the party?
5. What happens to Tyler's computer?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)