|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler ask his mother to do?
(a) Lend him the car.
(b) Buy him some new clothes.
(c) Take him to Bethany's house.
(d) Lend him some money.
2. What does Tyler do for Bethany between classes ?
(a) Brings her water and snacks.
(b) Clears the way for her through the halls.
(c) Saves her a seat in each of her classes.
(d) Carries her books.
3. What have five JV football players done to Yoda?
(a) Stolen Yoda's clothes while he is in the showers.
(b) Duct-taped Yoda's buttocks together.
(c) Forced Yoda to kiss their naked butts.
(d) Tied Yoda to the flag pole.
4. What prompts Tyler to finally go to bed?
(a) His mother comes in and tells him lights out.
(b) He starts nodding off at his computer.
(c) He can't move past a certain point in his video game.
(d) His father comes in and insists he go to bed.
5. What does Tyler help his mother do?
(a) Pick out a new car.
(b) Figure out a way to hang the Christmas lights that is easier.
(c) Search fo her own photography studio.
(d) Address Christmas cards.
6. What is Tyler's summer job?
(a) Life guard.
(c) Newspaper route.
(d) Working as a guide at a county park.
7. How many games does Hannah have to miss because of her injury?
8. What foul deed has the narrator done?
(a) Smoked on the school grounds.
(b) Sprayed graffiti.
(c) Wrecked a classroom.
(d) Brought illegal drugs to school.
9. At what event does Tyler remember having fun with his father?
(a) Cub Scout Wilderness Weekend.
(b) A stock car race.
(c) Father-son fishing contest.
(d) The zoo when Tyler was six.
10. In Chapter One, where does Tyler see Bethany?
(a) Reading in the library.
(b) Breaking up a fight between Tyler and another student.
(c) Working at a car wash in the school parking lot.
(d) Waiting her turn to talk to the principal.
11. What does Tyler mention to his father about November?
(a) Tyler will be old enough to join the military.
(b) Tyler will have worked at the same job for a year.
(c) Tyler will receive his trust from his grandparents.
(d) Tyler will be 18.
12. What is Hannah's injury?
(a) A broken ankle.
(b) A mild concussion.
(c) A sprained wrist.
(d) A broken femur.
13. What does Tyler's family have to do on Friday evening?
(a) Meet to discuss moving to a larger house.
(b) Go watch Hannah's tennis tournament.
(c) Go to another company gathering.
(d) Have a Christmas photo session.
14. How successful is Tyler in carrying out his fantasy while talking to his father?
(a) Not at all, as he does nothing.
(b) He can't think of what Hannah has done wrong.
(c) He reaches out, but his dad turns in the other direction.
(d) He chokes out a couple words.
15. Why does Tyler's mother reschedule the family's appointment on Friday?
(a) Hannah's outfit is moth eaten.
(b) Tyler wants an outfit that fits.
(c) Hannah is not feeling well.
(d) Tyler's father does not appear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyler do to get back at his father?
2. Why is the narrator doing what he is doing?
3. Why does Tyler have advanced placement (AP) classes?
4. Who is Mr. Benson?
5. In what level of hell does Tyler keep drowning?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)