|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyler do for Bethany between classes ?
(a) Carries her books.
(b) Saves her a seat in each of her classes.
(c) Clears the way for her through the halls.
(d) Brings her water and snacks.
2. Why is Tyler called to the principal's office?
(a) Mr. Hughes heard about the incident in the boy's locker room.
(b) For Mr. Hughes to give him his work assignment for the following weekend.
(c) To discuss the terms of his probabtion.
(d) To tell Tyler that he was right to rescue Yoda.
3. When Hannah is injured, what does Tyler's dad do that surprises Tyler?
(a) He yells at the opposing team's coach.
(b) Panic stricken, he runs out on the field, .
(c) He cries.
(d) He comes to the game to take Hannah to the hospital.
4. What does Tyler wear that is too small for him on Friday evening?
(a) A Santa Claus outfit.
(b) A elf's outfit.
(c) A reindeer sweatshirt.
(d) A tux.
5. What does Tyler do to get back at his father?
(a) Breaks a CD.
(c) Hides his father's favorite cap.
(d) Scratches his father's car with a key.
6. What is the narrator doing at the opening of Chapter One?
(a) Fighting with another student.
(b) Walking home.
(c) Spreading tar on a roof.
(d) Talking to the principal.
7. Why were Tyler's father and grandfather once upset with Tyler at a little league game?
(a) Tyler struck out every time he was at bat in one of the games.
(b) Tyler does not take out the catcher when Tyler's trying to score.
(c) Tyler dropped an easy fly ball in right field.
(d) Tyler does not impede a batter's slide at second base.
8. Why does Tyler put something in the neighbor's garbage can?
(a) As a joke.
(b) In revenge for the neighbor insulting his mother.
(c) So his father won't see it in their own can.
(d) In revenge for the neighbor insulting his sister.
9. What does Tyler allow Chip to do?
(a) Beat Tyler at swimming under water the longest.
(b) Beat Tyler at arm wrestling.
(c) Harass Tyler about his community service.
(d) Beat Tyler at billiards.
10. To what does Hannah compare the school's administration?
(a) English tyranny before the American revolution.
(b) Franch nobility before France's revolution.
11. How many games does Hannah have to miss because of her injury?
12. Why does Yoda become manager of the JV football team?
(a) So he will letter though he is not a jock.
(b) To keep the athletes from bullying him.
(c) To keep from having to take another gym class.
(d) To gain Hannah's attention.
13. In what level of hell does Tyler keep drowning?
14. Why does Tyler's day improve at lunch?
(a) His mother calls and says she'll pick him up to go shopping after school .
(b) He finds a five-dollar bill under one of the tables in the cafeteria.
(c) Bethany sits with him.
(d) They are serving his favorite lunch.
15. In Chapter Two, why is Tyler sad at school?
(a) Hannah does not make the cheerleading squad.
(b) Hannah is taunted and it sets her crying.
(c) Bethany is not at school.
(d) He has a conference with his guidance counselor about college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Tyler's mother done for the Milburys?
2. What is Bethany's relationship to Chip?
3. What is Tyler's summer job?
4. What two things are often on Tyler's mind?
5. What does Mr. Miller want to talk about with Mr. Milbury?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)