|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Tyler's father and grandfather once upset with Tyler at a little league game?
(a) Tyler dropped an easy fly ball in right field.
(b) Tyler does not take out the catcher when Tyler's trying to score.
(c) Tyler struck out every time he was at bat in one of the games.
(d) Tyler does not impede a batter's slide at second base.
2. What is the narrator doing at the opening of Chapter One?
(a) Talking to the principal.
(b) Fighting with another student.
(c) Walking home.
(d) Spreading tar on a roof.
3. Who is Bethany Milbury?
(a) The principal of the school.
(b) Tyler's sister's best friend.
(c) A girl Tyler daydreams about.
(d) Tyler's cousin.
4. How does Tyler apologize to Bethany?
(a) He give her a picture he has drawn of her.
(b) He grovels on the floor.
(c) He recites a three-line poem he wrote for the occasion.
(d) He does not apologize.
5. At what event does Tyler remember having fun with his father?
(a) Father-son fishing contest.
(b) The zoo when Tyler was six.
(c) Cub Scout Wilderness Weekend.
(d) A stock car race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Tyler's mother done for the Milburys?
2. How does Tyler describe his father?
3. What is Tyler's summer job?
4. In Chapter One, where does Tyler see Bethany?
5. What is Tophet?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)