|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Laura writes that she must go Christmas shopping the following day and has no idea what to buy for anyone, she says she wants only one thing for Christmas. What is it?
(a) Her parents to leave her alone.
(b) BOB's disappearance.
(c) A kiss from Bobby.
2. What reason does Bobby give for slamming on his brakes and spinning the truck on the way to the drug dealer's house?
(a) He thought he heard a siren.
(b) He saw an owl in the road.
(c) He thought he saw someone walking and did not want to hit him.
(d) He saw a speed limit sign.
3. When Laura gets nervous around all of the guns inside the drug dealer's house, where does she go?
(a) Into the bathroom to wait.
(b) She walks home.
(c) Out to the garden.
(d) Out to wait in the truck.
4. What is distinctive about the writing in the diary when it is BOB writing, rather than Laura?
(a) The writing is in all capital letters.
(b) The writing is backwards.
(c) The writing is in crayon.
(d) The writing is in cursive.
5. What happens one night when Laura refuses a ride home in order to avoid being seen with Leo or Jacques and walks home through the woods?
(a) She sees a cat get run over by a passing car.
(b) She nearly gets hit by a car while crossing the highway.
(c) She nearly gets hit by a train.
(d) She gets so lost and afraid that she sits down cries until it gets light enough for her to find her way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby call Laura's parents?
2. What is Laura's mom referring to when she tells Laura that this was "the best present she could ask for?" (120)
3. What reason does Laura give for being attracted to Ronnette?
4. When Laura writes that "darkness in sex is okay, as long as it is strange, mysterious darkness," (116) what does she say is the kind of darkness that she does not enjoy?
5. After Leo, Laura, and Bobby speed away from the drug dealer's house amidst a hail of gunfire, what does Laura see that causes her to panic again?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Bobby asks Laura on New Year's Eve if she thinks that cocaine is a problem for her, what is her reply?
2. How do Bobby and Laura spend New Year's Eve of 1987?
3. What is the significance of the first sentence that Johnny speaks aloud?
4. What event inspires Laura to start helping the senior citizens in Twin Peaks?
5. How does Laura feel after the party at which she won a sexual bet and hung around with people ten years older?
6. What is the significance of the list of 40 sets of initials within Laura's diary?
7. What action does Laura finally take when she is desperate to stop her cocaine withdrawals?
8. Discuss the meaning of Laura's poem on page 128 entitled "In the Eyes of the Visitor."
9. How does Laura feel about the way in which she escaped the dangerous situation after being kidnapped by three truckers on the highway?
10. What is the significance of the incident in which Laura runs over a little girl's cat?
This section contains 1,390 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)