|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Laura's dad takes her to a mystery location on her birthday, where do they end up going?
(a) The BOB Petting Zoo.
(b) The Broken Circle Stables.
(c) The Triple K Ranch.
(d) The Horne Farm.
2. Why does Laura choose the name Troy for her pony?
(a) She names him Troy because he is a surprise, just like the Trojan horse in the Helen of Troy myth.
(b) She names him Troy after the pony in Mrs. Larkin's photo book.
(c) She names him Troy because her mom suggests it.
(d) She names him Troy after her cousin Troy.
3. When Laura proclaims that she has realized that BOB's name is a warning in itself, what does she mean?
(a) It is similar to the SOS distress signal.
(b) It means that he is unsinkable.
(c) It could stand for Beware of Bob.
(d) It is in all capital letters like it is being screamed.
4. When Maddy tells Donna and Laura what it is like to have a period, what is NOT one thing she mentions?
5. The Log Lady tells Laura that "sometimes people go camping" (44) and that as a result, they do what?
(a) Don't come back.
(b) Learn things they should not.
(c) Commune with nature.
(d) Get lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Laura's mom tell about Laura at a dinner party that deeply embarrasses Laura and makes her wary of telling her things in the future?
2. What does Laura vow to stop doing in hopes that it will stop BOB from sexually abusing her?
3. When Laura masturbates on her fourteenth birthday and BOB does not appear, Laura says she has won. What has she won?
4. Maddy says that her life at home is fine, except for one thing. What does she say is that one thing?
5. What reason does Laura give when she says she does not think she would make a good mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What method does Laura decide to use in order to drive BOB away and stop the sexual abuse he is inflicting on her?
2. What does the Log Lady tell Laura in their meeting?
3. What prompts Laura to proclaim that she is not sure that the Log Lady had been talking about the right Laura Palmer when she had predicted a happy life?
4. When Maddy tells Laura and Donna what it feels like to kiss with tongues, Laura says the description makes her feel good inside, a feeling that she says is different. Though she cuts herself off from finishing her sentence, what does the reader know she is referring to?
5. When Laura decides to be a better person during Maddy's visit, what does Laura state is her plan for achieving this goal?
6. When Donna and Laura leave the guys by the fire in order to relieve themselves, they get really scared. What are they scared of?
7. What had Donna's and Laura's experience with alcohol been prior to their escapade into the woods with the three Canadian guys and the bottle of gin?
8. What event occurs that results in Laura's meeting with the Log Lady?
9. What is the significance of the moment when Donna finally shares her sexual fantasies with Laura?
10. What is the significance of Laura and Maddy's attempts to block the light coming from the house windows into their fort?
This section contains 1,401 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)