|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Bobby give for slamming on his brakes and spinning the truck on the way to the drug dealer's house?
(a) He saw an owl in the road.
(b) He saw a speed limit sign.
(c) He thought he saw someone walking and did not want to hit him.
(d) He thought he heard a siren.
2. What does Bobby call Laura's parents?
(a) The Fam.
(b) Mom and Dad.
(d) Mr and Mrs. Palmer.
3. What reason does Laura give for being attracted to Ronnette?
(a) She is outspoken and does not care what others think.
(b) Her eyes appear sad, but cold.
(c) She has long, thick brown hair.
(d) She speaks infrequently.
4. What object does Laura notice on the floor of the truck after the cocaine robbery that causes her to hit a cat?
(a) A love note to Bobby from Ronnette.
(b) A copy of Fleshworld magazine.
(c) One of BOB's black gloves.
(d) A lock of Donna's hair.
5. After Laura stops sleeping, how many pounds does she say she has lost since she last slept?
(a) Two and a half.
(b) Three and a half.
(c) Six and a half.
(d) Five and a half.
6. When Laura begins to put on sexual shows for others, what does she say she is thinking about during those shows?
(a) Her mom's worried face.
(b) An audience of a hundred people watching her.
(c) Donna's boyfriend Mike.
(d) BOB's shock.
7. What is distinctive about the sky the night that Leo, Laura, and Bobby go to the drug dealer's house, causing both Laura and Leo to worry that it is a bad omen?
(a) There is no moon.
(b) The clouds resemble menacing animals.
(c) There are no visible stars.
(d) There is a red glow to it.
8. What type of weapon does Bobby bring to the drug dealer's house in case he needs to protect himself?
(a) A knife.
(b) A taser.
(c) A chain.
(d) A pistol.
9. What simile does Laura use to describe her claim that too many lies have entered her?
(a) "Too many lies have entered me, like arrows that pierced my skin" (89).
(b) "Too many lies have entered me, like smoke billowing into a room" (89).
(c) "Too many lies have entered me, like birds settling into a nest" (89).
(d) "Too many lies have entered me, like bullets that made wounds" (89).
10. After Leo, Laura, and Bobby speed away from the drug dealer's house amidst a hail of gunfire, what does Laura see that causes her to panic again?
(a) The road up ahead is closed.
(b) The truck runs out of gas.
(c) Bobby tells her he has forgotten his pistol in the house.
(d) There is a stranger in the bed of the truck fighting with Leo.
11. What social issue gets Laura fired up about volunteering her time for the cause?
(b) Sexual abuse.
(c) Domestic violence.
(d) Elder care.
12. What type of lock does Laura install on her bedroom door?
(a) A chain lock.
(b) A barricade bar.
(c) A deadbolt.
(d) A padlock.
13. Besides being glued to the television, what other reason does Laura give for both Leo and Bobby being unwilling to accompany her to her destination?
(a) They love the "macho thrill of sitting in front of a mountain of cocaine" (95).
(b) They do not "trust each other with that mountain of cocaine" (95).
(c) They "could not be less hungry" (95).
(d) They worry that their "dilated pupils" (95) will give them away.
14. When Laura hears her dad complain to her mom that Laura wants to be alone around the new year, how does Laura's mom reply?
(a) She says Laura does nothing except write in her diary.
(b) She says Laura has not been herself lately.
(c) She says parents are like the plague to teenagers.
(d) She says Laura has painful menstrual cramps.
15. What lie does Bobby tell Laura's parents when he calls her house on the night they go with Leo to the drug dealer's house?
(a) He tells them that Laura is staying the night at Donna's house.
(b) He tells them that Laura is not feeling well and will be home later.
(c) He tells them that he is taking Laura for a surprise dinner.
(d) He tells them that he and Laura are working on a science project together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Laura provide when she writes down that she is now sure that BOB is not real?
2. On New Year's Eve, Bobby tells Laura that he wants them to be together because they like each other and not for what other reason?
3. When it proves too cold for Laura to write her fantasy down in the diary outside, where does she go to write instead?
4. Laura writes in her diary that when BOB used to cut her when she was younger, he would say a specific thing to her when she bled. What was it?
5. When Laura says that she wishes she were younger again when she used to not remember specifics of BOB's abuse, what does she say she HAD been aware of?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)