|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of lock does Laura install on her bedroom door?
(a) A chain lock.
(b) A padlock.
(c) A deadbolt.
(d) A barricade bar.
2. On New Year's Eve, Bobby tells Laura that he wants them to be together because they like each other and not for what other reason?
(a) Because they are lonely.
(b) Because of their deal about Bobby selling cocaine for Leo.
(c) Because people at school expect them to be together.
(d) Because they like having sex.
3. Who helps the elderly, frail woman out of the diner when she is struggling to open the door?
4. What simile does Laura use to describe her claim that too many lies have entered her?
(a) "Too many lies have entered me, like smoke billowing into a room" (89).
(b) "Too many lies have entered me, like arrows that pierced my skin" (89).
(c) "Too many lies have entered me, like birds settling into a nest" (89).
(d) "Too many lies have entered me, like bullets that made wounds" (89).
5. When Laura hears her dad complain to her mom that Laura wants to be alone around the new year, how does Laura's mom reply?
(a) She says Laura has not been herself lately.
(b) She says parents are like the plague to teenagers.
(c) She says Laura does nothing except write in her diary.
(d) She says Laura has painful menstrual cramps.
6. What tactic does Laura try in order to get rid of BOB?
(a) She locks her bedroom window.
(b) She tells her parents.
(c) She calls the police.
(d) She offers to trade for a different victim.
7. In addition to having more money, what reason does Laura give for wanting to get a job that will pay her every two weeks?
(a) Then she will be able to be away from home more often.
(b) Then she will be able to save for college.
(c) Then she will be able to tell her mom that she eats dinner at work.
(d) Then she will be able to save for a car.
8. On the day when Laura has an almost spiritually fulfilling day with Johnny, what do they spend the whole day doing?
(a) They practice archery.
(b) They paint.
(c) They make headdresses out of real feathers.
(d) Laura tells Johnny stories.
9. When it proves too cold for Laura to write her fantasy down in the diary outside, where does she go to write instead?
(a) The Roadhouse Tavern.
(b) The Double R Diner.
(c) The Book House.
(d) Donna's house.
10. What do Bobby and Laura do to celebrate New Year's Eve?
(a) They lie out under the stars with other couples.
(b) They build a bonfire.
(c) They watch the town fireworks display.
(d) They take shots of tequila.
11. When the man who had strangled Laura smiled, whose smile did his smile remind Laura of?
(b) Her dad.
12. When Laura speaks of herself in the third person one time within her diary and addresses her words to BOB, what does she write?
(a) "Laura Palmer believes you are a cheat" (88).
(b) "Laura Palmer hates your stinking guts" (88).
(c) "Laura Palmer won't give in" (88).
(d) "Laura Palmer will win this fight" (88).
13. After Laura stops sleeping, how many pounds does she say she has lost since she last slept?
(a) Five and a half.
(b) Six and a half.
(c) Three and a half.
(d) Two and a half.
14. What does Jacques give Laura for Christmas?
(a) A package of drugs.
(b) A fancy pen.
(c) A love note.
(d) A lingerie set.
15. To what substance does Laura become severely addicted in the spring of 1987?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura mean when she directs her writing to BOB, saying, "I can feel you deciding how and when" (90).
2. When Laura decides to enter the Fantasy of the Month contest held by Fleshworld magazine, what prize does she hope to win?
3. On the day Laura uncharacteristically skips school, what does she do at home all day since her parents are gone at a convention?
4. What is distinctive about the writing in the diary when it is BOB writing, rather than Laura?
5. While Laura reports that she enjoys looking at most pornographic pictures in magazines, there are some she does not like looking at because they contain a certain element. What is that element?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)