|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Laura reports that she and Donna have had several fights as of late, what does she state is the source of their arguments?
(a) Donna says that she does not like Laura's drug use.
(b) Donna says Laura is acting strangely to her and is not being the friend she used to be.
(c) Donna wants Laura to agree to go to the same college as she will, but Laura will not commit.
(d) Donna thinks that Laura is too promiscuous.
2. What does the Log Lady tell Laura about children?
(a) That they grow up too fast.
(b) That they are prey sometimes.
(c) That they are just smaller versions of adults.
(d) That they are not as innocent as they seem.
3. What action does Laura take when she first meets her new pony that shocks Laura's mom?
(a) Laura throws a tantrum because she had wanted a white pony rather than a brown one.
(b) Laura looks underneath the pony to check its gender.
(c) Laura tells her dad that his present is a million times better than the stuffed animals her mom had given her.
(d) Laura bursts into tears.
4. What is the main thing about being grown up that Laura says she is looking forward to the most?
(a) Getting to stay out as long as she wants.
(b) Being the only person who can make her feel good or bad about her actions.
(c) Having the ability to make her own money.
(d) Being the only one in control of how she spends her money.
5. In addition to sandwiches, what two beverages does Laura's mom pack for the girls on the first night of Maddy's visit?
(a) Orange juice and soda.
(b) Hot chocolate and coffee.
(c) Milk and hot chocolate.
(d) Tea and milk.
6. What expression is BOB always wearing when he comes to Laura's bedroom window?
(a) He always looks angry.
(b) He is always scowling.
(c) He always looks hopeful.
(d) He is always smiling.
7. Why do Laura, Donna, and Maddy cover up the light emanating from the house into the fort?
(a) They are telling scary stories and want it to be totally dark.
(b) They agree that it ruins the feeling of being out in the woods alone.
(c) They are worried that it will allow Laura's parents to spy on them in the night.
(d) They think it will interfere with their sleep.
8. When Maddy tells Laura and Donna that she has brought cigarettes with her, what reason does she give for them being stale?
(a) She says that she had hidden them months ago and had forgotten where she had hidden them.
(b) She says that she had found them on the school bus and they were already stale then.
(c) She says that her boyfriend had quit smoking a few months ago and had given his last pack to her.
(d) She says that she has been too scared to smoke them for fear of being caught by her parents.
9. How does Laura feel about the fact that the only people at her birthday party are her mom, her dad, her best friend, and her cat?
(a) She is anxious.
(b) She is disappointed.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is happy.
10. The Log Lady tells Laura that "sometimes people go camping" (44) and that as a result, they do what?
(a) Learn things they should not.
(b) Don't come back.
(c) Commune with nature.
(d) Get lost.
11. What song do Laura, Donna, and Maddy try to sing in the fort while their mouths are full of candy?
(a) Row Row Row Your Boat.
(b) You Are My Sunshine.
(c) Waltzing Matilda.
(d) Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
12. When Laura proclaims that she has realized that BOB's name is a warning in itself, what does she mean?
(a) It is similar to the SOS distress signal.
(b) It means that he is unsinkable.
(c) It is in all capital letters like it is being screamed.
(d) It could stand for Beware of Bob.
13. How does Laura's dream end in a manner disturbing to her the night she has her first orgasm?
(a) BOB comes and tells her that she is dirty.
(b) The boy in her dream climbs inside her and she realizes she is pregnant with him.
(c) The boy in her dream cuts her with a knife.
(d) The girl in her dream laughs at her.
14. How old is Maddy when she comes to visit Laura's family for a week?
15. What knowledge does Laura say BOB has that no one else has?
(a) The ability to please her.
(b) The ability to truly frighten her.
(c) The ability to truly excite her.
(d) The ability to truly anger her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Log Lady tell Laura about owls?
2. What is the main reason during the Christmas vacation of 1985 that Laura is looking forward to school starting again?
3. What is the address that Laura sees in her mind that compels her to go find its location?
4. When Laura gets home, her mother tells her that the Log Lady's husband had died, leaving the Log Lady a widow. How did her husband die?
5. What ominous postscript does Laura add to her very first entry in her new diary?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)