|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through April 21, 1988-October 31, 1989 & Two Undated Entries.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to sandwiches, what two beverages does Laura's mom pack for the girls on the first night of Maddy's visit?
(a) Orange juice and soda.
(b) Tea and milk.
(c) Hot chocolate and coffee.
(d) Milk and hot chocolate.
2. What does Laura say is the worst part of being sober?
(b) Lack of sleep.
(c) Weight gain.
3. What does Laura see immediately after relapsing with cocaine after she agrees to become a sex worker?
(a) Her mom's face in her mind.
(b) Donna kissing Bobby in the department store.
(c) BOB crouching in the corner, smiling victoriously.
(d) Bobby's stricken face since he had heard everything.
4. When Laura writes that "darkness in sex is okay, as long as it is strange, mysterious darkness," (116) what does she say is the kind of darkness that she does not enjoy?
(a) "The darkness of nightmares or dying" (116).
(b) "The darkness of hell or dying" (116).
(c) "The darkness of hell or nightmares or dying or suffering" (116).
(d) "The darkness of hell or nightmares or dying" (116).
5. What song do Laura, Donna, and Maddy try to sing in the fort while their mouths are full of candy?
(a) Waltzing Matilda.
(b) Row Row Row Your Boat.
(c) You Are My Sunshine.
(d) Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
Short Answer Questions
1. In lieu of having her own car at 16 as she had imagined, how does Laura get around?
2. What does Bobby say to Laura that makes her hate him?
3. When Laura tries on Maddy's nice clothes, who does Maddy say Laura resembles?
4. What does Laura give Donna for Christmas?
5. In Harold's apartment, there is a proliferation of a certain object. What is it?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)