|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, 1987-April 10, 1988.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last gift Laura opens on her twelfth birthday?
(a) A stereo.
(b) A doll.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A diary.
2. In addition to sandwiches, what two beverages does Laura's mom pack for the girls on the first night of Maddy's visit?
(a) Orange juice and soda.
(b) Hot chocolate and coffee.
(c) Tea and milk.
(d) Milk and hot chocolate.
3. When Laura begins to put on sexual shows for others, what does she say she is thinking about during those shows?
(a) Her mom's worried face.
(b) Donna's boyfriend Mike.
(c) An audience of a hundred people watching her.
(d) BOB's shock.
4. What simile does Laura use to describe her claim that too many lies have entered her?
(a) "Too many lies have entered me, like smoke billowing into a room" (89).
(b) "Too many lies have entered me, like arrows that pierced my skin" (89).
(c) "Too many lies have entered me, like birds settling into a nest" (89).
(d) "Too many lies have entered me, like bullets that made wounds" (89).
5. What social issue gets Laura fired up about volunteering her time for the cause?
(a) Domestic violence.
(c) Elder care.
(d) Sexual abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song do Laura, Donna, and Maddy try to sing in the fort while their mouths are full of candy?
2. When Laura has a dream about her diary, what happens in the dream?
3. Laura writes in her diary that she knows she loves Bobby, but wonders if she can truly let herself feel those good emotions with getting into trouble with someone. Who is that someone?
4. What does Laura do for her fourteenth birthday?
5. When Laura considers calling the police and having them wait at her house for BOB to show up, why does she decide against it?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)