|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through December 21, 1987-April 10, 1988.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is distinctive about the tree where BOB meets Laura?
(a) There is a rope lying at its base.
(b) It has a double-trunk.
(c) It has BOB's initials carved into it.
(d) It is blackened with disease.
2. While planning how to avoid further nightmares like her biting dream, Laura vows not to let anyone hurt her anymore. Instead, she vows to do what?
(a) To run at the first sign of trouble.
(b) To tell her mom what has been happening to her.
(c) To hurt herself first.
(d) To defend herself.
3. What does the Log Lady tell Laura about children?
(a) That they grow up too fast.
(b) That they are just smaller versions of adults.
(c) That they are prey sometimes.
(d) That they are not as innocent as they seem.
4. What song do Laura, Donna, and Maddy try to sing in the fort while their mouths are full of candy?
(a) Row Row Row Your Boat.
(b) You Are My Sunshine.
(c) Waltzing Matilda.
(d) Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
5. What does Laura do for her fourteenth birthday?
(a) She goes to the Book House for coffee.
(b) She goes to the woods by herself where she usually meets BOB.
(c) She and Donna go to the movies.
(d) She has a big party at her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what substance does Laura become severely addicted in the spring of 1987?
2. On the day of her cousin Maddy's arrival, why does Laura not accompany her father to pick Mandy up from the station?
3. On the day when Laura has an almost spiritually fulfilling day with Johnny, what do they spend the whole day doing?
4. When Laura's dad takes three days off around Christmas and Laura is unable to be alone to use cocaine, what excuse does she finally give so she can be alone?
5. What do Bobby and Laura do to celebrate New Year's Eve?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)