|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 3, 1986-December 16, 1987.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What simile does Laura use to describe her claim that too many lies have entered her?
(a) "Too many lies have entered me, like arrows that pierced my skin" (89).
(b) "Too many lies have entered me, like smoke billowing into a room" (89).
(c) "Too many lies have entered me, like birds settling into a nest" (89).
(d) "Too many lies have entered me, like bullets that made wounds" (89).
2. In what town does Laura live?
(c) Twin Peaks.
3. How does Benjamin Horne, Laura's father's boss, treat Laura?
(a) He is very mean to her.
(b) He berates her for being a bad influence on his daughter Audrey.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He is very attentive to her.
4. What story does Laura's mom tell about Laura at a dinner party that deeply embarrasses Laura and makes her wary of telling her things in the future?
(a) A story about Laura spreading butter all over herself as a young child.
(b) A story about Laura sleepwalking, taking off all of her clothes, and putting her clothes in the oven.
(c) A story about Laura's fear of sand when she was a little girl.
(d) A story about Laura hooting like an owl in her sleep.
5. When BOB tells Laura that she should be thrown into the river, what reason does he give?
(a) Because she is sinful and needs to be baptized.
(b) Because she would be happier living near the sea.
(c) Because she is dirty and needs to be clean.
(d) Because she is a naughty kitten and should be drowned.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maddy tells Donna and Laura what it is like to have a period, what is NOT one thing she mentions?
2. When the man who had strangled Laura smiled, whose smile did his smile remind Laura of?
3. How old are the Canadian males with whom 13-year-old Laura and Donna bathe in the forest stream?
4. How old is Maddy when she comes to visit Laura's family for a week?
5. What does Laura say she would do if she could fly?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)