|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 3, 1986-December 16, 1987.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Laura receive from her mother that makes her feel that she is still being treated like a child?
(b) Costumes for playing dress-up.
(c) Stuffed animals.
(d) A dollhouse.
2. What is distinctive about the sky the night that Leo, Laura, and Bobby go to the drug dealer's house, causing both Laura and Leo to worry that it is a bad omen?
(a) There is a red glow to it.
(b) There is no moon.
(c) The clouds resemble menacing animals.
(d) There are no visible stars.
3. Who runs the Book House?
(a) Benjamin Horne.
(b) Johnny Horne.
(d) Big Jake Morrissey.
4. What reason does Laura give when she says she does not think she would make a good mother?
(a) She says that children remind her of the innocence she has lost.
(b) She says that too many bad things happen to her sometimes at night, referring to the sexual abuse.
(c) She says that she does not like boys but that she considers it necessary for a child to have a father.
(d) She says that she does not like the naïveté of children.
5. How old are the Canadian males with whom 13-year-old Laura and Donna bathe in the forest stream?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one thing Laura says reminds her of cocaine?
2. The Log Lady tells Laura that "sometimes people go camping" (44) and that as a result, they do what?
3. When Laura masturbates on her fourteenth birthday and BOB does not appear, Laura says she has won. What has she won?
4. After Leo, Laura, and Bobby speed away from the drug dealer's house amidst a hail of gunfire, what does Laura see that causes her to panic again?
5. When Laura speaks of herself in the third person one time within her diary and addresses her words to BOB, what does she write?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)