|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July 22, 1984-October 12, 1985.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Donna say when she sees Laura writing about how she will cry forever when her pony dies?
(a) Donna tells Laura that she thinks too many sad thoughts.
(b) Donna tells Laura that she is being ridiculous.
(c) Donna tells Laura that if she had been lucky enough to get a pony, she would not be worrying about its death.
(d) Donna tells Laura that it will be at least twenty years until her pony dies.
2. When Laura tries on Maddy's nice clothes, who does Maddy say Laura resembles?
(c) Laura's mom.
3. How does Benjamin Horne, Laura's father's boss, treat Laura?
(a) He is very attentive to her.
(b) He is very mean to her.
(c) He berates her for being a bad influence on his daughter Audrey.
(d) He ignores her.
4. In addition to sandwiches, what two beverages does Laura's mom pack for the girls on the first night of Maddy's visit?
(a) Tea and milk.
(b) Hot chocolate and coffee.
(c) Milk and hot chocolate.
(d) Orange juice and soda.
5. How does Laura feel about the fact that the only people at her birthday party are her mom, her dad, her best friend, and her cat?
(a) She is disappointed.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is anxious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ominous postscript does Laura add to her very first entry in her new diary?
2. What story does Laura's mom tell about Laura at a dinner party that deeply embarrasses Laura and makes her wary of telling her things in the future?
3. How old is Maddy when she comes to visit Laura's family for a week?
4. When Laura's dad takes her to a mystery location on her birthday, where do they end up going?
5. Laura says she thinks life would be easier if one thing were different about the world. What does she think would make life so much easier?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)