|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through July 22, 1984-October 12, 1985.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laura says that sometimes her bedroom is the best place in the world, but says it is different other times. What does she say about those other times?
(a) That her bedroom feels like a womb that is keeping her from growing up.
(b) That her bedroom feels like a representation of someone else's identity.
(c) That her bedroom feels like a place that is foreign to her.
(d) That her bedroom feels like it is closing in and suffocating her.
2. Maddy says that her life at home is fine, except for one thing. What does she say is that one thing?
(a) Her parents' nosiness.
(b) Her lack of a boyfriend.
(c) The financial pressure her health problems inflict on her family.
(d) Her little sister's invasion of her privacy.
3. Where is Laura's favorite hiding place for secret items she does not want her parents to see?
(a) In the hole in the wall of her closet.
(b) In the hollow of her bedpost.
(c) In the fort in the backyard.
(d) Behind the medicine cabinet in her bathroom.
4. When Maddy tells Donna and Laura what it is like to have a period, what is NOT one thing she mentions?
5. What gift does Laura receive from her mother that makes her feel that she is still being treated like a child?
(a) Costumes for playing dress-up.
(b) Stuffed animals.
(d) A dollhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day of her cousin Maddy's arrival, why does Laura not accompany her father to pick Mandy up from the station?
2. Laura says she thinks life would be easier if one thing were different about the world. What does she think would make life so much easier?
3. What does Laura vow to stop doing in hopes that it will stop BOB from sexually abusing her?
4. What song do Laura, Donna, and Maddy try to sing in the fort while their mouths are full of candy?
5. When Laura tries on Maddy's nice clothes, who does Maddy say Laura resembles?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)