|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 20, 1985-October 1, 1986.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Laura choose the name Troy for her pony?
(a) She names him Troy after the pony in Mrs. Larkin's photo book.
(b) She names him Troy because he is a surprise, just like the Trojan horse in the Helen of Troy myth.
(c) She names him Troy after her cousin Troy.
(d) She names him Troy because her mom suggests it.
2. What song do Laura, Donna, and Maddy try to sing in the fort while their mouths are full of candy?
(a) Row Row Row Your Boat.
(b) Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
(c) You Are My Sunshine.
(d) Waltzing Matilda.
3. What is the main thing about being grown up that Laura says she is looking forward to the most?
(a) Having the ability to make her own money.
(b) Getting to stay out as long as she wants.
(c) Being the only one in control of how she spends her money.
(d) Being the only person who can make her feel good or bad about her actions.
4. Laura says she thinks life would be easier if one thing were different about the world. What does she think would make life so much easier?
(a) If people were all the same.
(b) If people had compassion for one another.
(c) If children could move away from home at age thirteen.
(d) If everyone lived in big cities.
5. How does Benjamin Horne, Laura's father's boss, treat Laura?
(a) He berates her for being a bad influence on his daughter Audrey.
(b) He is very mean to her.
(c) He is very attentive to her.
(d) He ignores her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinctive name does BOB always use when referring to Laura?
2. To whom is Laura referring when she writes, "I think that the times that I have to go into the woods at night have poisoned me?" (55)
3. Laura's dream about the animal wanting to bite off her foot, Laura thinks that her mind is punishing her for what transgression?
4. What does Laura say she would do if she could fly?
5. How old is Maddy when she comes to visit Laura's family for a week?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)