July 22, 1984-October 12, 1985
1. What is the last gift Laura opens on her twelfth birthday?
(a) A stereo.
(b) A doll.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A diary.
2. What gift does Laura receive from her mother that makes her feel that she is still being treated like a child?
(a) A dollhouse.
(b) Stuffed animals.
(d) Costumes for playing dress-up.
3. How does Laura feel about the fact that the only people at her birthday party are her mom, her dad, her best friend, and her cat?
(a) She is anxious.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is disappointed.
4. When Laura's dad takes her to a mystery location on her birthday, where do they end up going?
(a) The BOB Petting Zoo.
(b) The Triple K Ranch.
(c) The Broken Circle Stables.
(d) The Horne Farm.
5. What action does Laura take when she first meets her new pony that shocks Laura's mom?
(a) Laura bursts into tears.
(b) Laura tells her dad that his present is a million times better than the stuffed animals her mom had given her.
(c) Laura throws a tantrum because she had wanted a white pony rather than a brown one.
(d) Laura looks underneath the pony to check its gender.
This section contains 7,548 words
(approx. 26 pages at 300 words per page)