July 22, 1984-October 12, 1985
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Lynch, Jennifer. The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer. Gallery Books, 1990. E-book.
• On July 22, 1984, Laura Palmer begins a diary on her twelfth birthday after it is the last present she has opened.
• She promises to write her most private thoughts and feelings in her diary, addressing the book as if it is a person.
• She says that upon waking up the morning of her birthday, she had found her dad playing a kazoo while wearing a party hat and her mom had decorated the whole house with streamers.
• Donna Hayward is her best friend whose father, Dr. Hayward, delivered Laura 12 years prior.
• Laura expresses that her mom had cried that morning about the fact the Laura had already gotten so grown up.
• She scoffs at her mom's sentiment since she feels like it will...
This section contains 10,845 words
(approx. 37 pages at 300 words per page)