|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
2. How much does the membership at the Beverly Hills Gun Club increase after the riots?
3. What organization does Maxine Waters chair?
4. How does Gladis Sibrian describe the riots?
5. How does Maxine Waters force her ideas onto lawmakers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Briefly explain the concept of riots. What very strong emotions overcome these people who participate in the riots? Is it like an adrenaline rush? How could these people feel when the surge of emotion has passed? Are they resentful, guilty, or is there a secret sense of satisfaction at having expressed violence?
Essay Topic 2
More than a few persons turned to pursuing a cause in the face of the Rodney King trials. Whether it was for the victims or the accused, many people devoted their lives into chasing a dream, or an advocacy. Are these people fanatics, or are all of them specifically passionate about the cause they participate in? Is there a common characteristic to the profile of these people?
Essay Topic 3
Has the book made any difference in society and in people's attitude towards the issues touched on by the book? What difference has it made? Is there a better way of presenting the stories other than what was employed in the book?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)