|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best describes Twilight Bey's beliefs?
2. How does Otis Chandler feel towards improving things around him?
3. What is Elaine Brown's former occupation?
4. What statement do the police give as a reason for Lance's arrest?
5. Where do Paula Weinstein and her husband Mark call a press conference on the day the verdict comes down?
Essay Topic 1
"Choke holds" was a topic that was discussed in the story. One of the theories offered that cases against police officers would increase because of choke holds being eliminated, which would then result in uncontrolled violence among police officers. Is this theory valid? Does it say, then, that the police cannot determine for themselves what is acceptable and what is considered abusive? Are choke holds a limitation, or an opportunity/justification for violence?
Essay Topic 2
Summarize the story of Rodney King: his experiences, his trials, the verdict. What events lead to the eventual big milestone that affects a lot of people? Describe the effects his trial had on his family and on the nation.
Essay Topic 3
Are Maxine Waters' efforts productive and effective? Is there any significant change that can be attributed to her doings? Would there have been a more effective, efficient way for her to pursue the same principles? Is there anything she did wrong, and what are the best practices that can be cited from her advocacy?
This section contains 1,508 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)