|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the female student's parents during the riots?
2. Where do Paula Weinstein and her husband Mark call a press conference on the day the verdict comes down?
3. What statement does Gates give on the reason why he is delayed in getting to where the trouble is?
4. What statement best describes Bill Bradley's stand on the laws of the land?
5. How does Gladis Sibrian describe the riots?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
An anonymous juror from the Simi Valley describes the ordeal he had to go through as a result of his jury duty in the Rodney King trials. What are the drivers for his actions? Is it cowardice? A need to protect his family? What could have been the best solution/compromise for this juror? Is his jury duty worth the changes that happen from the trial?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Big Al's point of view and where his opinions and beliefs are coming from. Is there validity in his opinions? He says that there is nothing new about the Rodney King beating. Is this a sign of bitterness or of acceptance? What stand does he have regarding the Rodney King trials?
Essay Topic 3
Koreans were prominently featured in the Rodney King story. What relevance do Koreans have that the other races in the neighborhood do not have? Is there something particular about them that is not present in the other races? Do Koreans play an important role in the Rodney King story, which prompted the author to feature them more than any other race?
This section contains 1,516 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)