Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gun does Owen Smet start people out with?
2. What comparison does Peter Sellars make about the United States and his father?
3. Which statement best describes Mrs. Young-soon Han's feelings?
4. What do people tell Gladis Sibrian while she is growing up?
5. According to Elaine Young, how long do people stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel?
"Choke holds" was a topic that was discussed in the story. One of the theories offered that cases against police officers would increase because of choke holds being eliminated, which would then result in uncontrolled violence among police officers. Is this theory valid? Does it say, then, that the police cannot determine for themselves what is acceptable and what is considered abusive? Are choke holds a limitation, or an opportunity/justification for violence?
Has the book made any difference in society and in people's attitude towards the issues touched on by the book? What difference has it made? Is there a better way of presenting the stories other than what was employed in the book?
Explain Big Al's point of view and where his opinions and beliefs are coming from. Is there validity in his opinions? He says that there is nothing new about the Rodney King beating. Is this a sign of bitterness or of acceptance? What stand does he have regarding the Rodney King trials?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)