|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement best describes Bill Bradley's stand on the laws of the land?
2. What does Betye's companion think about the verdict?
3. Which organization does Gladis Sibrian work for?
4. What statement do the police give as a reason for Lance's arrest?
5. How many SWAT teams are sent to arrest Lance Parker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Has the book made any difference in society and in people's attitude towards the issues touched on by the book? What difference has it made? Is there a better way of presenting the stories other than what was employed in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Briefly explain the concept of riots. What very strong emotions overcome these people who participate in the riots? Is it like an adrenaline rush? How could these people feel when the surge of emotion has passed? Are they resentful, guilty, or is there a secret sense of satisfaction at having expressed violence?
Essay Topic 3
Summarize the story of Rodney King: his experiences, his trials, the verdict. What events lead to the eventual big milestone that affects a lot of people? Describe the effects his trial had on his family and on the nation.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)