Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gun does Owen Smet start people out with?
2. What comparison does Peter Sellars make about the United States and his father?
3. Which statement best describes Mrs. Young-soon Han's feelings?
4. What do people tell Gladis Sibrian while she is growing up?
5. According to Elaine Young, how long do people stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel?
In the story, people have differing views on how to cope with violence and police abuse. Some spouses counter violence, while some turn towards a certain advocacy or cause. Is a certain methodology employed by a specific group or sector? For the student, which group or sector coped better, and using what method? What is the definition of "better"?
Racism can be felt by anyone, colored or not. Is there any similarity between the discrimination a white person feels towards a colored one in a situation such as the one claimed by the African-American characters in the book, and vice versa, such as the one Rudy Salas, Jr. claims he receives? What are the similarities and differences between the two kinds of discrimination? Are the effects the same, to the person and to those he or she discriminates against?
Has the book made any difference in society and in people's attitude towards the issues touched on by the book? What difference has it made? Is there a better way of presenting the stories other than what was employed in the book?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)