|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Elaine Brown, where should people base their commitment if they want real change in society?
2. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
3. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
4. Where else does Elaine Young go to because she does not want to be alone?
5. What is the young female student from the University of Southern California afraid of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Are Maxine Waters' efforts productive and effective? Is there any significant change that can be attributed to her doings? Would there have been a more effective, efficient way for her to pursue the same principles? Is there anything she did wrong, and what are the best practices that can be cited from her advocacy?
Essay Topic 2
Some parts of the story seem to indicate that there is a certain level of acceptance and adaptation to police abuse. Is this a natural mechanism for man to adapt to something over time, even though he may not like it? Can a society survive in such a predator-prey type of environment?
Essay Topic 3
Is Rodney King responsible for the events that happened to him? Or are the events something that would have happened to him, no matter how cautious, nondescript, and submissive he was? What could he have done differently to change the course of his life?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)