|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Otis Chandler's occupation?
2. According to Elaine Brown, where should people base their commitment if they want real change in society?
3. Where are the female student's parents during the riots?
4. What particular case is Bill Bradley upset about?
5. How are Gladis Sibrian and her friends described by other people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Big Al's point of view and where his opinions and beliefs are coming from. Is there validity in his opinions? He says that there is nothing new about the Rodney King beating. Is this a sign of bitterness or of acceptance? What stand does he have regarding the Rodney King trials?
Essay Topic 2
Koreans were prominently featured in the Rodney King story. What relevance do Koreans have that the other races in the neighborhood do not have? Is there something particular about them that is not present in the other races? Do Koreans play an important role in the Rodney King story, which prompted the author to feature them more than any other race?
Essay Topic 3
Elvira Evers has a very interesting story about how her baby came to be born. How does the book paint Elvira Evers based on the descriptions and the situations cited? Is she religious, bitter, or brave? What can be deduced of Elvira Evers' personality based on the book?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)