|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement best describes Bill Bradley's stand on the laws of the land?
(a) He does not like discussing the laws and people.
(b) He acknowledges that the law treats different people in different ways.
(c) He is outraged that someone should suggest differences in the treatment of people.
(d) He does not acknowledge that the law treats different people in different ways.
2. What particular word does Paula Weinstein use in her press release that is objected to by the entertainment industry people?
3. What issues does Maxine Waters confront the President about?
(a) Lack of housing programs.
(b) Unemployment, hopelessness, and despair.
(c) Insufficient educational budget.
(d) Addiction and crime.
4. What statement does Gates give on the reason why he is delayed in getting to where the trouble is?
(a) He ran out of gas.
(b) He had a hard time leaving the meeting and getting away.
(c) He couldn't find a cab to take him to where the riots were.
(d) Traffic was terrible, and he couldn't find an alternate route.
5. Who is Harland W. Braun defending in the Rodney King trial?
(a) Lance Parker.
(b) Chris Oh.
(c) Reginald Denny.
(d) Theodore Briseno.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Young-soon Han realize after the riots?
2. What do people tell Gladis Sibrian while she is growing up?
3. How popular is Daryl Gates at the time of the riots?
4. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
5. What is the female student thinking of at the time of the riots?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)