|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the young female student from the University of Southern California afraid of?
(a) That her parents might not be able to flee their house.
(b) That she might get trapped in the campus.
(c) That they might try to attack the sorority and fraternity houses on campus.
(d) That she might get raped by them.
2. When Dean Gilmour is starting his investigation, how many deaths does he think there are?
3. What statement best describes Bill Bradley's stand on the laws of the land?
(a) He acknowledges that the law treats different people in different ways.
(b) He does not acknowledge that the law treats different people in different ways.
(c) He is outraged that someone should suggest differences in the treatment of people.
(d) He does not like discussing the laws and people.
4. According to Hami Bhabha, what are the people trying to understand?
(a) The calm among government officials.
(b) The ambivalence of what happened in Los Angeles.
(c) The serenity of the riots.
(d) The complete control of the police force over the rioters.
5. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
(a) He was at a fundraiser when in fact he was in a meeting about Proposition F.
(b) He was reading a story to preschoolers when in fact he was at home.
(c) He was in church when in fact he was at home.
(d) He was in a meeting with other policemen when in fact he was at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elaine Brown's former occupation?
2. What is Otis Chandler's occupation?
3. What is Hami Bhabha's occupation?
4. According to Elaine Brown, where should people base their commitment if they want real change in society?
5. Who is Harland W. Braun defending in the Rodney King trial?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)