|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Do Koreans receive welfare or food stamps?
(a) Not all the time.
(c) When it's raining hard.
2. What is Elaine Brown's former occupation?
(a) Head of the Revenge Party.
(b) Head of the Black People's Party.
(c) Head of the Panthera Party.
(d) Head of the Black Panther Party.
3. What question does Braun pose in relation to the Rodney King trial?
(a) Why did they beat Reginald Denny?
(b) Who are Powell and Koon?
(c) Is it the quest for truth or is the society protecting itself?
(d) Where are Laurie and Tina?
4. What particular case is Bill Bradley upset about?
(a) An intern punched a partner in the face and nothing was reported.
(b) A friend from a big LA law firm was molested and the law firm did not complain.
(c) A lawyer punched an intern and the intern just kept quiet.
(d) A law firm was sued by the LA police officers.
5. According to Hami Bhabha, what are the people trying to understand?
(a) The serenity of the riots.
(b) The ambivalence of what happened in Los Angeles.
(c) The complete control of the police force over the rioters.
(d) The calm among government officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
2. What does Braun think Pontius Pilate is doing?
3. What complaint does Reverend Tom Choi hear about Koreans, Americans, and blacks?
4. How does Betye Saar describe the look of the sky that night when the riots began?
5. How does Mrs. Young-coon Han describe America before the riots?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)