|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Betye Saar on the day the verdict is handed out?
(a) Her friend Tony.
(b) Her brother Buster.
(c) Her student Darby.
(d) Her sister Roo.
2. Why is Betye Saar surprised when they get to the restaurant?
(a) There is nothing unusual observed by Betye Saar on that day.
(b) There was Oprah Winfrey in the restaurant.
(c) No one knew about the verdict yet.
(d) They saw crowds of people in the streets.
3. What is a "deadeye"?
(a) A very good assistant in the field.
(b) A very good gun cleaner.
(c) A very good range manager.
(d) A very good shooter.
4. What statement does Bill Bradley make about the Rodney King beating?
(a) It has nothing to do with him.
(b) It was a violation of human rights and should be totally penalized.
(c) It was so unusual that a law has to be passed addressing it.
(d) It was nothing new.
5. How does real estate agent Elaine Young come to be in the Beverly Hills Hotel on the day of the verdict?
(a) She saw a nice jewelry on display and decided to come in.
(b) She was just passing by and was pushed by the crowds.
(c) Her date canceled and she did not want to be alone at home.
(d) She met another real estate agent who wanted to hire her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
2. What is Owen Smet's past occupation?
3. According to Betye Saar, how do some people view magic?
4. Which African-American character does Mrs. Young-soon Han hate?
5. Where do Paula Weinstein and her husband Mark call a press conference on the day the verdict comes down?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)