|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Betye's companion think about the verdict?
(a) He thought that an acquittal is a career suicide for the judge.
(b) He thought that the verdict was unbelievable.
(c) He thought that an acquittal is a given.
(d) He thought that there will be trouble because of the acquittal.
2. How does Gladis Sibrian describe the riots?
(d) Social explosion.
3. What do the police officers tell Braun's son in an encounter?
(a) They will put a screw through his chest if he did not shut up.
(b) They will kill him if he did not shut up.
(c) They will kill his dad if he did not shut up.
(d) They will find a way to hunt him down.
4. Who is with Betye Saar on the day the verdict is handed out?
(a) Her student Darby.
(b) Her brother Buster.
(c) Her sister Roo.
(d) Her friend Tony.
5. How does Mrs. Young-coon Han describe America before the riots?
(a) "A nightmare".
(b) "The worst".
(c) "The best".
(d) "A dream come true".
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best describes Mrs. Young-soon Han's feelings?
2. Do Koreans receive welfare or food stamps?
3. How does Otis Chandler feel towards improving things around him?
4. How does Twilight Bey describe himself?
5. According to Elaine Brown, where should people base their commitment if they want real change in society?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)