|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Betye's companion think about the verdict?
(a) He thought that an acquittal is a given.
(b) He thought that the verdict was unbelievable.
(c) He thought that there will be trouble because of the acquittal.
(d) He thought that an acquittal is a career suicide for the judge.
2. Do Koreans receive welfare or food stamps?
(a) When it's raining hard.
(b) Not all the time.
3. How does Gladis Sibrian describe the riots?
(a) Social explosion.
4. What is Hami Bhabha's occupation?
(c) Movie producer.
(d) Writer, scholar, and literary critic.
5. What issues does Maxine Waters confront the President about?
(a) Insufficient educational budget.
(b) Unemployment, hopelessness, and despair.
(c) Addiction and crime.
(d) Lack of housing programs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Young-soon Han realize after the riots?
2. What is a "deadeye"?
3. What statement do the police give as a reason for Lance's arrest?
4. What book does Elaine Brown author?
5. What do the police officers tell Braun's son in an encounter?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)