|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tax is Otis Chandler proposing to help raise the money for the community?
(a) Parking tax.
(b) Cigarette tax.
(c) Reading tax.
(d) Sales or gasoline tax.
2. Who is Harland W. Braun defending in the Rodney King trial?
(a) Theodore Briseno.
(b) Chris Oh.
(c) Reginald Denny.
(d) Lance Parker.
3. How does Otis Chandler feel towards improving things around him?
(a) Things can only be improved by throwing money around.
(b) He does not make any statement about the issue.
(c) Things are hopeless now no matter how much money there is.
(d) Things are not hopeless nor can everything be improved by throwing money around.
4. What particular case is Bill Bradley upset about?
(a) An intern punched a partner in the face and nothing was reported.
(b) A law firm was sued by the LA police officers.
(c) A friend from a big LA law firm was molested and the law firm did not complain.
(d) A lawyer punched an intern and the intern just kept quiet.
5. What statement does Bill Bradley make about corporations and institutions?
(a) Corporations and institutions should donate more towards charitable causes.
(b) He does not make any statements about corporations and institutions.
(c) The moral power of corporations and institutions has to be brought to bear when colored people are treated unjustly.
(d) Corporations and institutions are doing their social obligations to the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Paul Parker make about the LAPD's efforts to find and arrest the people responsible for Reginald Denny's beating?
2. How popular is Daryl Gates at the time of the riots?
3. What comparison does Peter Sellars make about the United States and his father?
4. According to Peter Sellars, what is the one thing that his father cares about?
5. Which African-American character does Mrs. Young-soon Han hate?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)