|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident does Big Al describe in which he realizes that the conditions in which he lives are so dangerous that everyone must be qualified to carry firearms?
(a) A man with his baby walked into a gun store and bought a gun while the baby looked on.
(b) A man at a bubble gum machine pulled a gun on him once.
(c) A man with a gun used it to buy bubble gums.
(d) He saw a six-year old child carrying a real gun.
2. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) Tiny's funeral.
(b) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
(c) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(d) Allison's speech.
3. According to Katie Miller, who does the looting in the Korean stores?
(d) White Americans.
4. What is the vision in the early 1960s, according to Mike Davis?
(a) Black kids should be given special treatment.
(b) Black kids should be separated from white kids.
(c) Black kids can be surfers, too.
(d) Black kids should be given twice the challenges that white kids endure.
5. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(b) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(c) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(d) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reassurance does the police officer give to the jurors on the bus whom he is escorting to the courthouse?
2. According to Chris Oh, what happens at the time Walter Park is shot?
3. How does Mrs. Park describe her ordeal during Mr. Park's hospitalization?
4. What are "choke holds"?
5. According to Mrs. Park, how do the police come to know Mr. Park in the Compton area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a "deadeye"? Is Owen Smet a deadeye? Briefly discuss his collection of guns.
2. Explain Cornel West's theory on gangsterism.
3. Describe the way Reginald Denny feels about everything that happened to him. What does he remember the most about all of his ordeals?
4. Describe Joe Viola's experience on the day of the riots. What does he feel and how does he behave during the riots?
5. How does the Hollywood agent feel when the verdict comes out? How does he describe the scenes he witnesses?
6. Explain Hami Bhabha's theory on twilight.
7. Describe Elaine Young's experience during the riots. Why does she frequent the hotel lounges?
8. Describe Richard Kim's story. How is he affected by the riots and how does he behave during the ordeal?
9. Describe Katie Miller's stand on the looting and the looters in general.
10. Describe the changes that took place in the Beverly Hills Gun Club after the riots.
This section contains 1,514 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)