|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day of the verdict, how many versions does Tom Bradley prepare for his statement to the press?
2. To what movie does the anonymous Hollywood agent compare the scene he sees in the garage with many people running?
(b) Terminator 2.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) The Day After Tomorrow.
3. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
(a) That there is poetic justice in shooting someone in broad daylight.
(b) That most people will run away scared immediately instead of taking time to identify the shooter.
(c) He doesn't offer any belief or idea whatsoever on the topic.
(d) That under no circumstances should he shoot someone in broad daylight.
4. What happens when Captain Lane Haywood gets up on the roof to handle the fire better?
(a) Some of the rioters stop him from coming down.
(b) It suddenly rains.
(c) The roof collapses and he becomes trapped in the fire.
(d) He finds himself and his men targets of the gunfire.
5. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
(b) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
(c) He was going to get their kids.
(d) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
2. What action plan do the upper middle class in the Beverly Hills restaurant talk about in relation to the riots?
3. What particular incident makes Viola go into shock?
4. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
5. According to Chris Oh, how is his father shot, based on the story he hears?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain the Anonymous Man's dangerous idea of an intimidation technique. What does he do to support this idea? What is the effect of this technique to his rival gangs?
2. Jason Sanford believes that he would not have been beaten down if he went out on the streets after the Rodney King verdict because of how he looks. Give a possible description of Jason Sanford's looks, which makes him quite likable by the police.
3. Describe the way Reginald Denny feels about everything that happened to him. What does he remember the most about all of his ordeals?
4. How does the Hollywood agent feel when the verdict comes out? How does he describe the scenes he witnesses?
5. Describe Stanley K. Sheinbaum's observations on the day the verdict was given.
6. Describe the thoughts running through the head of one particular female student from the University of Southern California.
7. Describe Walter Park's story and how the section was named "Kinda Lovely". Is it appropriate for the story being told at any give time?
8. What is Bill Bradley disappointed about? How does he illustrate the source of his disappointment?
9. Who is Gladis Sibrian? How do people react to her efforts?
10. What does "lightning but no rain" refer to?
This section contains 1,567 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)