|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which exclusive store is not frequented by many people because the prices are just too high?
2. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
(a) It enables a person to distinguish colors.
(b) It is where learning skills and a person's basic characteristics are.
(c) It lets a person smell.
(d) It pumps blood from the heart to the brain.
3. According to Reginald Denny, why do people become upset whenever he gets his truck off the freeway?
(a) His truck is a very noisy truck.
(b) He drives like a madman.
(c) He honks his horn very loudly whenever he makes a turn.
(d) He takes up a lot of space when turning because his truck is so big.
4. While confined in the hospital on morphine, Reginald Denny remembers some characters coming to see him. Who are they?
(a) Tyra Banks and Eddie Murphy.
(b) Oprah Winfrey and Will Smith.
(c) Denzel Washington and Lawrence Martin.
(d) Reverend Jesse Jackson and Arsenio Hall.
5. What image does Anonymous Man project when he moves to the valley?
(a) A one-man army that did not need any homeboys.
(b) A very wealthy gang member.
(c) An image of someone who is at close ties with the police.
(d) An image of being a nobody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Haywood make about the women he sees in the riots and the fire?
2. What statement does the anonymous juror from Simi Valley make about his involvement in the Rodney King trial?
3. According to Chris Oh, how is his father shot, based on the story he hears?
4. How does Elvira Evers describe the looting that goes on after the Rodney King verdict?
5. To what movie does the anonymous Hollywood agent compare the scene he sees in the garage with many people running?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Betye Saar describe the surroundings on the night of the verdict?
2. How does Gladis Sibrian look at the riots that happened after the Rodney King trial?
3. What does "lightning but no rain" refer to?
4. Describe Josie Morales' participation in the Rodney King story. How does she come to witness the beating and what is her story about it? Describe her efforts in becoming a part of the trial, and describe the results of her efforts.
5. What is Bill Bradley's stand on race relations in the United States?
6. Describe the changes that took place in the Beverly Hills Gun Club after the riots.
7. Describe the sense of mission and community after the Watts riot, as narrated by Otis Chandler. What happens to it eventually? How does it relate to the Rodney King trials?
8. What is a "deadeye"? Is Owen Smet a deadeye? Briefly discuss his collection of guns.
9. How does Mike Davis describe the changes he has seen in California since his childhood? How are these changes connected to the youth in general?
10. Describe Elaine Young's experience during the riots. Why does she frequent the hotel lounges?
This section contains 1,470 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)