|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chris Oh's occupation?
(a) A cashier.
(b) A translator.
(c) A medical student.
(d) A registered nurse.
2. Who shoots Walter Park, according to the African-American woman in the car behind him?
(a) An African-American.
(b) A Mexican.
(c) An Asian.
(d) A Korean.
3. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
(a) He says that he would rather consult a crystal ball than listen to a police officer.
(b) The environment of fear created by the acts of the police have raised the credibility of the force.
(c) The current environment of fear has made the credibility of the police somewhat more questionable.
(d) The beatings featured in the news has even intensified the police's credibility.
4. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
(a) The police like to make killings look like drive-by shootings.
(b) The police don't like killing at all.
(c) The police like to make killings in a very discreet manner.
(d) She does not say anything about the subject.
5. According to Katie Miller, who does the looting in the Korean stores?
(a) White Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
2. According to Chris Oh, what happens at the time Walter Park is shot?
3. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
4. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
5. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Big Al's stand on the events surrounding Reginald Denny's beating.
2. What does "execution style" refer to? How is it significant in the story?
3. Describe the sense of mission and community after the Watts riot, as narrated by Otis Chandler. What happens to it eventually? How does it relate to the Rodney King trials?
4. Describe Katie Miller's stand on the looting and the looters in general.
5. How does Angela King come to be the speaker for the King family? What sustains her passion in her fight for justice?
6. Describe the story of the anonymous juror from the Simi Valley. How is his life affected by the trials?
7. Explain Cornel West's theory on gangsterism.
8. Explain what the "Badge of Courage" is and its relevance in the Rodney King story.
9. Describe Richard Kim's story. How is he affected by the riots and how does he behave during the ordeal?
10. Describe Peter Sellars' comparison of his father and the United States. How are they alike, according to him?
This section contains 1,523 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)