|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) That he might have been beaten terribly.
(b) That he probably would not have been beaten because of how he looks.
(c) That he might be stoned.
(d) That he would have been called in for questioning by the police.
2. Who is Chung Lee?
(a) The chief of police for the Korean community in the area.
(b) The dead man who fell in the tall building.
(c) The president of the Korean-American Victims Association.
(d) A passerby who witnessed the beating of Rodney King.
3. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
(a) During a riot, one of the policemen hit him in the eye with a flashlight.
(b) In one of the riots he attended, there was a stray bullet which hit him on the left eye.
(c) He was frying pancakes one time and the sizzling butter zinged his right eye.
(d) Michael Zinzun is not at all blind in one eye.
4. To what movie does the anonymous Hollywood agent compare the scene he sees in the garage with many people running?
(b) The Day After Tomorrow.
(c) Terminator 2.
(d) Independence Day.
5. What does Denny plan to put up in his own house someday to remember the people who have saved him?
(a) A painting of Rodney King.
(b) A room dedicated to the riots.
(c) A picture mosaic of the images of the riot.
(d) A painting of the scene of the riots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Josie Morales' husband want to go inside and stop watching?
2. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
3. In what state is Walter Park in while he is being interviewed?
4. On the day of the verdict, how many versions does Tom Bradley prepare for his statement to the press?
5. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John, Murika, and Judith Tur's stories in relation to the beatings. What do they witness and how do they feel about the events they have witnessed?
2. Why does Twilight Bey stay up all night? Why do people call him "twilight"?
3. How does Mrs. Young-soon Han describe the injustices suffered by the Korean immigrants?
4. Discuss Twilight Bey's observations during the night.
5. What is a "deadeye"? Is Owen Smet a deadeye? Briefly discuss his collection of guns.
6. Describe Joe Viola's experience on the day of the riots. What does he feel and how does he behave during the riots?
7. Describe the Reverend Tom Choi's experience during his ministry at the Westwood Presbyterian Church. What does he discover for himself?
8. Describe Richard Kim's story. How is he affected by the riots and how does he behave during the ordeal?
9. How does Otis Chandler look at money as an instrument for change?
10. Describe why Harland W. Braun was reluctant to take on the case of defending Theodore Briseno, a defendant in the Rodney King trial.
This section contains 1,519 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)