|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Haywood make about the women he sees in the riots and the fire?
(a) They all looked frail and fragile and it was unfortunate that they were caught up in the riots.
(b) He saw how gentle the female species were.
(c) He felt an urgent need to protect the women he saw.
(d) He has never seen such hostility in females as he saw that day.
2. Who shoots Walter Park, according to the African-American woman in the car behind him?
(a) A Korean.
(b) An Asian.
(c) A Mexican.
(d) An African-American.
3. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
(a) He silences the crowd inside the courtroom because of the raw power he exudes.
(b) He seems to be surrounded by a kind of magic brought about by the respect people have for members of the police force.
(c) He makes people stay away from courtrooms.
(d) He always brings about riot in the courtroom because of the passionate feelings the public has towards policemen in general.
4. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to get their kids.
(b) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
(c) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
(d) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
5. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
(a) There were no police to be found when the looting of their applicance store started.
(b) The police ignored them because they were playing a game of poker.
(c) The police asked for money before assisting them.
(d) The police quickly helped them, which prevented their store from being looted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
2. While confined in the hospital on morphine, Reginald Denny remembers some characters coming to see him. Who are they?
3. How does Mrs. Park describe her ordeal during Mr. Park's hospitalization?
4. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
5. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Cornel West's theory on gangsterism.
2. Tom Bradley prepared four different messages for possible release to the media. Speculate on these four messages. What could these messages be and what scenario is the particular message for?
3. Describe the way Reginald Denny feels about everything that happened to him. What does he remember the most about all of his ordeals?
4. Describe Peter Sellars' comparison of his father and the United States. How are they alike, according to him?
5. What is a "Jungian Collective Unconscious"? Where is this discovered?
6. Describe Josie Morales' participation in the Rodney King story. How does she come to witness the beating and what is her story about it? Describe her efforts in becoming a part of the trial, and describe the results of her efforts.
7. How does Mrs. Young-soon Han describe the injustices suffered by the Korean immigrants?
8. Describe Paul Parker's crusade. What drives him to pursue this crusade?
9. Describe John, Murika, and Judith Tur's stories in relation to the beatings. What do they witness and how do they feel about the events they have witnessed?
10. Describe the changes that took place in the Beverly Hills Gun Club after the riots.
This section contains 1,766 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)