|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chris Oh, what happens at the time Walter Park is shot?
(a) He pressed down on his car's accelerator and ran into a telephone pole.
(b) He was talking to somebody on the phone when he hit a telephone pole.
(c) He stepped on the accelerator and ran down a kid.
(d) He was unable to stop his car and bumped his head on the windshield.
2. What is Proposition F?
(a) A policy prohibiting riots to take place on weekdays.
(b) An effort to limit the police chief's term to five years.
(c) A resolution preventing African-Americans from driving luxury cars.
(d) A legislation which aims to appoint African-Americans as chief of police.
3. Who shoots Walter Park, according to the African-American woman in the car behind him?
(a) An Asian.
(b) A Mexican.
(c) A Korean.
(d) An African-American.
4. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
(a) Officer Powell was not using his polce baton effectively.
(b) Officer Powell is an expert at the use of police baton.
(c) Officer Powell shouldn't have been allowed to use the police baton at all.
(d) The police baton Officer Powell was using was substandard and therefore offered no force.
5. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
(a) The current environment of fear has made the credibility of the police somewhat more questionable.
(b) The beatings featured in the news has even intensified the police's credibility.
(c) He says that he would rather consult a crystal ball than listen to a police officer.
(d) The environment of fear created by the acts of the police have raised the credibility of the force.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
2. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
3. According to Chris Oh, how is his father shot, based on the story he hears?
4. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
5. What statement does Judith Tur make about white people and their anger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the thoughts running through the head of one particular female student from the University of Southern California.
2. Describe Stanley K. Sheinbaum's observations on the day the verdict was given.
3. What is Bill Bradley disappointed about? How does he illustrate the source of his disappointment?
4. How does the Hollywood agent feel when the verdict comes out? How does he describe the scenes he witnesses?
5. Describe Dean Gilmour's investigations on the deaths that occurred at the time of the riots. What are the results of his investigations?
6. Describe the Reverend Tom Choi's experience during his ministry at the Westwood Presbyterian Church. What does he discover for himself?
7. Describe Maxine Waters' unconventional methods of being heard that caused discomfort in other politicians. What are the results of her efforts?
8. Describe Big Al's stand on the events surrounding Reginald Denny's beating.
9. Briefly explain the Anonymous Man's dangerous idea of an intimidation technique. What does he do to support this idea? What is the effect of this technique to his rival gangs?
10. How does Mike Davis describe the changes he has seen in California since his childhood? How are these changes connected to the youth in general?
This section contains 1,724 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)