|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chris Oh's occupation?
(a) A translator.
(b) A registered nurse.
(c) A cashier.
(d) A medical student.
2. At the time when the Hollywood agent is dining in one of the Beverly Hills restaurants, what building is burned, which leads to even more fear among the people?
(a) The Beverly Center.
(b) The Beverly Stadium.
(c) The Beverly Hills Hotel.
(d) The Kodak Theater.
3. What reason does Katie Miller give to explain why Korean stores are burned in black neighborhoods?
(a) Koreans were really a snob race.
(b) Blacks were not allowed inside the stores.
(c) Koreans never tried to get to know the people that came into the stores.
(d) The prices in the stores were higher for blacks than for Koreans.
4. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
(a) A black cat.
(b) A rock.
(c) A car.
(d) A dead man.
5. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
(a) She does not show any emotion.
(b) She cries.
(c) She raises her voice in anger.
(d) She curses all the policemen in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Josie Morales' husband want to go inside and stop watching?
2. Why is Josie Morales never called to testify for the trial of Rodney King?
3. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
4. What are "choke holds"?
5. Who are the "curious people"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Young-soon Han describe the injustices suffered by the Korean immigrants?
2. Describe John, Murika, and Judith Tur's stories in relation to the beatings. What do they witness and how do they feel about the events they have witnessed?
3. Describe Peter Sellars' comparison of his father and the United States. How are they alike, according to him?
4. Describe Maxine Waters' reactions to the riots. What does she do, what statements does she give out, and what is her stand in general?
5. Describe Josie Morales' participation in the Rodney King story. How does she come to witness the beating and what is her story about it? Describe her efforts in becoming a part of the trial, and describe the results of her efforts.
6. How does the Hollywood agent feel when the verdict comes out? How does he describe the scenes he witnesses?
7. How does Gladis Sibrian look at the riots that happened after the Rodney King trial?
8. Describe the Reverend Tom Choi's experience during his ministry at the Westwood Presbyterian Church. What does he discover for himself?
9. Describe how Sergeant Charles Duke feels about the use of physical force by police officers.
10. Tom Bradley prepared four different messages for possible release to the media. Speculate on these four messages. What could these messages be and what scenario is the particular message for?
This section contains 1,719 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)