|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Captain Lane Haywood gets up on the roof to handle the fire better?
(a) It suddenly rains.
(b) Some of the rioters stop him from coming down.
(c) He finds himself and his men targets of the gunfire.
(d) The roof collapses and he becomes trapped in the fire.
2. Who is Chung Lee?
(a) The chief of police for the Korean community in the area.
(b) The dead man who fell in the tall building.
(c) A passerby who witnessed the beating of Rodney King.
(d) The president of the Korean-American Victims Association.
3. To what movie does the anonymous Hollywood agent compare the scene he sees in the garage with many people running?
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Terminator 2.
(d) The Day After Tomorrow.
4. What happens to Chung Lee and to his family the day the Rodney King verdicts are announced?
(a) They were mobbed by the angry supporters of Rodney King.
(b) They had to wait in line for food rations.
(c) Their store was completely looted and later burned.
(d) They were forced to give up their money for the people who were rioting outside their store.
5. According to Big Al, what could Denny have been trying to do by driving his truck down a residential street?
(a) Showing off his truck.
(b) Intimidating the neighborhood.
(c) He was looking for someone to beat.
(d) Making friends with his neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
2. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
3. How does Elvira Evers describe the looting that goes on after the Rodney King verdict?
4. On the day of the verdict, how many versions does Tom Bradley prepare for his statement to the press?
5. Why does Josie Morales keep watching the beating of Rodney King from her apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly explain Rudy Salas, Sr.'s hatred of white police. Where does it come from and what continuously fuels it?
2. Describe Elvira Evers' story. How is she affected by the events surrounding the Rodney King trial?
3. What is a "Jungian Collective Unconscious"? Where is this discovered?
4. Briefly explain Gil Garcetti's theory about the magic that surrounds police officers.
5. How does Angela King come to be the speaker for the King family? What sustains her passion in her fight for justice?
6. What does Chris Oh say about his father's condition? How does he feel?
7. Describe Richard Kim's story. How is he affected by the riots and how does he behave during the ordeal?
8. How can twilight be used, according to Hami Bhabha?
9. Discuss Twilight Bey's observations during the night.
10. Describe Betye Saar's impression of the events on the day of the verdict.
This section contains 1,549 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)