|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Josie Morales keep watching the beating of Rodney King from her apartment?
(a) She was enjoying the beating of Rodney King.
(b) She was waiting for an opportunity to help Rodney King.
(c) She believes that what the police were doing was a wrong thing and she wanted to be able to testify at the trial.
(d) She was waiting for an opportunity to discuss with her neighbors.
2. How much fine does Julio Menjivar have to pay as a result of his arrest?
3. What is "a badge of courage" as referred to in the story?
(a) It refers to the police badge.
(b) It refers to the fire department badge.
(c) It refers to the CSI badge.
(d) It refers to the FBI badge.
4. According to Mrs. Park, how long ago does Mr. Park come to the United States?
(a) 30 years ago.
(b) 18 years ago.
(c) 8 years ago.
(d) 28 years ago.
5. What comment does Julio Menjivar hear from the police officers who are passing by the looting scene?
(a) A threat about starting a fire in the neighborhood.
(b) They said that it was fine that they were destroying their own neighborhood.
(c) An expression of fear.
(d) A joke about how pleasant it would be if a fire was started.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
2. On the day of the verdict, how many versions does Tom Bradley prepare for his statement to the press?
3. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
4. Who arrives at the scene of the looting, and also eventually harms Julio Menjivar?
5. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bill Bradley disappointed about? How does he illustrate the source of his disappointment?
2. What convinces Harland Braun to eventually take on the case of Theodore Briseno? Explain his analogies to the story of Pontius Pilate.
3. Describe the thoughts running through the head of one particular female student from the University of Southern California.
4. How does Gladis Sibrian look at the riots that happened after the Rodney King trial?
5. How does the Hollywood agent feel when the verdict comes out? How does he describe the scenes he witnesses?
6. Describe Maxine Waters' reactions to the riots. What does she do, what statements does she give out, and what is her stand in general?
7. Describe Katie Miller's stand on the looting and the looters in general.
8. Describe Joe Viola's experience on the day of the riots. What does he feel and how does he behave during the riots?
9. Describe the riot which changed Michael Zinzun's life for good. What are the changes brought about by this riot?
10. Describe why Harland W. Braun was reluctant to take on the case of defending Theodore Briseno, a defendant in the Rodney King trial.
This section contains 1,557 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)