|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
(a) Younger members have become much more aggressive than the older gang members.
(b) Older gang members respected their elders, but such respect has disappeared among younger members.
(c) Younger gang members have become louder, and tend to attract more attention than older gang members.
(d) Older gang members are great conversationalists, while this skill is lost on younger gang members.
2. According to Chris Oh, what happens at the time Walter Park is shot?
(a) He was unable to stop his car and bumped his head on the windshield.
(b) He stepped on the accelerator and ran down a kid.
(c) He was talking to somebody on the phone when he hit a telephone pole.
(d) He pressed down on his car's accelerator and ran into a telephone pole.
3. Who are the "curious people"?
(a) They are the old ladies in the neighborhood of Los Angeles, who tend to pry in all the happenings around them.
(b) They are the gangs of Los Angeles whom Stanley K. Sheinbaum had a chance to talk to.
(c) They are the bag ladies loitering the streets of Los Angeles.
(d) They are the kids of Los Angeles who have an overwhelming curiosity about everything around them.
4. What action plan do the upper middle class in the Beverly Hills restaurant talk about in relation to the riots?
(a) Leaving town.
(b) Hiding in their homes.
(c) Hiring private security.
(d) Buying a gun.
5. What happens to Chung Lee and to his family the day the Rodney King verdicts are announced?
(a) Their store was completely looted and later burned.
(b) They were mobbed by the angry supporters of Rodney King.
(c) They had to wait in line for food rations.
(d) They were forced to give up their money for the people who were rioting outside their store.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is Walter Park in while he is being interviewed?
2. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
3. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
4. What assurance does Walter Park hold on to, despite the fact that his wife is not expressive?
5. What reason does Katie Miller give to explain why Korean stores are burned in black neighborhoods?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Walter Park's story and how the section was named "Kinda Lovely". Is it appropriate for the story being told at any give time?
2. How does Mrs. Young-soon Han describe the injustices suffered by the Korean immigrants?
3. Describe Chung Lee, who he is, and how he was affected by the Rodney King riots.
4. Discuss Twilight Bey's observations during the night.
5. Briefly explain Gil Garcetti's theory about the magic that surrounds police officers.
6. Describe Elaine Brown's stand on guns.
7. Describe the story of the anonymous juror from the Simi Valley. How is his life affected by the trials?
8. What does "lightning but no rain" refer to?
9. What does Chris Oh say about his father's condition? How does he feel?
10. What convinces Harland Braun to eventually take on the case of Theodore Briseno? Explain his analogies to the story of Pontius Pilate.
This section contains 1,608 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)