|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Katie Miller, who does the looting in the Korean stores?
(a) White Americans.
2. On the day of the verdict, how many versions does Tom Bradley prepare for his statement to the press?
3. Which exclusive store is not frequented by many people because the prices are just too high?
4. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
(a) He maintained a community newspaper that printed only stories about policemen.
(b) A strong hatred for white police officers.
(c) He founded an organization whose sole aim is to keep track of the movements of the policemen in his community.
(d) A strong admiration for police officers.
5. How does Stephen, Salas' son, handle his encounter with the policeman in which the policeman put a gun to his head?
(a) He wrote to all the major dailies to tell them of the abuse.
(b) He made a complaint about the policeman in the nearest police station.
(c) He told his father about it as soon as he came home.
(d) Stephen did not tell his father right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
2. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
3. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
4. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
5. What is the vision in the early 1960s, according to Mike Davis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paul Parker's crusade. What drives him to pursue this crusade?
2. Explain Hami Bhabha's theory on twilight.
3. How does the Hollywood agent feel when the verdict comes out? How does he describe the scenes he witnesses?
4. Describe the sense of mission and community after the Watts riot, as narrated by Otis Chandler. What happens to it eventually? How does it relate to the Rodney King trials?
5. Briefly explain the Anonymous Man's dangerous idea of an intimidation technique. What does he do to support this idea? What is the effect of this technique to his rival gangs?
6. Describe Katie Miller's stand on the looting and the looters in general.
7. Describe Dean Gilmour's investigations on the deaths that occurred at the time of the riots. What are the results of his investigations?
8. What does "lightning but no rain" refer to?
9. How can twilight be used, according to Hami Bhabha?
10. Describe how Sergeant Charles Duke feels about the use of physical force by police officers.
This section contains 1,410 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)