|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Katie Miller, who does the looting in the Korean stores?
(c) White Americans.
2. What are "choke holds"?
(a) These are the techniques in using a police baton effectively.
(b) It is a slang for choking a subject to death.
(c) These are upper body control holds which the LAPD used in the past.
(d) It is a choker worn by a police officer to identify him as an expert in choke methods.
3. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
(a) The police like to make killings in a very discreet manner.
(b) The police like to make killings look like drive-by shootings.
(c) She does not say anything about the subject.
(d) The police don't like killing at all.
4. Who took a video of the beating from their helicopter over the intersection of Florence and Normandie?
(a) John and Judith Tur.
(b) Judith Tur and her cameraman.
(c) Murika and Judith Tur.
(d) John and Murika Tur.
5. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(b) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
(c) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(d) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
2. Who arrives at the scene of the looting, and also eventually harms Julio Menjivar?
3. According to Reginald Denny, why do people become upset whenever he gets his truck off the freeway?
4. In what state is Walter Park in while he is being interviewed?
5. What action plan do the upper middle class in the Beverly Hills restaurant talk about in relation to the riots?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Twilight Bey stay up all night? Why do people call him "twilight"?
2. Explain Hami Bhabha's theory on twilight.
3. How can twilight be used, according to Hami Bhabha?
4. Describe the scene in Julio Menjivar's neighborhood when the National Guard arrived.
5. How does the Hollywood agent feel when the verdict comes out? How does he describe the scenes he witnesses?
6. Explain Salas' feelings of racism, and how it affects his daily life.
7. How does Gladis Sibrian look at the riots that happened after the Rodney King trial?
8. Describe Dean Gilmour's investigations on the deaths that occurred at the time of the riots. What are the results of his investigations?
9. Describe Paul Parker's crusade. What drives him to pursue this crusade?
10. Describe the riot which changed Michael Zinzun's life for good. What are the changes brought about by this riot?
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)