|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Reverend Tom Choi find out after some time in his interaction with the people in the community?
(a) He found that there was too much hostility in people.
(b) He did not see hostility; instead found only friendliness and solidarity.
(c) He found that Koreans, Americans, and blacks were not fighting after all.
(d) He saw that there was hatred everywhere.
2. According to Elaine Brown, where should people base their commitment if they want real change in society?
3. Which organization does Gladis Sibrian work for?
(a) Jackson National Liberation Front, Hawaii.
(b) Panamanian National Liberation Front, Panama.
(c) Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front, USA.
(d) Lutheran National Liberation Front, Africa.
4. How does Mrs. Young-coon Han describe America before the riots?
(a) "A nightmare".
(b) "The worst".
(c) "A dream come true".
(d) "The best".
5. Who is with Betye Saar on the day the verdict is handed out?
(a) Her sister Roo.
(b) Her friend Tony.
(c) Her student Darby.
(d) Her brother Buster.
6. How popular is Daryl Gates at the time of the riots?
(a) He was not even known in the area.
(b) He was as popular as Ronald Reagan.
(c) He was the most popular Republican in Los Angeles.
(d) He was not so popular.
7. Why is Twilight Bey nicknamed "Twilight"?
(a) He does not go out during the daytime.
(b) He is an albino.
(c) He is afraid of the sunlight.
(d) He stays out all night until the sun comes out.
8. What complaint does Reverend Tom Choi hear about Koreans, Americans, and blacks?
(a) Korean-Americans did not patronize black businesses.
(b) Korean-Americans did not allow blacks into their territories.
(c) Blacks did not allow Korean-Americans into their territories.
(d) Blacks did not patronize Korean-American businesses.
9. What report does Maxine Waters refer to that discusses the ills of society, among others?
(a) Kerner Commission Report.
(b) Waters Commission Report.
(c) Report Against Police Violence.
(d) Gates Commission Report.
10. How long will it take to figure out what happens to the Black Panther Party, according to Elaine Brown?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Twenty years.
11. What gun does Owen Smet start people out with?
(a) An AK-47.
(b) A thirty-eight.
(c) A forty-five pistol.
(d) A nine millimeter.
12. According to Elaine Young, how long do people stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel?
(a) Until midnight.
(b) They did not stay at the hotel at all.
(c) Until six in the evening.
(d) Until three or four in the morning.
13. Whose story does Elaine Brown always tell young men who are drawn to the group by its guns?
(a) Jonathan Marie.
(b) Jonathan Jackson.
(c) Jonathan Clarke.
(d) Jonathan Laurie.
14. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
(a) At the Beverly Hills Hotel.
(b) At the Beverly Center.
(c) At the Polo Lounge.
(d) At the First African Methodist Episcopal Church.
15. What book does Elaine Brown author?
(a) A Taste of Acid.
(b) A Taste of Vinegar.
(c) A Taste of Power.
(d) A Taste of Sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the membership at the Beverly Hills Gun Club increase after the riots?
2. Which African-American character does Mrs. Young-soon Han hate?
3. What is Gladis Sibrian's nom de guerre?
4. How does Betye Saar describe the look of the sky that night when the riots began?
5. What is Owen Smet's current occupation?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)