|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Braun think Pontius Pilate is doing?
(a) Love and hate for blacks.
(b) Being a ruler and being a counselor to his people.
(c) Trying to balance punishing an innocent man and keeping the public from uprising.
(d) Politics and marriage.
2. What is Gladis Sibrian's nom de guerre?
3. What is Owen Smet's current occupation?
(a) A writer in New Jersey.
(b) A producer in Beverly Hills.
(c) An assistant director in the Times Mirror Company.
(d) He works for the Culver City Police Department.
4. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
(a) He was at a fundraiser when in fact he was in a meeting about Proposition F.
(b) He was in church when in fact he was at home.
(c) He was in a meeting with other policemen when in fact he was at home.
(d) He was reading a story to preschoolers when in fact he was at home.
5. What is Elaine Brown's former occupation?
(a) Head of the Black Panther Party.
(b) Head of the Revenge Party.
(c) Head of the Black People's Party.
(d) Head of the Panthera Party.
6. According to Hami Bhabha, what are the people trying to understand?
(a) The complete control of the police force over the rioters.
(b) The ambivalence of what happened in Los Angeles.
(c) The calm among government officials.
(d) The serenity of the riots.
7. According to Elaine Brown, where should people base their commitment if they want real change in society?
8. What is Owen Smet's past occupation?
(a) Supplier for the Beverly Hills Gun Club.
(b) Range manager of the Beverly Hills Gun Club.
(c) President of the Beverly Hills Gun Club.
(d) Writer for the Beverly Hills Gun Club.
9. What book does Elaine Brown author?
(a) A Taste of Acid.
(b) A Taste of Sugar.
(c) A Taste of Vinegar.
(d) A Taste of Power.
10. What do the people tell Twilight Bey when they learn what he is doing in the streets?
(a) He was smarter than many people twice his age.
(b) He should consult the spirits.
(c) He is going about it the right way.
(d) He is an idiot.
11. How long will it take to figure out what happens to the Black Panther Party, according to Elaine Brown?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Thirty years.
12. According to Elaine Young, how long do people stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel?
(a) They did not stay at the hotel at all.
(b) Until midnight.
(c) Until six in the evening.
(d) Until three or four in the morning.
13. What statement best describes Bill Bradley's stand on the laws of the land?
(a) He does not acknowledge that the law treats different people in different ways.
(b) He is outraged that someone should suggest differences in the treatment of people.
(c) He does not like discussing the laws and people.
(d) He acknowledges that the law treats different people in different ways.
14. What example does Braun use to illustrate his point about justice?
(a) The story of Pontius Pilate and the trial of Christ.
(b) The duel between Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape.
(c) The Michael Jackson story.
(d) Pinnochio's story.
15. What is the young female student from the University of Southern California afraid of?
(a) That she might get raped by them.
(b) That her parents might not be able to flee their house.
(c) That she might get trapped in the campus.
(d) That they might try to attack the sorority and fraternity houses on campus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does real estate agent Elaine Young come to be in the Beverly Hills Hotel on the day of the verdict?
2. What comparison does Peter Sellars make about the United States and his father?
3. What statement does Bill Bradley make about the Rodney King beating?
4. Who is with Betye Saar on the day the verdict is handed out?
5. How many SWAT teams are sent to arrest Lance Parker?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)