|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
(a) At the Beverly Center.
(b) At the First African Methodist Episcopal Church.
(c) At the Beverly Hills Hotel.
(d) At the Polo Lounge.
2. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
(a) He was in a meeting with other policemen when in fact he was at home.
(b) He was at a fundraiser when in fact he was in a meeting about Proposition F.
(c) He was reading a story to preschoolers when in fact he was at home.
(d) He was in church when in fact he was at home.
3. What does the Reverend Tom Choi find out after some time in his interaction with the people in the community?
(a) He did not see hostility; instead found only friendliness and solidarity.
(b) He found that Koreans, Americans, and blacks were not fighting after all.
(c) He saw that there was hatred everywhere.
(d) He found that there was too much hostility in people.
4. In what particular division is there no riot-related death, as is discovered by Gilmour?
(a) Polo Lounge Division in East LA.
(b) Palo Alto Division in East LA.
(c) Beverly Hills Division in West LA.
(d) Hollingback Division in East LA.
5. Do Koreans receive welfare or food stamps?
(a) Not all the time.
(d) When it's raining hard.
6. How much does the membership at the Beverly Hills Gun Club increase after the riots?
(a) Thirty percent.
(b) Fifty percent.
(c) Twenty percent.
(d) Forty percent.
7. What do people tell Gladis Sibrian while she is growing up?
(a) She will not be listened to because she is a woman.
(b) She can do anything she wants.
(c) She needs to kill the President first.
(d) She cannot change anything in Panama.
8. Why is Harland Braun reluctant to take the case of defending an accused in the Rodney King trial?
(a) He didn't want to be involved in the case in any way.
(b) He thinks he is incompetent.
(c) He thought it was a racial beating.
(d) His client couldn't pay enough.
9. What statement does Bill Bradley make about corporations and institutions?
(a) The moral power of corporations and institutions has to be brought to bear when colored people are treated unjustly.
(b) Corporations and institutions should donate more towards charitable causes.
(c) Corporations and institutions are doing their social obligations to the people.
(d) He does not make any statements about corporations and institutions.
10. Who does Maxine Waters call to complain about many things that are being neglected and need attention?
(a) Rodney King's aunt.
(b) The President, the governor, and other persons of authority.
(c) Oprah Winfrey and Angelina Jolie.
(d) The local radio station.
11. Where does Owen Smet get his training to become a deadeye?
12. What comparison does Peter Sellars make about the United States and his father?
(a) They both loved guns.
(b) They were both cheap.
(c) They both loved being over the top.
(d) They were both extravagant.
13. Where are the female student's parents during the riots?
(a) In France.
(b) Driving across country to California.
(c) On a retreat with their neighbors.
(d) On a golf tournament.
14. How long will it take to figure out what happens to the Black Panther Party, according to Elaine Brown?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Twenty years.
15. What particular word does Paula Weinstein use in her press release that is objected to by the entertainment industry people?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many young people start gathering in Paula Weinstein and her husband's house?
2. What question does Braun pose in relation to the Rodney King trial?
3. Which statement best describes Mrs. Young-soon Han's feelings?
4. How does Twilight Bey describe himself?
5. What gun does Owen Smet start people out with?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)