|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Braun pose in relation to the Rodney King trial?
(a) Who are Powell and Koon?
(b) Is it the quest for truth or is the society protecting itself?
(c) Where are Laurie and Tina?
(d) Why did they beat Reginald Denny?
2. How does Mrs. Young-coon Han describe America before the riots?
(a) "The worst".
(b) "A dream come true".
(c) "A nightmare".
(d) "The best".
3. What does Braun think Pontius Pilate is doing?
(a) Politics and marriage.
(b) Trying to balance punishing an innocent man and keeping the public from uprising.
(c) Being a ruler and being a counselor to his people.
(d) Love and hate for blacks.
4. What complaint does Reverend Tom Choi hear about Koreans, Americans, and blacks?
(a) Blacks did not patronize Korean-American businesses.
(b) Korean-Americans did not allow blacks into their territories.
(c) Korean-Americans did not patronize black businesses.
(d) Blacks did not allow Korean-Americans into their territories.
5. According to Twilight Bey, what does "light" in the word "twilight" symbolize?
(a) Knowledge and wisdom in the Koran and Holy Bible.
(b) The afterlife.
(c) The cranes flying at dusk.
(d) The shadow he makes at daytime.
6. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
(a) He was reading a story to preschoolers when in fact he was at home.
(b) He was at a fundraiser when in fact he was in a meeting about Proposition F.
(c) He was in a meeting with other policemen when in fact he was at home.
(d) He was in church when in fact he was at home.
7. What statement does Peter Sellars give about the situation in the city?
(a) It was like being in a festival.
(b) It was like being incinerated.
(c) It was like bungee-jumping.
(d) It was like being in a merry-go-round.
8. In what particular division is there no riot-related death, as is discovered by Gilmour?
(a) Palo Alto Division in East LA.
(b) Polo Lounge Division in East LA.
(c) Hollingback Division in East LA.
(d) Beverly Hills Division in West LA.
9. What is Elaine Brown's former occupation?
(a) Head of the Panthera Party.
(b) Head of the Black People's Party.
(c) Head of the Revenge Party.
(d) Head of the Black Panther Party.
10. Which African-American character does Mrs. Young-soon Han respect?
(a) Jesse Jackson.
(b) Eddie Murphy.
(c) Arsenio Hall.
(d) Martin Luther King.
11. According to Betye Saar, how do some people view magic?
(a) It is considered an entertainment.
(b) Saar did not say anything about the sky that night.
(c) Magic is always well-accepted.
(d) It is the work of Satan.
12. What statement do the police give as a reason for Lance's arrest?
(a) Lance was into child slavery.
(b) Lance was a pimp.
(c) Lance was a thief.
(d) Lance was a known gang member and a drug dealer.
13. What does Gladis Sibrian's nom de guerre mean?
14. How does Betye Saar describe the look of the sky that night when the riots began?
(a) There is nothing unusual about the sky that night.
(b) It hints of pleasant surprises to come.
(c) A limbo time.
(d) Like lightning but no rain.
15. How should readers react to twilight, as recommended by Hami Bhabha?
(a) More interpretive and creative way.
(b) Should follow a structured system.
(c) Should ignore it completely.
(d) Reject the ideas of twilight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people tell Twilight Bey when they learn what he is doing in the streets?
2. What book does Elaine Brown author?
3. According to Peter Sellars, what is the one thing that his father cares about?
4. What statement does Bill Bradley make about race relations in the US?
5. As shown in Gilmour's final findings, how many deaths involve the LAPD?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)