|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hami Bhabha's occupation?
(b) Writer, scholar, and literary critic.
(c) Movie producer.
2. As shown in Gilmour's final findings, how many deaths involve the LAPD?
3. According to Betye Saar, how do some people view magic?
(a) It is considered an entertainment.
(b) Saar did not say anything about the sky that night.
(c) Magic is always well-accepted.
(d) It is the work of Satan.
4. What issues does Maxine Waters confront the President about?
(a) Unemployment, hopelessness, and despair.
(b) Addiction and crime.
(c) Insufficient educational budget.
(d) Lack of housing programs.
5. How does Betye Saar describe the look of the sky that night when the riots began?
(a) A limbo time.
(b) It hints of pleasant surprises to come.
(c) Like lightning but no rain.
(d) There is nothing unusual about the sky that night.
6. According to Hami Bhabha, what are the people trying to understand?
(a) The serenity of the riots.
(b) The complete control of the police force over the rioters.
(c) The ambivalence of what happened in Los Angeles.
(d) The calm among government officials.
7. What does the Reverend Tom Choi find out after some time in his interaction with the people in the community?
(a) He did not see hostility; instead found only friendliness and solidarity.
(b) He found that there was too much hostility in people.
(c) He found that Koreans, Americans, and blacks were not fighting after all.
(d) He saw that there was hatred everywhere.
8. What particular case is Bill Bradley upset about?
(a) A friend from a big LA law firm was molested and the law firm did not complain.
(b) An intern punched a partner in the face and nothing was reported.
(c) A lawyer punched an intern and the intern just kept quiet.
(d) A law firm was sued by the LA police officers.
9. What is established right after the Watts riots?
(a) The McClellan Commission.
(b) The Denny Commission.
(c) The Hillary Commission.
(d) The Rodney Commission.
10. Who is with Betye Saar on the day the verdict is handed out?
(a) Her friend Tony.
(b) Her brother Buster.
(c) Her sister Roo.
(d) Her student Darby.
11. How much does the membership at the Beverly Hills Gun Club increase after the riots?
(a) Twenty percent.
(b) Fifty percent.
(c) Thirty percent.
(d) Forty percent.
12. What kind of tax is Otis Chandler proposing to help raise the money for the community?
(a) Parking tax.
(b) Sales or gasoline tax.
(c) Cigarette tax.
(d) Reading tax.
13. According to Twilight Bey, what does "light" in the word "twilight" symbolize?
(a) Knowledge and wisdom in the Koran and Holy Bible.
(b) The afterlife.
(c) The shadow he makes at daytime.
(d) The cranes flying at dusk.
14. How should readers react to twilight, as recommended by Hami Bhabha?
(a) Should ignore it completely.
(b) More interpretive and creative way.
(c) Reject the ideas of twilight.
(d) Should follow a structured system.
15. Who is Harland W. Braun defending in the Rodney King trial?
(a) Theodore Briseno.
(b) Chris Oh.
(c) Lance Parker.
(d) Reginald Denny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "deadeye"?
2. What statement does Hami Bhabha make about twilight?
3. Why is Betye Saar surprised when they get to the restaurant?
4. Which organization does Gladis Sibrian work for?
5. What do people tell Gladis Sibrian while she is growing up?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)