|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which African-American character does Mrs. Young-soon Han hate?
(a) Eddie Murphy.
(b) Martin Luther King.
(c) Arsenio Hall.
(d) Jesse Jackson.
2. How does Gladis Sibrian describe the riots?
(c) Social explosion.
3. What statement does Otis Chandler make about wealthy American families?
(a) He did not make any statement about wealthy American families.
(b) Wealthy American families are the stronghold of local communities.
(c) Wealthy American families set a good example in how to be responsible citizens.
(d) They just waste their money instead of making real contributions to their communities.
4. What gun does Owen Smet start people out with?
(a) An AK-47.
(b) A nine millimeter.
(c) A forty-five pistol.
(d) A thirty-eight.
5. How does Otis Chandler feel towards improving things around him?
(a) Things are not hopeless nor can everything be improved by throwing money around.
(b) Things can only be improved by throwing money around.
(c) Things are hopeless now no matter how much money there is.
(d) He does not make any statement about the issue.
6. According to Elaine Brown, where should people base their commitment if they want real change in society?
7. What does twilight force us to be aware of?
(a) That we are all but human.
(b) That there are limited resources at any given time.
(c) That there is an agreement between cosmic and actual events.
(d) How we project ourselves into a situation and how we are part of an event.
8. What statement does Paul Parker make about the LAPD's efforts to find and arrest the people responsible for Reginald Denny's beating?
(a) It shouldn't have been done in the first place.
(b) It would have been done better if the FBI was involved.
(c) The efforts were mostly a public relations program prompted by certain criticisms.
(d) It was inefficient since not enough violence was employed.
9. Who does Maxine Waters call to complain about many things that are being neglected and need attention?
(a) The local radio station.
(b) Rodney King's aunt.
(c) The President, the governor, and other persons of authority.
(d) Oprah Winfrey and Angelina Jolie.
10. What statement does Gates give on the reason why he is delayed in getting to where the trouble is?
(a) He had a hard time leaving the meeting and getting away.
(b) He couldn't find a cab to take him to where the riots were.
(c) He ran out of gas.
(d) Traffic was terrible, and he couldn't find an alternate route.
11. Which statement best describes Twilight Bey's feelings?
(a) Like walking in the dark.
(b) Like a child lost in a field of corn.
(c) Like he is stuck in limbo.
(d) Like a child learning how to walk.
12. How many years does it take for everyone to forget about the commission and the commitments people have made?
13. What kind of tax is Otis Chandler proposing to help raise the money for the community?
(a) Parking tax.
(b) Cigarette tax.
(c) Reading tax.
(d) Sales or gasoline tax.
14. How does Maxine Waters force her ideas onto lawmakers?
(a) By pushing into meetings where she was not invited.
(b) By writing numerous press releases.
(c) By talking to them one by one in private.
(d) By going into interviews on all radio stations.
15. What is Owen Smet's current occupation?
(a) An assistant director in the Times Mirror Company.
(b) A writer in New Jersey.
(c) He works for the Culver City Police Department.
(d) A producer in Beverly Hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement best describes Bill Bradley's stand on the laws of the land?
2. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
3. What do the people tell Twilight Bey when they learn what he is doing in the streets?
4. How popular is Daryl Gates at the time of the riots?
5. Who is Harland W. Braun defending in the Rodney King trial?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)