|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Betye Saar describe the look of the sky that night when the riots began?
(a) It hints of pleasant surprises to come.
(b) A limbo time.
(c) There is nothing unusual about the sky that night.
(d) Like lightning but no rain.
2. What statement does Paul Parker make about the LAPD's efforts to find and arrest the people responsible for Reginald Denny's beating?
(a) It shouldn't have been done in the first place.
(b) It would have been done better if the FBI was involved.
(c) It was inefficient since not enough violence was employed.
(d) The efforts were mostly a public relations program prompted by certain criticisms.
3. In what particular division is there no riot-related death, as is discovered by Gilmour?
(a) Polo Lounge Division in East LA.
(b) Hollingback Division in East LA.
(c) Palo Alto Division in East LA.
(d) Beverly Hills Division in West LA.
4. What does Mrs. Young-soon Han realize after the riots?
(a) Americans love violence.
(b) Koreans immigrants were able to fully adapt to American Society.
(c) Korean immigrants have been left out of American Society.
(d) Koreans love violence.
5. What gun does Owen Smet start people out with?
(a) An AK-47.
(b) A forty-five pistol.
(c) A thirty-eight.
(d) A nine millimeter.
6. What is Owen Smet's past occupation?
(a) Range manager of the Beverly Hills Gun Club.
(b) Writer for the Beverly Hills Gun Club.
(c) President of the Beverly Hills Gun Club.
(d) Supplier for the Beverly Hills Gun Club.
7. What kind of tax is Otis Chandler proposing to help raise the money for the community?
(a) Cigarette tax.
(b) Reading tax.
(c) Parking tax.
(d) Sales or gasoline tax.
8. What do the people tell Twilight Bey when they learn what he is doing in the streets?
(a) He should consult the spirits.
(b) He is an idiot.
(c) He was smarter than many people twice his age.
(d) He is going about it the right way.
9. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
(a) He was in church when in fact he was at home.
(b) He was in a meeting with other policemen when in fact he was at home.
(c) He was at a fundraiser when in fact he was in a meeting about Proposition F.
(d) He was reading a story to preschoolers when in fact he was at home.
10. Which African-American character does Mrs. Young-soon Han respect?
(a) Jesse Jackson.
(b) Eddie Murphy.
(c) Arsenio Hall.
(d) Martin Luther King.
11. How should readers react to twilight, as recommended by Hami Bhabha?
(a) Should ignore it completely.
(b) More interpretive and creative way.
(c) Reject the ideas of twilight.
(d) Should follow a structured system.
12. What report does Maxine Waters refer to that discusses the ills of society, among others?
(a) Report Against Police Violence.
(b) Waters Commission Report.
(c) Kerner Commission Report.
(d) Gates Commission Report.
13. What is Hami Bhabha's occupation?
(c) Writer, scholar, and literary critic.
(d) Movie producer.
14. Why is Betye Saar surprised when they get to the restaurant?
(a) There was Oprah Winfrey in the restaurant.
(b) There is nothing unusual observed by Betye Saar on that day.
(c) No one knew about the verdict yet.
(d) They saw crowds of people in the streets.
15. What comparison does Peter Sellars make about the United States and his father?
(a) They both loved being over the top.
(b) They were both extravagant.
(c) They were both cheap.
(d) They both loved guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose story does Elaine Brown always tell young men who are drawn to the group by its guns?
2. What is the female student thinking of at the time of the riots?
3. What is Gladis Sibrian's nom de guerre?
4. Who is Harland W. Braun defending in the Rodney King trial?
5. How does Mrs. Young-coon Han describe America before the riots?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)