Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement best describes Bill Bradley's stand on the laws of the land?
(a) He does not acknowledge that the law treats different people in different ways.
(b) He acknowledges that the law treats different people in different ways.
(c) He is outraged that someone should suggest differences in the treatment of people.
(d) He does not like discussing the laws and people.
2. What does Mrs. Young-soon Han realize after the riots?
(a) Americans love violence.
(b) Korean immigrants have been left out of American Society.
(c) Koreans love violence.
(d) Koreans immigrants were able to fully adapt to American Society.
3. When Dean Gilmour is starting his investigation, how many deaths does he think there are?
4. How popular is Daryl Gates at the time of the riots?
(a) He was the most popular Republican in Los Angeles.
(b) He was not so popular.
(c) He was as popular as Ronald Reagan.
(d) He was not even known in the area.
5. How does Betye Saar describe the look of the sky that night when the riots began?
(a) It hints of pleasant surprises to come.
(b) A limbo time.
(c) There is nothing unusual about the sky that night.
(d) Like lightning but no rain.
6. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
(a) At the Beverly Center.
(b) At the Polo Lounge.
(c) At the First African Methodist Episcopal Church.
(d) At the Beverly Hills Hotel.
7. How does Twilight Bey describe himself?
(a) A watchdog.
(b) A bullfrog.
(c) A pitbull.
(d) A stallion.
8. What organization does Maxine Waters chair?
(a) Rage Against White People Organization.
(b) Caucus Against Violence.
(c) Congressional Black Caucus.
(d) Women's Liberation Society.
9. What kind of tax is Otis Chandler proposing to help raise the money for the community?
(a) Sales or gasoline tax.
(b) Parking tax.
(c) Reading tax.
(d) Cigarette tax.
10. According to Twilight Bey, what does "light" in the word "twilight" symbolize?
(a) The shadow he makes at daytime.
(b) The afterlife.
(c) The cranes flying at dusk.
(d) Knowledge and wisdom in the Koran and Holy Bible.
11. What statement does Bill Bradley make about the Rodney King beating?
(a) It was a violation of human rights and should be totally penalized.
(b) It was so unusual that a law has to be passed addressing it.
(c) It has nothing to do with him.
(d) It was nothing new.
12. Why is Harland Braun reluctant to take the case of defending an accused in the Rodney King trial?
(a) He thinks he is incompetent.
(b) He didn't want to be involved in the case in any way.
(c) His client couldn't pay enough.
(d) He thought it was a racial beating.
13. Why is Betye Saar surprised when they get to the restaurant?
(a) No one knew about the verdict yet.
(b) There is nothing unusual observed by Betye Saar on that day.
(c) They saw crowds of people in the streets.
(d) There was Oprah Winfrey in the restaurant.
14. What does Braun think Pontius Pilate is doing?
(a) Trying to balance punishing an innocent man and keeping the public from uprising.
(b) Politics and marriage.
(c) Being a ruler and being a counselor to his people.
(d) Love and hate for blacks.
15. How many SWAT teams are sent to arrest Lance Parker?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does real estate agent Elaine Young come to be in the Beverly Hills Hotel on the day of the verdict?
2. What is the young female student from the University of Southern California afraid of?
3. What example does Braun use to illustrate his point about justice?
4. How are Gladis Sibrian and her friends described by other people?
5. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)