|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bill Bradley's position?
(a) Democratic Senator from New Jersey.
(b) Republican Senator from New Jersey.
(c) Republican Congressman from New Jersey.
(d) Democratic Congressman from New Jersey.
2. What book does Elaine Brown author?
(a) A Taste of Vinegar.
(b) A Taste of Acid.
(c) A Taste of Sugar.
(d) A Taste of Power.
3. Which statement best describes Twilight Bey's beliefs?
(a) Everything that occurs in the daytime creates what happens at night.
(b) Bad things happen at night.
(c) There is no afterlife.
(d) Bad things happen in daytime.
4. In what particular division is there no riot-related death, as is discovered by Gilmour?
(a) Beverly Hills Division in West LA.
(b) Hollingback Division in East LA.
(c) Polo Lounge Division in East LA.
(d) Palo Alto Division in East LA.
5. How does Mrs. Young-coon Han describe America before the riots?
(a) "The worst".
(b) "A nightmare".
(c) "A dream come true".
(d) "The best".
6. What statement does Gates give on the reason why he is delayed in getting to where the trouble is?
(a) Traffic was terrible, and he couldn't find an alternate route.
(b) He ran out of gas.
(c) He had a hard time leaving the meeting and getting away.
(d) He couldn't find a cab to take him to where the riots were.
7. What is the young female student from the University of Southern California afraid of?
(a) That her parents might not be able to flee their house.
(b) That she might get trapped in the campus.
(c) That she might get raped by them.
(d) That they might try to attack the sorority and fraternity houses on campus.
8. Where are the female student's parents during the riots?
(a) On a golf tournament.
(b) In France.
(c) Driving across country to California.
(d) On a retreat with their neighbors.
9. Whose story does Elaine Brown always tell young men who are drawn to the group by its guns?
(a) Jonathan Jackson.
(b) Jonathan Clarke.
(c) Jonathan Laurie.
(d) Jonathan Marie.
10. According to Peter Sellars, what is the one thing that his father cares about?
11. What is Gladis Sibrian's nom de guerre?
12. How popular is Daryl Gates at the time of the riots?
(a) He was not so popular.
(b) He was the most popular Republican in Los Angeles.
(c) He was as popular as Ronald Reagan.
(d) He was not even known in the area.
13. What particular case is Bill Bradley upset about?
(a) A lawyer punched an intern and the intern just kept quiet.
(b) An intern punched a partner in the face and nothing was reported.
(c) A friend from a big LA law firm was molested and the law firm did not complain.
(d) A law firm was sued by the LA police officers.
14. What do the police officers tell Braun's son in an encounter?
(a) They will find a way to hunt him down.
(b) They will kill his dad if he did not shut up.
(c) They will kill him if he did not shut up.
(d) They will put a screw through his chest if he did not shut up.
15. What is a "deadeye"?
(a) A very good shooter.
(b) A very good assistant in the field.
(c) A very good gun cleaner.
(d) A very good range manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Bill Bradley make about corporations and institutions?
2. According to Twilight Bey, what does "light" in the word "twilight" symbolize?
3. How are Gladis Sibrian and her friends described by other people?
4. What does Braun think Pontius Pilate is doing?
5. What does Mrs. Young-soon Han realize after the riots?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)