|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Betye Saar on the day the verdict is handed out?
(a) Her friend Tony.
(b) Her student Darby.
(c) Her brother Buster.
(d) Her sister Roo.
2. Why is Betye Saar surprised when they get to the restaurant?
(a) There was Oprah Winfrey in the restaurant.
(b) They saw crowds of people in the streets.
(c) No one knew about the verdict yet.
(d) There is nothing unusual observed by Betye Saar on that day.
3. What does twilight force us to be aware of?
(a) How we project ourselves into a situation and how we are part of an event.
(b) That we are all but human.
(c) That there are limited resources at any given time.
(d) That there is an agreement between cosmic and actual events.
4. What statement do the police give as a reason for Lance's arrest?
(a) Lance was into child slavery.
(b) Lance was a pimp.
(c) Lance was a known gang member and a drug dealer.
(d) Lance was a thief.
5. What complaint does Reverend Tom Choi hear about Koreans, Americans, and blacks?
(a) Korean-Americans did not patronize black businesses.
(b) Blacks did not allow Korean-Americans into their territories.
(c) Blacks did not patronize Korean-American businesses.
(d) Korean-Americans did not allow blacks into their territories.
6. How should readers react to twilight, as recommended by Hami Bhabha?
(a) Reject the ideas of twilight.
(b) Should ignore it completely.
(c) More interpretive and creative way.
(d) Should follow a structured system.
7. According to Peter Sellars, what is the one thing that his father cares about?
8. Which organization does Gladis Sibrian work for?
(a) Jackson National Liberation Front, Hawaii.
(b) Lutheran National Liberation Front, Africa.
(c) Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front, USA.
(d) Panamanian National Liberation Front, Panama.
9. What is the female student thinking of at the time of the riots?
(a) She is worried that he might not remember to turn off the lights in the car.
(b) She was worried that one of her father's car might be hit by a bottle.
(c) She is scared that he might sell all his cars and leave town.
(d) She thinks that his father might have a driving accident.
10. What do the people tell Twilight Bey when they learn what he is doing in the streets?
(a) He is going about it the right way.
(b) He is an idiot.
(c) He should consult the spirits.
(d) He was smarter than many people twice his age.
11. What statement does Bill Bradley make about the Rodney King beating?
(a) It was nothing new.
(b) It was a violation of human rights and should be totally penalized.
(c) It was so unusual that a law has to be passed addressing it.
(d) It has nothing to do with him.
12. What statement does Hami Bhabha make about twilight?
(a) We see the sharp outlines visible in daylight when we look at the disturbance in twilight.
(b) Everyone should consider reading the twilight.
(c) There is no such thing as twilight.
(d) Twilight is an overrated, abused term.
13. What particular word does Paula Weinstein use in her press release that is objected to by the entertainment industry people?
14. Which statement best describes Twilight Bey's feelings?
(a) Like he is stuck in limbo.
(b) Like walking in the dark.
(c) Like a child lost in a field of corn.
(d) Like a child learning how to walk.
15. What kind of tax is Otis Chandler proposing to help raise the money for the community?
(a) Parking tax.
(b) Cigarette tax.
(c) Reading tax.
(d) Sales or gasoline tax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gladis Sibrian's nom de guerre?
2. How many young people start gathering in Paula Weinstein and her husband's house?
3. How does Twilight Bey describe himself?
4. Where do Paula Weinstein and her husband Mark call a press conference on the day the verdict comes down?
5. What gun does Owen Smet start people out with?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)