|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which organization does Gladis Sibrian work for?
(a) Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front, USA.
(b) Panamanian National Liberation Front, Panama.
(c) Jackson National Liberation Front, Hawaii.
(d) Lutheran National Liberation Front, Africa.
2. How popular is Daryl Gates at the time of the riots?
(a) He was not even known in the area.
(b) He was the most popular Republican in Los Angeles.
(c) He was not so popular.
(d) He was as popular as Ronald Reagan.
3. What particular case is Bill Bradley upset about?
(a) An intern punched a partner in the face and nothing was reported.
(b) A friend from a big LA law firm was molested and the law firm did not complain.
(c) A law firm was sued by the LA police officers.
(d) A lawyer punched an intern and the intern just kept quiet.
4. What report does Maxine Waters refer to that discusses the ills of society, among others?
(a) Gates Commission Report.
(b) Waters Commission Report.
(c) Report Against Police Violence.
(d) Kerner Commission Report.
5. What does Mrs. Young-soon Han realize after the riots?
(a) Americans love violence.
(b) Koreans love violence.
(c) Koreans immigrants were able to fully adapt to American Society.
(d) Korean immigrants have been left out of American Society.
6. What is Bill Bradley's position?
(a) Republican Senator from New Jersey.
(b) Democratic Senator from New Jersey.
(c) Democratic Congressman from New Jersey.
(d) Republican Congressman from New Jersey.
7. Who does Maxine Waters call to complain about many things that are being neglected and need attention?
(a) Rodney King's aunt.
(b) The President, the governor, and other persons of authority.
(c) Oprah Winfrey and Angelina Jolie.
(d) The local radio station.
8. How does Hami Bhabha describe the "twilight"?
(a) An in-between moment of ambivalence.
(b) A moment of total chaos.
(c) A moment of serenity.
(d) A moment of total zen.
9. According to Twilight Bey, what does "light" in the word "twilight" symbolize?
(a) The shadow he makes at daytime.
(b) The afterlife.
(c) The cranes flying at dusk.
(d) Knowledge and wisdom in the Koran and Holy Bible.
10. Where does Owen Smet get his training to become a deadeye?
11. Where are the female student's parents during the riots?
(a) On a retreat with their neighbors.
(b) In France.
(c) On a golf tournament.
(d) Driving across country to California.
12. What book does Elaine Brown author?
(a) A Taste of Sugar.
(b) A Taste of Vinegar.
(c) A Taste of Power.
(d) A Taste of Acid.
13. Do Koreans receive welfare or food stamps?
(b) Not all the time.
(c) When it's raining hard.
14. How should readers react to twilight, as recommended by Hami Bhabha?
(a) More interpretive and creative way.
(b) Should follow a structured system.
(c) Should ignore it completely.
(d) Reject the ideas of twilight.
15. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
(a) He was at a fundraiser when in fact he was in a meeting about Proposition F.
(b) He was in church when in fact he was at home.
(c) He was in a meeting with other policemen when in fact he was at home.
(d) He was reading a story to preschoolers when in fact he was at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Otis Chandler feel towards improving things around him?
2. What statement does Paul Parker make about the LAPD's efforts to find and arrest the people responsible for Reginald Denny's beating?
3. What complaint does Reverend Tom Choi hear about Koreans, Americans, and blacks?
4. What organization does Maxine Waters chair?
5. What is Betye Saar's current occupation?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)