|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is established right after the Watts riots?
(a) The Hillary Commission.
(b) The Rodney Commission.
(c) The Denny Commission.
(d) The McClellan Commission.
2. How does real estate agent Elaine Young come to be in the Beverly Hills Hotel on the day of the verdict?
(a) She saw a nice jewelry on display and decided to come in.
(b) She met another real estate agent who wanted to hire her.
(c) Her date canceled and she did not want to be alone at home.
(d) She was just passing by and was pushed by the crowds.
3. What is Hami Bhabha's occupation?
(a) Writer, scholar, and literary critic.
(d) Movie producer.
4. According to Elaine Young, how long do people stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel?
(a) They did not stay at the hotel at all.
(b) Until three or four in the morning.
(c) Until six in the evening.
(d) Until midnight.
5. What is a "deadeye"?
(a) A very good shooter.
(b) A very good range manager.
(c) A very good assistant in the field.
(d) A very good gun cleaner.
6. What statement does Peter Sellars give about the situation in the city?
(a) It was like bungee-jumping.
(b) It was like being incinerated.
(c) It was like being in a festival.
(d) It was like being in a merry-go-round.
7. What statement does Bill Bradley make about race relations in the US?
(a) Everyone has a responsibility to try to improve race relations in the US.
(b) There is no improvement that should be done in the race relations in the US.
(c) The race relations in the US are in its most ideal state.
(d) It is the government's responsibility to improve race relations in the US.
8. What comparison does Peter Sellars make about the United States and his father?
(a) They both loved being over the top.
(b) They were both extravagant.
(c) They were both cheap.
(d) They both loved guns.
9. Which African-American character does Mrs. Young-soon Han hate?
(a) Arsenio Hall.
(b) Martin Luther King.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Eddie Murphy.
10. How does Mrs. Young-coon Han describe America before the riots?
(a) "The worst".
(b) "A nightmare".
(c) "The best".
(d) "A dream come true".
11. What organization does Maxine Waters chair?
(a) Caucus Against Violence.
(b) Rage Against White People Organization.
(c) Women's Liberation Society.
(d) Congressional Black Caucus.
12. What report does Maxine Waters refer to that discusses the ills of society, among others?
(a) Gates Commission Report.
(b) Kerner Commission Report.
(c) Waters Commission Report.
(d) Report Against Police Violence.
13. Do Koreans receive welfare or food stamps?
(c) When it's raining hard.
(d) Not all the time.
14. What does Gladis Sibrian's nom de guerre mean?
15. How popular is Daryl Gates at the time of the riots?
(a) He was as popular as Ronald Reagan.
(b) He was not even known in the area.
(c) He was not so popular.
(d) He was the most popular Republican in Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Elaine Brown author?
2. Where are the female student's parents during the riots?
3. When Dean Gilmour is starting his investigation, how many deaths does he think there are?
4. What does the Reverend Tom Choi find out after some time in his interaction with the people in the community?
5. According to Hami Bhabha, what are the people trying to understand?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)