|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Braun pose in relation to the Rodney King trial?
(a) Why did they beat Reginald Denny?
(b) Where are Laurie and Tina?
(c) Who are Powell and Koon?
(d) Is it the quest for truth or is the society protecting itself?
2. Why is Twilight Bey nicknamed "Twilight"?
(a) He stays out all night until the sun comes out.
(b) He is an albino.
(c) He is afraid of the sunlight.
(d) He does not go out during the daytime.
3. Where do Paula Weinstein and her husband Mark call a press conference on the day the verdict comes down?
(a) Warner Brothers lot.
(b) Kodak Theater.
(c) Nokia Theater.
(d) NBC Studios.
4. What does the Reverend Tom Choi find out after some time in his interaction with the people in the community?
(a) He found that there was too much hostility in people.
(b) He did not see hostility; instead found only friendliness and solidarity.
(c) He found that Koreans, Americans, and blacks were not fighting after all.
(d) He saw that there was hatred everywhere.
5. What statement does Gates give on the reason why he is delayed in getting to where the trouble is?
(a) He ran out of gas.
(b) Traffic was terrible, and he couldn't find an alternate route.
(c) He couldn't find a cab to take him to where the riots were.
(d) He had a hard time leaving the meeting and getting away.
6. What statement does Otis Chandler make about wealthy American families?
(a) He did not make any statement about wealthy American families.
(b) Wealthy American families set a good example in how to be responsible citizens.
(c) They just waste their money instead of making real contributions to their communities.
(d) Wealthy American families are the stronghold of local communities.
7. When Dean Gilmour is starting his investigation, how many deaths does he think there are?
8. What comparison does Peter Sellars make about the United States and his father?
(a) They were both cheap.
(b) They both loved guns.
(c) They were both extravagant.
(d) They both loved being over the top.
9. What issues does Maxine Waters confront the President about?
(a) Lack of housing programs.
(b) Addiction and crime.
(c) Unemployment, hopelessness, and despair.
(d) Insufficient educational budget.
10. What is a "deadeye"?
(a) A very good assistant in the field.
(b) A very good range manager.
(c) A very good shooter.
(d) A very good gun cleaner.
11. How does she describe picking up a gun and going into the streets without a plan or any reason other than rage?
12. What is the female student thinking of at the time of the riots?
(a) She thinks that his father might have a driving accident.
(b) She is scared that he might sell all his cars and leave town.
(c) She is worried that he might not remember to turn off the lights in the car.
(d) She was worried that one of her father's car might be hit by a bottle.
13. In what particular division is there no riot-related death, as is discovered by Gilmour?
(a) Beverly Hills Division in West LA.
(b) Palo Alto Division in East LA.
(c) Polo Lounge Division in East LA.
(d) Hollingback Division in East LA.
14. What is established right after the Watts riots?
(a) The Rodney Commission.
(b) The Hillary Commission.
(c) The McClellan Commission.
(d) The Denny Commission.
15. What report does Maxine Waters refer to that discusses the ills of society, among others?
(a) Waters Commission Report.
(b) Kerner Commission Report.
(c) Report Against Police Violence.
(d) Gates Commission Report.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Betye Saar, how do some people view magic?
2. Where are the female student's parents during the riots?
3. What statement does Bill Bradley make about race relations in the US?
4. What do the police officers tell Braun's son in an encounter?
5. Which organization does Gladis Sibrian work for?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)