|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people tell Twilight Bey when they learn what he is doing in the streets?
(a) He should consult the spirits.
(b) He is going about it the right way.
(c) He was smarter than many people twice his age.
(d) He is an idiot.
2. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
(a) He was in a meeting with other policemen when in fact he was at home.
(b) He was reading a story to preschoolers when in fact he was at home.
(c) He was at a fundraiser when in fact he was in a meeting about Proposition F.
(d) He was in church when in fact he was at home.
3. What does Braun think Pontius Pilate is doing?
(a) Politics and marriage.
(b) Love and hate for blacks.
(c) Being a ruler and being a counselor to his people.
(d) Trying to balance punishing an innocent man and keeping the public from uprising.
4. According to Elaine Brown, where should people base their commitment if they want real change in society?
5. What statement does Gates give on the reason why he is delayed in getting to where the trouble is?
(a) He ran out of gas.
(b) Traffic was terrible, and he couldn't find an alternate route.
(c) He had a hard time leaving the meeting and getting away.
(d) He couldn't find a cab to take him to where the riots were.
6. What particular word does Paula Weinstein use in her press release that is objected to by the entertainment industry people?
7. What is established right after the Watts riots?
(a) The McClellan Commission.
(b) The Denny Commission.
(c) The Hillary Commission.
(d) The Rodney Commission.
8. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
(a) At the Beverly Hills Hotel.
(b) At the Polo Lounge.
(c) At the First African Methodist Episcopal Church.
(d) At the Beverly Center.
9. What do the police officers tell Braun's son in an encounter?
(a) They will kill him if he did not shut up.
(b) They will find a way to hunt him down.
(c) They will put a screw through his chest if he did not shut up.
(d) They will kill his dad if he did not shut up.
10. What gun does Owen Smet start people out with?
(a) An AK-47.
(b) A thirty-eight.
(c) A nine millimeter.
(d) A forty-five pistol.
11. What is Owen Smet's current occupation?
(a) A producer in Beverly Hills.
(b) An assistant director in the Times Mirror Company.
(c) He works for the Culver City Police Department.
(d) A writer in New Jersey.
12. Which organization does Gladis Sibrian work for?
(a) Jackson National Liberation Front, Hawaii.
(b) Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front, USA.
(c) Lutheran National Liberation Front, Africa.
(d) Panamanian National Liberation Front, Panama.
13. Where else does Elaine Young go to because she does not want to be alone?
(a) Polo Lounge.
(b) City Center.
(c) Beverly Center.
(d) Central Park.
14. How does Gladis Sibrian describe the riots?
(c) Social explosion.
15. Whose story does Elaine Brown always tell young men who are drawn to the group by its guns?
(a) Jonathan Laurie.
(b) Jonathan Marie.
(c) Jonathan Jackson.
(d) Jonathan Clarke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization does Maxine Waters chair?
2. Why is Betye Saar surprised when they get to the restaurant?
3. What complaint does Reverend Tom Choi hear about Koreans, Americans, and blacks?
4. What statement does Bill Bradley make about corporations and institutions?
5. Which African-American character does Mrs. Young-soon Han hate?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)