|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Owen Smet's current occupation?
(a) A producer in Beverly Hills.
(b) A writer in New Jersey.
(c) He works for the Culver City Police Department.
(d) An assistant director in the Times Mirror Company.
2. Where else does Elaine Young go to because she does not want to be alone?
(a) City Center.
(b) Beverly Center.
(c) Polo Lounge.
(d) Central Park.
3. How does Twilight Bey describe himself?
(a) A bullfrog.
(b) A stallion.
(c) A watchdog.
(d) A pitbull.
4. What question does Braun pose in relation to the Rodney King trial?
(a) Is it the quest for truth or is the society protecting itself?
(b) Why did they beat Reginald Denny?
(c) Who are Powell and Koon?
(d) Where are Laurie and Tina?
5. What is Betye Saar's current occupation?
(a) Writer in Laurel Canyon.
(b) Manager in Laurel Canyon.
(c) Producer in Laurel Canyon.
(d) Artist in Laurel Canyon.
6. What statement does Bill Bradley make about the Rodney King beating?
(a) It has nothing to do with him.
(b) It was so unusual that a law has to be passed addressing it.
(c) It was nothing new.
(d) It was a violation of human rights and should be totally penalized.
7. According to Hami Bhabha, what are the people trying to understand?
(a) The calm among government officials.
(b) The serenity of the riots.
(c) The ambivalence of what happened in Los Angeles.
(d) The complete control of the police force over the rioters.
8. How should readers react to twilight, as recommended by Hami Bhabha?
(a) Should ignore it completely.
(b) Should follow a structured system.
(c) Reject the ideas of twilight.
(d) More interpretive and creative way.
9. What statement does Bill Bradley make about corporations and institutions?
(a) Corporations and institutions should donate more towards charitable causes.
(b) The moral power of corporations and institutions has to be brought to bear when colored people are treated unjustly.
(c) He does not make any statements about corporations and institutions.
(d) Corporations and institutions are doing their social obligations to the people.
10. Which organization does Gladis Sibrian work for?
(a) Panamanian National Liberation Front, Panama.
(b) Jackson National Liberation Front, Hawaii.
(c) Farabundo Marti National Liberation Front, USA.
(d) Lutheran National Liberation Front, Africa.
11. What statement does Paul Parker make about the LAPD's efforts to find and arrest the people responsible for Reginald Denny's beating?
(a) The efforts were mostly a public relations program prompted by certain criticisms.
(b) It would have been done better if the FBI was involved.
(c) It shouldn't have been done in the first place.
(d) It was inefficient since not enough violence was employed.
12. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
(a) At the First African Methodist Episcopal Church.
(b) At the Polo Lounge.
(c) At the Beverly Hills Hotel.
(d) At the Beverly Center.
13. What book does Elaine Brown author?
(a) A Taste of Acid.
(b) A Taste of Sugar.
(c) A Taste of Vinegar.
(d) A Taste of Power.
14. How many young people start gathering in Paula Weinstein and her husband's house?
15. How does Mrs. Young-coon Han describe America before the riots?
(a) "The best".
(b) "The worst".
(c) "A dream come true".
(d) "A nightmare".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the female student thinking of at the time of the riots?
2. What gun does Owen Smet start people out with?
3. What comparison does Peter Sellars make about the United States and his father?
4. As shown in Gilmour's final findings, how many deaths involve the LAPD?
5. Who is Harland W. Braun defending in the Rodney King trial?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)