|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Paula Weinstein and her husband Mark call a press conference on the day the verdict comes down?
(a) Nokia Theater.
(b) NBC Studios.
(c) Warner Brothers lot.
(d) Kodak Theater.
2. Whose story does Elaine Brown always tell young men who are drawn to the group by its guns?
(a) Jonathan Clarke.
(b) Jonathan Laurie.
(c) Jonathan Marie.
(d) Jonathan Jackson.
3. What example does Braun use to illustrate his point about justice?
(a) The duel between Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape.
(b) The Michael Jackson story.
(c) The story of Pontius Pilate and the trial of Christ.
(d) Pinnochio's story.
4. Where is the Reverend Tom Choi a minister at?
(a) Westwood Presbyterian Church.
(b) Anaheim's Presbyterian Church.
(c) Palo Alto's Presbyterian Church.
(d) Polo Lounge Presbyterian Church.
5. What is Owen Smet's current occupation?
(a) An assistant director in the Times Mirror Company.
(b) He works for the Culver City Police Department.
(c) A producer in Beverly Hills.
(d) A writer in New Jersey.
6. How long will it take to figure out what happens to the Black Panther Party, according to Elaine Brown?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Two years.
7. What statement does Bill Bradley make about race relations in the US?
(a) Everyone has a responsibility to try to improve race relations in the US.
(b) It is the government's responsibility to improve race relations in the US.
(c) The race relations in the US are in its most ideal state.
(d) There is no improvement that should be done in the race relations in the US.
8. According to Peter Sellars, what is the one thing that his father cares about?
9. Which statement best describes Twilight Bey's beliefs?
(a) Everything that occurs in the daytime creates what happens at night.
(b) Bad things happen at night.
(c) There is no afterlife.
(d) Bad things happen in daytime.
10. According to Hami Bhabha, what are the people trying to understand?
(a) The ambivalence of what happened in Los Angeles.
(b) The complete control of the police force over the rioters.
(c) The serenity of the riots.
(d) The calm among government officials.
11. How popular is Daryl Gates at the time of the riots?
(a) He was not so popular.
(b) He was not even known in the area.
(c) He was the most popular Republican in Los Angeles.
(d) He was as popular as Ronald Reagan.
12. Which statement best describes Twilight Bey's feelings?
(a) Like a child learning how to walk.
(b) Like a child lost in a field of corn.
(c) Like walking in the dark.
(d) Like he is stuck in limbo.
13. What comparison does Peter Sellars make about the United States and his father?
(a) They were both extravagant.
(b) They were both cheap.
(c) They both loved being over the top.
(d) They both loved guns.
14. Who is Harland W. Braun defending in the Rodney King trial?
(a) Lance Parker.
(b) Reginald Denny.
(c) Theodore Briseno.
(d) Chris Oh.
15. What statement does Otis Chandler make about wealthy American families?
(a) He did not make any statement about wealthy American families.
(b) Wealthy American families are the stronghold of local communities.
(c) Wealthy American families set a good example in how to be responsible citizens.
(d) They just waste their money instead of making real contributions to their communities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gun does Owen Smet start people out with?
2. What is Bill Bradley's position?
3. Why is Twilight Bey nicknamed "Twilight"?
4. What statement does Hami Bhabha make about twilight?
5. Who is with Betye Saar on the day the verdict is handed out?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)