|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Paul Parker make about the LAPD's efforts to find and arrest the people responsible for Reginald Denny's beating?
(a) It was inefficient since not enough violence was employed.
(b) The efforts were mostly a public relations program prompted by certain criticisms.
(c) It would have been done better if the FBI was involved.
(d) It shouldn't have been done in the first place.
2. What statement does Bill Bradley make about corporations and institutions?
(a) Corporations and institutions should donate more towards charitable causes.
(b) Corporations and institutions are doing their social obligations to the people.
(c) The moral power of corporations and institutions has to be brought to bear when colored people are treated unjustly.
(d) He does not make any statements about corporations and institutions.
3. What question does Braun pose in relation to the Rodney King trial?
(a) Where are Laurie and Tina?
(b) Why did they beat Reginald Denny?
(c) Is it the quest for truth or is the society protecting itself?
(d) Who are Powell and Koon?
4. How are Gladis Sibrian and her friends described by other people?
(a) Afraid of their own shadows.
(b) Idealistic and romantic.
(c) Aggressive and lazy.
(d) Ruthless and cunning.
5. How popular is Daryl Gates at the time of the riots?
(a) He was as popular as Ronald Reagan.
(b) He was not even known in the area.
(c) He was the most popular Republican in Los Angeles.
(d) He was not so popular.
6. What comparison does Peter Sellars make about the United States and his father?
(a) They both loved being over the top.
(b) They both loved guns.
(c) They were both extravagant.
(d) They were both cheap.
7. What is the young female student from the University of Southern California afraid of?
(a) That her parents might not be able to flee their house.
(b) That she might get trapped in the campus.
(c) That they might try to attack the sorority and fraternity houses on campus.
(d) That she might get raped by them.
8. Why is Twilight Bey nicknamed "Twilight"?
(a) He does not go out during the daytime.
(b) He is an albino.
(c) He is afraid of the sunlight.
(d) He stays out all night until the sun comes out.
9. Where does Owen Smet get his training to become a deadeye?
10. What statement does Hami Bhabha make about twilight?
(a) We see the sharp outlines visible in daylight when we look at the disturbance in twilight.
(b) There is no such thing as twilight.
(c) Everyone should consider reading the twilight.
(d) Twilight is an overrated, abused term.
11. How does Maxine Waters force her ideas onto lawmakers?
(a) By going into interviews on all radio stations.
(b) By pushing into meetings where she was not invited.
(c) By writing numerous press releases.
(d) By talking to them one by one in private.
12. What is Betye Saar's current occupation?
(a) Writer in Laurel Canyon.
(b) Artist in Laurel Canyon.
(c) Producer in Laurel Canyon.
(d) Manager in Laurel Canyon.
13. What is Bill Bradley's position?
(a) Democratic Senator from New Jersey.
(b) Republican Congressman from New Jersey.
(c) Democratic Congressman from New Jersey.
(d) Republican Senator from New Jersey.
14. What statement does Otis Chandler make about wealthy American families?
(a) He did not make any statement about wealthy American families.
(b) Wealthy American families are the stronghold of local communities.
(c) Wealthy American families set a good example in how to be responsible citizens.
(d) They just waste their money instead of making real contributions to their communities.
15. What book does Elaine Brown author?
(a) A Taste of Vinegar.
(b) A Taste of Acid.
(c) A Taste of Power.
(d) A Taste of Sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the membership at the Beverly Hills Gun Club increase after the riots?
2. Which statement best describes Twilight Bey's beliefs?
3. How long will it take to figure out what happens to the Black Panther Party, according to Elaine Brown?
4. How does Gladis Sibrian describe the riots?
5. Where else does Elaine Young go to because she does not want to be alone?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)