|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Otis Chandler feel towards improving things around him?
(a) He does not make any statement about the issue.
(b) Things can only be improved by throwing money around.
(c) Things are hopeless now no matter how much money there is.
(d) Things are not hopeless nor can everything be improved by throwing money around.
2. What is Elaine Brown's former occupation?
(a) Head of the Panthera Party.
(b) Head of the Revenge Party.
(c) Head of the Black People's Party.
(d) Head of the Black Panther Party.
3. According to Peter Sellars, what is the one thing that his father cares about?
4. What statement does Gates give on the reason why he is delayed in getting to where the trouble is?
(a) He had a hard time leaving the meeting and getting away.
(b) He couldn't find a cab to take him to where the riots were.
(c) He ran out of gas.
(d) Traffic was terrible, and he couldn't find an alternate route.
5. How many years does it take for everyone to forget about the commission and the commitments people have made?
6. What question does Braun pose in relation to the Rodney King trial?
(a) Why did they beat Reginald Denny?
(b) Who are Powell and Koon?
(c) Is it the quest for truth or is the society protecting itself?
(d) Where are Laurie and Tina?
7. What is Gladis Sibrian's nom de guerre?
8. What is the young female student from the University of Southern California afraid of?
(a) That she might get raped by them.
(b) That she might get trapped in the campus.
(c) That they might try to attack the sorority and fraternity houses on campus.
(d) That her parents might not be able to flee their house.
9. What statement does Bill Bradley make about the Rodney King beating?
(a) It was so unusual that a law has to be passed addressing it.
(b) It has nothing to do with him.
(c) It was a violation of human rights and should be totally penalized.
(d) It was nothing new.
10. What statement does Hami Bhabha make about twilight?
(a) Twilight is an overrated, abused term.
(b) We see the sharp outlines visible in daylight when we look at the disturbance in twilight.
(c) Everyone should consider reading the twilight.
(d) There is no such thing as twilight.
11. Which statement best describes Twilight Bey's beliefs?
(a) Everything that occurs in the daytime creates what happens at night.
(b) There is no afterlife.
(c) Bad things happen at night.
(d) Bad things happen in daytime.
12. What particular case is Bill Bradley upset about?
(a) An intern punched a partner in the face and nothing was reported.
(b) A law firm was sued by the LA police officers.
(c) A friend from a big LA law firm was molested and the law firm did not complain.
(d) A lawyer punched an intern and the intern just kept quiet.
13. According to Twilight Bey, what does "light" in the word "twilight" symbolize?
(a) The cranes flying at dusk.
(b) The shadow he makes at daytime.
(c) Knowledge and wisdom in the Koran and Holy Bible.
(d) The afterlife.
14. What gun does Owen Smet start people out with?
(a) A forty-five pistol.
(b) An AK-47.
(c) A nine millimeter.
(d) A thirty-eight.
15. Do Koreans receive welfare or food stamps?
(a) Not all the time.
(d) When it's raining hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What issues does Maxine Waters confront the President about?
2. Where does Maxine Waters give her speech after Daryl Gates resigns from the LAPD?
3. How does Twilight Bey describe himself?
4. What is Bill Bradley's position?
5. What complaint does Reverend Tom Choi hear about Koreans, Americans, and blacks?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)