|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Reverend Tom Choi a minister at?
(a) Palo Alto's Presbyterian Church.
(b) Westwood Presbyterian Church.
(c) Anaheim's Presbyterian Church.
(d) Polo Lounge Presbyterian Church.
2. How much does the membership at the Beverly Hills Gun Club increase after the riots?
(a) Fifty percent.
(b) Forty percent.
(c) Thirty percent.
(d) Twenty percent.
3. What is Betye Saar's current occupation?
(a) Writer in Laurel Canyon.
(b) Artist in Laurel Canyon.
(c) Manager in Laurel Canyon.
(d) Producer in Laurel Canyon.
4. Which statement best describes Twilight Bey's feelings?
(a) Like he is stuck in limbo.
(b) Like walking in the dark.
(c) Like a child learning how to walk.
(d) Like a child lost in a field of corn.
5. How does Otis Chandler feel towards improving things around him?
(a) Things are hopeless now no matter how much money there is.
(b) Things can only be improved by throwing money around.
(c) He does not make any statement about the issue.
(d) Things are not hopeless nor can everything be improved by throwing money around.
6. What particular case is Bill Bradley upset about?
(a) A lawyer punched an intern and the intern just kept quiet.
(b) A law firm was sued by the LA police officers.
(c) An intern punched a partner in the face and nothing was reported.
(d) A friend from a big LA law firm was molested and the law firm did not complain.
7. What statement does Paul Parker make about the LAPD's efforts to find and arrest the people responsible for Reginald Denny's beating?
(a) The efforts were mostly a public relations program prompted by certain criticisms.
(b) It was inefficient since not enough violence was employed.
(c) It shouldn't have been done in the first place.
(d) It would have been done better if the FBI was involved.
8. How does Hami Bhabha describe the "twilight"?
(a) A moment of total chaos.
(b) A moment of serenity.
(c) An in-between moment of ambivalence.
(d) A moment of total zen.
9. What statement does Bill Bradley make about race relations in the US?
(a) Everyone has a responsibility to try to improve race relations in the US.
(b) It is the government's responsibility to improve race relations in the US.
(c) The race relations in the US are in its most ideal state.
(d) There is no improvement that should be done in the race relations in the US.
10. What particular word does Paula Weinstein use in her press release that is objected to by the entertainment industry people?
11. What statement does Hami Bhabha make about twilight?
(a) Twilight is an overrated, abused term.
(b) Everyone should consider reading the twilight.
(c) There is no such thing as twilight.
(d) We see the sharp outlines visible in daylight when we look at the disturbance in twilight.
12. What kind of tax is Otis Chandler proposing to help raise the money for the community?
(a) Cigarette tax.
(b) Reading tax.
(c) Parking tax.
(d) Sales or gasoline tax.
13. According to Elaine Brown, where should people base their commitment if they want real change in society?
14. What do the police officers tell Braun's son in an encounter?
(a) They will find a way to hunt him down.
(b) They will kill him if he did not shut up.
(c) They will kill his dad if he did not shut up.
(d) They will put a screw through his chest if he did not shut up.
15. According to Hami Bhabha, what are the people trying to understand?
(a) The complete control of the police force over the rioters.
(b) The serenity of the riots.
(c) The calm among government officials.
(d) The ambivalence of what happened in Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Otis Chandler's occupation?
2. What is Owen Smet's past occupation?
3. How does Betye Saar describe the look of the sky that night when the riots began?
4. How should readers react to twilight, as recommended by Hami Bhabha?
5. What issues does Maxine Waters confront the President about?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)