|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gladis Sibrian's nom de guerre?
2. How does Twilight Bey describe himself?
(a) A stallion.
(b) A bullfrog.
(c) A watchdog.
(d) A pitbull.
3. What statement do the police give as a reason for Lance's arrest?
(a) Lance was into child slavery.
(b) Lance was a thief.
(c) Lance was a known gang member and a drug dealer.
(d) Lance was a pimp.
4. How are Gladis Sibrian and her friends described by other people?
(a) Aggressive and lazy.
(b) Idealistic and romantic.
(c) Afraid of their own shadows.
(d) Ruthless and cunning.
5. Why is Twilight Bey nicknamed "Twilight"?
(a) He is afraid of the sunlight.
(b) He is an albino.
(c) He stays out all night until the sun comes out.
(d) He does not go out during the daytime.
6. According to Hami Bhabha, what are the people trying to understand?
(a) The complete control of the police force over the rioters.
(b) The ambivalence of what happened in Los Angeles.
(c) The calm among government officials.
(d) The serenity of the riots.
7. How popular is Daryl Gates at the time of the riots?
(a) He was not even known in the area.
(b) He was as popular as Ronald Reagan.
(c) He was not so popular.
(d) He was the most popular Republican in Los Angeles.
8. How should readers react to twilight, as recommended by Hami Bhabha?
(a) Should follow a structured system.
(b) Reject the ideas of twilight.
(c) Should ignore it completely.
(d) More interpretive and creative way.
9. In what particular division is there no riot-related death, as is discovered by Gilmour?
(a) Beverly Hills Division in West LA.
(b) Palo Alto Division in East LA.
(c) Hollingback Division in East LA.
(d) Polo Lounge Division in East LA.
10. Which statement best describes Mrs. Young-soon Han's feelings?
(a) Korean immigrants get equal treatment.
(b) Korean immigrants should go home to Korea.
(c) Korean immigrants are victims of injustice.
(d) Korean immigrants take advantage of African-American.
11. What statement best describes Bill Bradley's stand on the laws of the land?
(a) He does not acknowledge that the law treats different people in different ways.
(b) He acknowledges that the law treats different people in different ways.
(c) He does not like discussing the laws and people.
(d) He is outraged that someone should suggest differences in the treatment of people.
12. How many years does it take for everyone to forget about the commission and the commitments people have made?
13. When Dean Gilmour is starting his investigation, how many deaths does he think there are?
14. Why is Harland Braun reluctant to take the case of defending an accused in the Rodney King trial?
(a) He didn't want to be involved in the case in any way.
(b) His client couldn't pay enough.
(c) He thought it was a racial beating.
(d) He thinks he is incompetent.
15. Where does Owen Smet get his training to become a deadeye?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Elaine Young, how long do people stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel?
2. What statement does Otis Chandler make about wealthy American families?
3. What particular word does Paula Weinstein use in her press release that is objected to by the entertainment industry people?
4. What statement does Bill Bradley make about race relations in the US?
5. How does Mrs. Young-coon Han describe America before the riots?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)