|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Evers go to the hospital immediately after she walks home from work?
(a) She forgot that it was time for her prenatal checkup.
(b) She just wanted to see how many have been wounded from the riots.
(c) She wanted to visit a friend who had been shot.
(d) She was shot and she was worried about the baby in her womb.
2. What happens to Chung Lee and to his family the day the Rodney King verdicts are announced?
(a) Their store was completely looted and later burned.
(b) They were forced to give up their money for the people who were rioting outside their store.
(c) They were mobbed by the angry supporters of Rodney King.
(d) They had to wait in line for food rations.
3. What statement does Big Al make about the Rodney King beating and the media attention it receives?
(a) There was nothing new about black people being beaten, it was just brought into public view this time.
(b) The media should not have been involved and the case will go away quietly.
(c) The media did not fairly potray Rodney King as a model black citizen.
(d) It would have been a normal routine procedure if not for the media exposure it received.
4. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(b) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
(c) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
(d) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
5. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
(b) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
(c) He was going to get their kids.
(d) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
6. According to Katie Miller, who does the looting in the Korean stores?
(a) White Americans.
7. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
(a) He devotes himself to organizing riots against policemen.
(b) He devotes himself to looking for a cure for blindness.
(c) He devotes himself to fighting police abuse.
(d) He devotes himself to looking for ways to make the city pay the civilian.
8. While confined in the hospital on morphine, Reginald Denny remembers some characters coming to see him. Who are they?
(a) Reverend Jesse Jackson and Arsenio Hall.
(b) Tyra Banks and Eddie Murphy.
(c) Denzel Washington and Lawrence Martin.
(d) Oprah Winfrey and Will Smith.
9. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
(a) He was terrified for the first time in his life.
(b) He suddenly cried and couldn't stop himself from crying.
(c) He had never known riots could be so exciting.
(d) He suddenly felt heroic and wanted to protect the women and children he saw.
10. Why is Josie Morales never called to testify for the trial of Rodney King?
(a) She was told that her testimony contradicted that of another witness, Melanie Singer.
(b) Because she is a woman.
(c) Because she did come forward and expressed willingness to testify.
(d) Because she is not all-American.
11. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
(a) It was like witnessing a kangaroo give birth.
(b) It was like being deaf and blind for a few minutes.
(c) It was like going into a war.
(d) Tthere was nothing like it.
12. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
(a) Officer Powell is an expert at the use of police baton.
(b) Officer Powell shouldn't have been allowed to use the police baton at all.
(c) The police baton Officer Powell was using was substandard and therefore offered no force.
(d) Officer Powell was not using his polce baton effectively.
13. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
(a) These need to be regularly updated, perhaps via a biannual workshop among the workforce.
(b) Since chokeholds became forbidden, there will be an increase in lawsuits because police officers will instead be using their batons.
(c) It was just proper that it was banned from being used.
(d) It should never have been invented in the first place.
14. What does Walter Park talk about during the interview?
(a) His want to return to Korea and about how lonely he feels.
(b) His courage during the riots.
(c) His love for his wife and stepson.
(d) His younger days in Korea.
15. Who took a video of the beating from their helicopter over the intersection of Florence and Normandie?
(a) John and Murika Tur.
(b) Judith Tur and her cameraman.
(c) Murika and Judith Tur.
(d) John and Judith Tur.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Park describe her ordeal during Mr. Park's hospitalization?
2. What assurance does Walter Park hold on to, despite the fact that his wife is not expressive?
3. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
4. What is Proposition F?
5. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)