|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
(a) She curses all the policemen in the world.
(b) She cries.
(c) She does not show any emotion.
(d) She raises her voice in anger.
2. What specific skills is Oh concerned about; one that his father can no longer perform?
3. What does Walter Park talk about during the interview?
(a) His courage during the riots.
(b) His want to return to Korea and about how lonely he feels.
(c) His younger days in Korea.
(d) His love for his wife and stepson.
4. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
(a) It was like being deaf and blind for a few minutes.
(b) Tthere was nothing like it.
(c) It was like witnessing a kangaroo give birth.
(d) It was like going into a war.
5. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(b) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
(c) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(d) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
6. Why does Josie Morales' husband want to go inside and stop watching?
(a) He was afraid to watch because he grew up in Mexico where police abuse is prevalent.
(b) He was afraid that Rodney King might call to them for help.
(c) He was afraid that they might be seen and be involved.
(d) He was afraid that they will be asked to testify in the trial.
7. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
(a) Michael Zinzun is not at all blind in one eye.
(b) During a riot, one of the policemen hit him in the eye with a flashlight.
(c) In one of the riots he attended, there was a stray bullet which hit him on the left eye.
(d) He was frying pancakes one time and the sizzling butter zinged his right eye.
8. How much fine does Julio Menjivar have to pay as a result of his arrest?
9. What time does Tom Bradley and his staff plan to go to the media to issue a statement on their reaction to the verdict?
(a) Five o'clock in the afternoon.
(b) Six o'clock in the afternoon.
(c) Eight o'clock the following morning.
(d) Four o'clock in the afternoon.
10. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) Allison's speech.
(b) Tiny's funeral.
(c) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
(d) The general assembly of the police in the area.
11. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because of their experience in fighting.
(b) Because of the number of people they have killed.
(c) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
(d) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
12. Why does Josie Morales keep watching the beating of Rodney King from her apartment?
(a) She believes that what the police were doing was a wrong thing and she wanted to be able to testify at the trial.
(b) She was waiting for an opportunity to help Rodney King.
(c) She was enjoying the beating of Rodney King.
(d) She was waiting for an opportunity to discuss with her neighbors.
13. Who arrives at the scene of the looting, and also eventually harms Julio Menjivar?
(a) The Los Angeles Police.
(b) The National Guard.
(c) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(d) The Crime Scene Investigation Unit.
14. What statement does Tom Bradley eventually make when the verdict is announced?
(a) Outrage at the verdict, but he discouraged violence.
(b) He suddenly changed his mind and chose not to give any statement.
(c) He said that the judicial system once again worked.
(d) Support for the verdict and the jurors.
15. In what state is Walter Park in while he is being interviewed?
(a) Connected to a life support system.
(b) With Alzheimer's disease.
(c) Healthy and vibrant.
(d) Brain-damaged and heavily sedated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
2. How does Elvira Evers describe the looting that goes on after the Rodney King verdict?
3. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
4. While confined in the hospital on morphine, Reginald Denny remembers some characters coming to see him. Who are they?
5. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)