|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
(b) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
(c) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
(d) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
2. What reassurance does the police officer give to the jurors on the bus whom he is escorting to the courthouse?
(a) There is no need to worry if people threw rocks and bottles because the windows of the bus were bulletproof.
(b) The people gathered in front of the courthouse did not care about the jurors, and therefore did not notice them.
(c) Everything will be forgotten in a week, so jurors should better come up with a verdict then.
(d) People don't recognize them anyway and that the commotion was very much a normal one.
3. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) That he looked so young for his age.
(b) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
(c) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
(d) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
4. Who arrives at the scene of the looting, and also eventually harms Julio Menjivar?
(a) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(b) The National Guard.
(c) The Crime Scene Investigation Unit.
(d) The Los Angeles Police.
5. Who is Chung Lee?
(a) The dead man who fell in the tall building.
(b) A passerby who witnessed the beating of Rodney King.
(c) The president of the Korean-American Victims Association.
(d) The chief of police for the Korean community in the area.
6. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
(a) It is where learning skills and a person's basic characteristics are.
(b) It pumps blood from the heart to the brain.
(c) It lets a person smell.
(d) It enables a person to distinguish colors.
7. What happens when Captain Lane Haywood gets up on the roof to handle the fire better?
(a) The roof collapses and he becomes trapped in the fire.
(b) It suddenly rains.
(c) Some of the rioters stop him from coming down.
(d) He finds himself and his men targets of the gunfire.
8. What reason does Katie Miller give to explain why Korean stores are burned in black neighborhoods?
(a) The prices in the stores were higher for blacks than for Koreans.
(b) Blacks were not allowed inside the stores.
(c) Koreans never tried to get to know the people that came into the stores.
(d) Koreans were really a snob race.
9. According to Reginald Denny, why do people become upset whenever he gets his truck off the freeway?
(a) He drives like a madman.
(b) He honks his horn very loudly whenever he makes a turn.
(c) He takes up a lot of space when turning because his truck is so big.
(d) His truck is a very noisy truck.
10. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
(a) That under no circumstances should he shoot someone in broad daylight.
(b) That there is poetic justice in shooting someone in broad daylight.
(c) That most people will run away scared immediately instead of taking time to identify the shooter.
(d) He doesn't offer any belief or idea whatsoever on the topic.
11. To what movie does the anonymous Hollywood agent compare the scene he sees in the garage with many people running?
(a) Terminator 2.
(b) Independence Day.
(d) The Day After Tomorrow.
12. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
13. What do the doctors at the hospital tell Evers?
(a) The baby caught the bullet in her arms, which saved both Evers and the baby.
(b) The baby will have a sustained sickness from the bullet.
(c) The baby cannot live longer than seven days.
(d) The baby will be deaf because of the loud shot it heard.
14. What are "choke holds"?
(a) These are the techniques in using a police baton effectively.
(b) It is a slang for choking a subject to death.
(c) These are upper body control holds which the LAPD used in the past.
(d) It is a choker worn by a police officer to identify him as an expert in choke methods.
15. Who are the "curious people"?
(a) They are the bag ladies loitering the streets of Los Angeles.
(b) They are the old ladies in the neighborhood of Los Angeles, who tend to pry in all the happenings around them.
(c) They are the gangs of Los Angeles whom Stanley K. Sheinbaum had a chance to talk to.
(d) They are the kids of Los Angeles who have an overwhelming curiosity about everything around them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
2. What statement does the anonymous juror from Simi Valley make about his involvement in the Rodney King trial?
3. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
4. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
5. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)