|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
(b) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
(c) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
(d) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
2. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
(a) It enables a person to distinguish colors.
(b) It lets a person smell.
(c) It pumps blood from the heart to the brain.
(d) It is where learning skills and a person's basic characteristics are.
3. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $1.2 million.
(b) $12 million.
(c) $3 million.
(d) $2.1 million.
4. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
(a) He devotes himself to looking for a cure for blindness.
(b) He devotes himself to organizing riots against policemen.
(c) He devotes himself to fighting police abuse.
(d) He devotes himself to looking for ways to make the city pay the civilian.
5. What specific skills is Oh concerned about; one that his father can no longer perform?
6. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
(a) That the youth of today value their parents very much.
(b) That the youth of today are intelligent human beings who think about society.
(c) That there is a generation that refuses to commit suicide.
(d) That there is still hope among the youth of today.
7. Which particular incident after the trial makes the anonymous juror from Simi Valley most upset?
(a) Receiving a letter from one angry follower of the case, asking if he knew that people were dying and burning buildings in South LA because of him.
(b) Receiving a letter from the Ku Klux Klan pledging support and inviting him to join the organization.
(c) Receiving a phone call from Angela King asking how he can sleep at night.
(d) Receiving a death threat from the family members of Rodney King.
8. What time does Tom Bradley and his staff plan to go to the media to issue a statement on their reaction to the verdict?
(a) Four o'clock in the afternoon.
(b) Six o'clock in the afternoon.
(c) Eight o'clock the following morning.
(d) Five o'clock in the afternoon.
9. Who is shot during the looting of Richard Kim's appliance store?
(a) Richard Kim's sister.
(b) Richard Kim's father.
(c) Richard Kim.
(d) Richard Kim's mother.
10. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
(a) The current environment of fear has made the credibility of the police somewhat more questionable.
(b) He says that he would rather consult a crystal ball than listen to a police officer.
(c) The beatings featured in the news has even intensified the police's credibility.
(d) The environment of fear created by the acts of the police have raised the credibility of the force.
11. Why is Josie Morales never called to testify for the trial of Rodney King?
(a) Because she is not all-American.
(b) She was told that her testimony contradicted that of another witness, Melanie Singer.
(c) Because she is a woman.
(d) Because she did come forward and expressed willingness to testify.
12. Why does Evers go to the hospital immediately after she walks home from work?
(a) She forgot that it was time for her prenatal checkup.
(b) She just wanted to see how many have been wounded from the riots.
(c) She was shot and she was worried about the baby in her womb.
(d) She wanted to visit a friend who had been shot.
13. Why does Josie Morales' husband want to go inside and stop watching?
(a) He was afraid to watch because he grew up in Mexico where police abuse is prevalent.
(b) He was afraid that they might be seen and be involved.
(c) He was afraid that they will be asked to testify in the trial.
(d) He was afraid that Rodney King might call to them for help.
14. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
(a) The police like to make killings in a very discreet manner.
(b) She does not say anything about the subject.
(c) The police don't like killing at all.
(d) The police like to make killings look like drive-by shootings.
15. How does Stephen, Salas' son, handle his encounter with the policeman in which the policeman put a gun to his head?
(a) He wrote to all the major dailies to tell them of the abuse.
(b) He told his father about it as soon as he came home.
(c) Stephen did not tell his father right away.
(d) He made a complaint about the policeman in the nearest police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Katie Miller give to explain why Korean stores are burned in black neighborhoods?
2. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
3. According to Chris Oh, how is his father shot, based on the story he hears?
4. To what movie does the anonymous Hollywood agent compare the scene he sees in the garage with many people running?
5. Who are the "curious people"?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)