|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shot during the looting of Richard Kim's appliance store?
(a) Richard Kim.
(b) Richard Kim's mother.
(c) Richard Kim's sister.
(d) Richard Kim's father.
2. To what movie does the anonymous Hollywood agent compare the scene he sees in the garage with many people running?
(a) Terminator 2.
(b) The Day After Tomorrow.
(c) Independence Day.
3. According to Katie Miller, who does the looting in the Korean stores?
(b) White Americans.
4. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to get their kids.
(b) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
(c) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
(d) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
5. Why does Josie Morales' husband want to go inside and stop watching?
(a) He was afraid that they might be seen and be involved.
(b) He was afraid to watch because he grew up in Mexico where police abuse is prevalent.
(c) He was afraid that they will be asked to testify in the trial.
(d) He was afraid that Rodney King might call to them for help.
6. Who shoots Walter Park, according to the African-American woman in the car behind him?
(a) A Mexican.
(b) A Korean.
(c) An Asian.
(d) An African-American.
7. What action plan do the upper middle class in the Beverly Hills restaurant talk about in relation to the riots?
(a) Buying a gun.
(b) Hiring private security.
(c) Hiding in their homes.
(d) Leaving town.
8. How does Elvira Evers describe the looting that goes on after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) Colored people looted only from white-owned stores and vice versa.
(b) Everyone was taking things and was acting as if they were at a carnival.
(c) Everyone united in looting, conspiring to get the most out of the stores.
(d) There wasn't any looting that took place after the verdict.
9. What particular incident makes Viola go into shock?
(a) A girl with a briefcase hit a man repeatedly and left him for dead.
(b) A kid with a nine-millimeter gun pointed in his general direction, who told him that he was going to kill him.
(c) A kid with a nine-millimeter gun shot a man to death in front of him.
(d) A man with a briefcase hit a girl on her head and left her for dead.
10. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(b) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(c) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
(d) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
11. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
12. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
(a) That there is a generation that refuses to commit suicide.
(b) That the youth of today are intelligent human beings who think about society.
(c) That there is still hope among the youth of today.
(d) That the youth of today value their parents very much.
13. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
(a) It should never have been invented in the first place.
(b) Since chokeholds became forbidden, there will be an increase in lawsuits because police officers will instead be using their batons.
(c) These need to be regularly updated, perhaps via a biannual workshop among the workforce.
(d) It was just proper that it was banned from being used.
14. How much fine does Julio Menjivar have to pay as a result of his arrest?
15. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $2.1 million.
(b) $1.2 million.
(c) $12 million.
(d) $3 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
2. At the time when the Hollywood agent is dining in one of the Beverly Hills restaurants, what building is burned, which leads to even more fear among the people?
3. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
4. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
5. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)