|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image does Anonymous Man project when he moves to the valley?
(a) A one-man army that did not need any homeboys.
(b) An image of someone who is at close ties with the police.
(c) A very wealthy gang member.
(d) An image of being a nobody.
2. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
(a) The police like to make killings look like drive-by shootings.
(b) The police don't like killing at all.
(c) The police like to make killings in a very discreet manner.
(d) She does not say anything about the subject.
3. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they were not raised in a racist way.
(b) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
(c) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
(d) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
4. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
(a) He founded an organization whose sole aim is to keep track of the movements of the policemen in his community.
(b) He maintained a community newspaper that printed only stories about policemen.
(c) A strong admiration for police officers.
(d) A strong hatred for white police officers.
5. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
(a) From the fact that gringos are unreasonable people, as he experienced in his encounter with them in Mexico.
(b) From being brainstormed by his wife, who had a bad experience with gringos.
(c) From fighting against the gringos when Pershing went after Pancho Villa in Chihuahua.
(d) From his childhood, when he was being bullied by gringos in his hometown.
6. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(b) Tiny's funeral.
(c) Allison's speech.
(d) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
7. What is the vision in the early 1960s, according to Mike Davis?
(a) Black kids can be surfers, too.
(b) Black kids should be separated from white kids.
(c) Black kids should be given twice the challenges that white kids endure.
(d) Black kids should be given special treatment.
8. What does Walter Park talk about during the interview?
(a) His younger days in Korea.
(b) His courage during the riots.
(c) His love for his wife and stepson.
(d) His want to return to Korea and about how lonely he feels.
9. What is Chris Oh's occupation?
(a) A medical student.
(b) A registered nurse.
(c) A translator.
(d) A cashier.
10. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
11. According to Chris Oh, what happens at the time Walter Park is shot?
(a) He was unable to stop his car and bumped his head on the windshield.
(b) He stepped on the accelerator and ran down a kid.
(c) He was talking to somebody on the phone when he hit a telephone pole.
(d) He pressed down on his car's accelerator and ran into a telephone pole.
12. While confined in the hospital on morphine, Reginald Denny remembers some characters coming to see him. Who are they?
(a) Oprah Winfrey and Will Smith.
(b) Tyra Banks and Eddie Murphy.
(c) Reverend Jesse Jackson and Arsenio Hall.
(d) Denzel Washington and Lawrence Martin.
13. What time does Tom Bradley and his staff plan to go to the media to issue a statement on their reaction to the verdict?
(a) Four o'clock in the afternoon.
(b) Eight o'clock the following morning.
(c) Five o'clock in the afternoon.
(d) Six o'clock in the afternoon.
14. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
(b) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
(c) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
(d) He was going to get their kids.
15. What are "choke holds"?
(a) These are the techniques in using a police baton effectively.
(b) These are upper body control holds which the LAPD used in the past.
(c) It is a choker worn by a police officer to identify him as an expert in choke methods.
(d) It is a slang for choking a subject to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
2. In what state is Walter Park in while he is being interviewed?
3. What statement does Big Al make about the Rodney King beating and the media attention it receives?
4. According to Big Al, what could Denny have been trying to do by driving his truck down a residential street?
5. What reason does Katie Miller give to explain why Korean stores are burned in black neighborhoods?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)