|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
(a) A car.
(b) A black cat.
(c) A dead man.
(d) A rock.
2. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
(a) The police ignored them because they were playing a game of poker.
(b) The police quickly helped them, which prevented their store from being looted.
(c) The police asked for money before assisting them.
(d) There were no police to be found when the looting of their applicance store started.
3. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
(a) When he met them in the parking lot of a grocery store in Mexico.
(b) When he fought with them over a can of beer in a bar in Mexico.
(c) When he went to school with them and was forbidden from sitting beside them.
(d) When he went to first grade and he was told that he was inferior because he was Mexican.
4. According to Katie Miller, who does the looting in the Korean stores?
(a) White Americans.
5. What happens to Chung Lee and to his family the day the Rodney King verdicts are announced?
(a) They had to wait in line for food rations.
(b) Their store was completely looted and later burned.
(c) They were mobbed by the angry supporters of Rodney King.
(d) They were forced to give up their money for the people who were rioting outside their store.
6. According to Chris Oh, how is his father shot, based on the story he hears?
(a) At close range, execution style.
(b) From the back of the car.
(c) By a sniper from the building near his father's car.
(d) From a distance.
7. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
(a) From his childhood, when he was being bullied by gringos in his hometown.
(b) From the fact that gringos are unreasonable people, as he experienced in his encounter with them in Mexico.
(c) From fighting against the gringos when Pershing went after Pancho Villa in Chihuahua.
(d) From being brainstormed by his wife, who had a bad experience with gringos.
8. What does Walter Park talk about during the interview?
(a) His want to return to Korea and about how lonely he feels.
(b) His younger days in Korea.
(c) His love for his wife and stepson.
(d) His courage during the riots.
9. Why does Josie Morales' husband want to go inside and stop watching?
(a) He was afraid that they will be asked to testify in the trial.
(b) He was afraid to watch because he grew up in Mexico where police abuse is prevalent.
(c) He was afraid that Rodney King might call to them for help.
(d) He was afraid that they might be seen and be involved.
10. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
(a) Several men beating Reginald Denny, as well as some women taking pictures of the beating.
(b) Several women fleeing the scene, leaving their cameras in the process.
(c) Several policemen talking to themselves, apparently discussing their strategy.
(d) Rodney King exchanging a few angry words with the policemen.
11. What reassurance does the police officer give to the jurors on the bus whom he is escorting to the courthouse?
(a) There is no need to worry if people threw rocks and bottles because the windows of the bus were bulletproof.
(b) Everything will be forgotten in a week, so jurors should better come up with a verdict then.
(c) The people gathered in front of the courthouse did not care about the jurors, and therefore did not notice them.
(d) People don't recognize them anyway and that the commotion was very much a normal one.
12. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
(a) The current environment of fear has made the credibility of the police somewhat more questionable.
(b) The environment of fear created by the acts of the police have raised the credibility of the force.
(c) He says that he would rather consult a crystal ball than listen to a police officer.
(d) The beatings featured in the news has even intensified the police's credibility.
13. According to Mrs. Park, how do the police come to know Mr. Park in the Compton area?
(a) He gives them money every Christmas.
(b) He provides their booze for free.
(c) He had opened his store for them one time.
(d) He had donated a lot of money to the Compton area.
14. What do the doctors at the hospital tell Evers?
(a) The baby will be deaf because of the loud shot it heard.
(b) The baby will have a sustained sickness from the bullet.
(c) The baby caught the bullet in her arms, which saved both Evers and the baby.
(d) The baby cannot live longer than seven days.
15. Who is shot during the looting of Richard Kim's appliance store?
(a) Richard Kim's sister.
(b) Richard Kim.
(c) Richard Kim's mother.
(d) Richard Kim's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots Walter Park, according to the African-American woman in the car behind him?
2. According to Chris Oh, what happens at the time Walter Park is shot?
3. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
4. What statement does the anonymous juror from Simi Valley make about his involvement in the Rodney King trial?
5. What statement does Tom Bradley eventually make when the verdict is announced?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)