Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Tom Bradley eventually make when the verdict is announced?
(a) Outrage at the verdict, but he discouraged violence.
(b) He said that the judicial system once again worked.
(c) Support for the verdict and the jurors.
(d) He suddenly changed his mind and chose not to give any statement.
2. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(b) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(c) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(d) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
3. What action plan do the upper middle class in the Beverly Hills restaurant talk about in relation to the riots?
(a) Hiding in their homes.
(b) Hiring private security.
(c) Buying a gun.
(d) Leaving town.
4. What does Walter Park talk about during the interview?
(a) His younger days in Korea.
(b) His courage during the riots.
(c) His love for his wife and stepson.
(d) His want to return to Korea and about how lonely he feels.
5. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
(a) When he went to school with them and was forbidden from sitting beside them.
(b) When he went to first grade and he was told that he was inferior because he was Mexican.
(c) When he fought with them over a can of beer in a bar in Mexico.
(d) When he met them in the parking lot of a grocery store in Mexico.
6. What comment does Julio Menjivar hear from the police officers who are passing by the looting scene?
(a) A threat about starting a fire in the neighborhood.
(b) A joke about how pleasant it would be if a fire was started.
(c) An expression of fear.
(d) They said that it was fine that they were destroying their own neighborhood.
7. According to Reginald Denny, why do people become upset whenever he gets his truck off the freeway?
(a) He honks his horn very loudly whenever he makes a turn.
(b) His truck is a very noisy truck.
(c) He takes up a lot of space when turning because his truck is so big.
(d) He drives like a madman.
8. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
(a) The police quickly helped them, which prevented their store from being looted.
(b) There were no police to be found when the looting of their applicance store started.
(c) The police ignored them because they were playing a game of poker.
(d) The police asked for money before assisting them.
9. What image does Anonymous Man project when he moves to the valley?
(a) A one-man army that did not need any homeboys.
(b) An image of someone who is at close ties with the police.
(c) A very wealthy gang member.
(d) An image of being a nobody.
10. In what state is Walter Park in while he is being interviewed?
(a) Healthy and vibrant.
(b) With Alzheimer's disease.
(c) Connected to a life support system.
(d) Brain-damaged and heavily sedated.
11. What specific skills is Oh concerned about; one that his father can no longer perform?
12. Who is Chung Lee?
(a) The dead man who fell in the tall building.
(b) A passerby who witnessed the beating of Rodney King.
(c) The chief of police for the Korean community in the area.
(d) The president of the Korean-American Victims Association.
13. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
(a) It pumps blood from the heart to the brain.
(b) It is where learning skills and a person's basic characteristics are.
(c) It enables a person to distinguish colors.
(d) It lets a person smell.
14. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
(a) It was like going into a war.
(b) It was like witnessing a kangaroo give birth.
(c) It was like being deaf and blind for a few minutes.
(d) Tthere was nothing like it.
15. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
(b) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(c) Tiny's funeral.
(d) Allison's speech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Josie Morales' husband want to go inside and stop watching?
2. What incident does Big Al describe in which he realizes that the conditions in which he lives are so dangerous that everyone must be qualified to carry firearms?
3. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
4. According to Katie Miller, who does the looting in the Korean stores?
5. Which particular incident after the trial makes the anonymous juror from Simi Valley most upset?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)