|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reginald Denny, why do people become upset whenever he gets his truck off the freeway?
(a) He honks his horn very loudly whenever he makes a turn.
(b) His truck is a very noisy truck.
(c) He drives like a madman.
(d) He takes up a lot of space when turning because his truck is so big.
2. What statement does Tom Bradley eventually make when the verdict is announced?
(a) Outrage at the verdict, but he discouraged violence.
(b) Support for the verdict and the jurors.
(c) He suddenly changed his mind and chose not to give any statement.
(d) He said that the judicial system once again worked.
3. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $2.1 million.
(b) $12 million.
(c) $1.2 million.
(d) $3 million.
4. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
(a) A car.
(b) A rock.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A dead man.
5. What happens to Chung Lee and to his family the day the Rodney King verdicts are announced?
(a) They were mobbed by the angry supporters of Rodney King.
(b) They were forced to give up their money for the people who were rioting outside their store.
(c) Their store was completely looted and later burned.
(d) They had to wait in line for food rations.
6. In what language does Chung Lee tell his story?
(b) Mandarin Chinese.
7. According to Chris Oh, how is his father shot, based on the story he hears?
(a) From a distance.
(b) From the back of the car.
(c) At close range, execution style.
(d) By a sniper from the building near his father's car.
8. What is the vision in the early 1960s, according to Mike Davis?
(a) Black kids can be surfers, too.
(b) Black kids should be given twice the challenges that white kids endure.
(c) Black kids should be separated from white kids.
(d) Black kids should be given special treatment.
9. What does Denny plan to put up in his own house someday to remember the people who have saved him?
(a) A room dedicated to the riots.
(b) A painting of Rodney King.
(c) A picture mosaic of the images of the riot.
(d) A painting of the scene of the riots.
10. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
(a) The police quickly helped them, which prevented their store from being looted.
(b) The police ignored them because they were playing a game of poker.
(c) There were no police to be found when the looting of their applicance store started.
(d) The police asked for money before assisting them.
11. While confined in the hospital on morphine, Reginald Denny remembers some characters coming to see him. Who are they?
(a) Denzel Washington and Lawrence Martin.
(b) Oprah Winfrey and Will Smith.
(c) Tyra Banks and Eddie Murphy.
(d) Reverend Jesse Jackson and Arsenio Hall.
12. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
(a) It lets a person smell.
(b) It is where learning skills and a person's basic characteristics are.
(c) It enables a person to distinguish colors.
(d) It pumps blood from the heart to the brain.
13. Who shoots Walter Park, according to the African-American woman in the car behind him?
(a) A Korean.
(b) An African-American.
(c) An Asian.
(d) A Mexican.
14. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
(a) She does not show any emotion.
(b) She curses all the policemen in the world.
(c) She cries.
(d) She raises her voice in anger.
15. How much fine does Julio Menjivar have to pay as a result of his arrest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does Julio Menjivar hear from the police officers who are passing by the looting scene?
2. What assurance does Walter Park hold on to, despite the fact that his wife is not expressive?
3. What statement does the anonymous juror from Simi Valley make about his involvement in the Rodney King trial?
4. What is Chris Oh's occupation?
5. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)