|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Josie Morales keep watching the beating of Rodney King from her apartment?
(a) She was waiting for an opportunity to discuss with her neighbors.
(b) She was waiting for an opportunity to help Rodney King.
(c) She believes that what the police were doing was a wrong thing and she wanted to be able to testify at the trial.
(d) She was enjoying the beating of Rodney King.
2. What action plan do the upper middle class in the Beverly Hills restaurant talk about in relation to the riots?
(a) Hiding in their homes.
(b) Hiring private security.
(c) Leaving town.
(d) Buying a gun.
3. According to Chris Oh, how is his father shot, based on the story he hears?
(a) At close range, execution style.
(b) From the back of the car.
(c) By a sniper from the building near his father's car.
(d) From a distance.
4. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
(a) He was frying pancakes one time and the sizzling butter zinged his right eye.
(b) In one of the riots he attended, there was a stray bullet which hit him on the left eye.
(c) During a riot, one of the policemen hit him in the eye with a flashlight.
(d) Michael Zinzun is not at all blind in one eye.
5. In what state is Walter Park in while he is being interviewed?
(a) With Alzheimer's disease.
(b) Healthy and vibrant.
(c) Brain-damaged and heavily sedated.
(d) Connected to a life support system.
6. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
(a) He devotes himself to organizing riots against policemen.
(b) He devotes himself to fighting police abuse.
(c) He devotes himself to looking for ways to make the city pay the civilian.
(d) He devotes himself to looking for a cure for blindness.
7. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
8. What are "choke holds"?
(a) These are upper body control holds which the LAPD used in the past.
(b) These are the techniques in using a police baton effectively.
(c) It is a choker worn by a police officer to identify him as an expert in choke methods.
(d) It is a slang for choking a subject to death.
9. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
(a) The police don't like killing at all.
(b) The police like to make killings look like drive-by shootings.
(c) She does not say anything about the subject.
(d) The police like to make killings in a very discreet manner.
10. Who shoots Walter Park, according to the African-American woman in the car behind him?
(a) A Korean.
(b) An Asian.
(c) An African-American.
(d) A Mexican.
11. Why does Evers go to the hospital immediately after she walks home from work?
(a) She just wanted to see how many have been wounded from the riots.
(b) She wanted to visit a friend who had been shot.
(c) She forgot that it was time for her prenatal checkup.
(d) She was shot and she was worried about the baby in her womb.
12. What is Chris Oh's occupation?
(a) A registered nurse.
(b) A medical student.
(c) A cashier.
(d) A translator.
13. Who are the "curious people"?
(a) They are the old ladies in the neighborhood of Los Angeles, who tend to pry in all the happenings around them.
(b) They are the bag ladies loitering the streets of Los Angeles.
(c) They are the kids of Los Angeles who have an overwhelming curiosity about everything around them.
(d) They are the gangs of Los Angeles whom Stanley K. Sheinbaum had a chance to talk to.
14. What incident does Big Al describe in which he realizes that the conditions in which he lives are so dangerous that everyone must be qualified to carry firearms?
(a) A man with a gun used it to buy bubble gums.
(b) A man at a bubble gum machine pulled a gun on him once.
(c) He saw a six-year old child carrying a real gun.
(d) A man with his baby walked into a gun store and bought a gun while the baby looked on.
15. According to Reginald Denny, why do people become upset whenever he gets his truck off the freeway?
(a) He drives like a madman.
(b) He takes up a lot of space when turning because his truck is so big.
(c) He honks his horn very loudly whenever he makes a turn.
(d) His truck is a very noisy truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time when the Hollywood agent is dining in one of the Beverly Hills restaurants, what building is burned, which leads to even more fear among the people?
2. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
3. Why does Josie Morales' husband want to go inside and stop watching?
4. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
5. In what language does Chung Lee tell his story?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)