Short Answer Key
Prologue, My Enemy | The Territory, These Curious People
1. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
From fighting against the gringos when Pershing went after Pancho Villa in Chihuahua.
2. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
When he went to first grade and he was told that he was inferior because he was Mexican.
3. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
4. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
A strong hatred for white police officers.
5. How does Stephen, Salas' son, handle his encounter with the policeman in which the policeman put a gun to his head?
Stephen did not tell his father right away.
6. Who are the "curious people"?
They are the gangs of Los Angeles whom Stanley K. Sheinbaum had a chance...
This section contains 3,860 words|
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)