|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Justice, Lucia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Betye Saar describe the look of the sky that night when the riots began?
(a) Like lightning but no rain.
(b) It hints of pleasant surprises to come.
(c) A limbo time.
(d) There is nothing unusual about the sky that night.
2. According to Elaine Young, how long do people stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel?
(a) Until six in the evening.
(b) They did not stay at the hotel at all.
(c) Until three or four in the morning.
(d) Until midnight.
3. What reason does Katie Miller give to explain why Korean stores are burned in black neighborhoods?
(a) Blacks were not allowed inside the stores.
(b) The prices in the stores were higher for blacks than for Koreans.
(c) Koreans were really a snob race.
(d) Koreans never tried to get to know the people that came into the stores.
4. What action plan do the upper middle class in the Beverly Hills restaurant talk about in relation to the riots?
(a) Hiding in their homes.
(b) Leaving town.
(c) Buying a gun.
(d) Hiring private security.
5. According to Hami Bhabha, what are the people trying to understand?
(a) The calm among government officials.
(b) The serenity of the riots.
(c) The complete control of the police force over the rioters.
(d) The ambivalence of what happened in Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
2. What happens to Chung Lee and to his family the day the Rodney King verdicts are announced?
3. How long will it take to figure out what happens to the Black Panther Party, according to Elaine Brown?
4. How does Elvira Evers describe the looting that goes on after the Rodney King verdict?
5. What statement does Big Al make about the Rodney King beating and the media attention it receives?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)