|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Justice, Lucia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
(a) A black cat crossed the road.
(b) He saw a billboard that says "Stop, turn around."
(c) He saw a black BMW driven by an African-American woman, who had a hammer in her hand.
(d) A bucket of paint from a very tall building fell on the road, splashing red paint which looked like blood.
2. Where else does Elaine Young go to because she does not want to be alone?
(a) City Center.
(b) Polo Lounge.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Beverly Center.
3. How are Gladis Sibrian and her friends described by other people?
(a) Afraid of their own shadows.
(b) Idealistic and romantic.
(c) Aggressive and lazy.
(d) Ruthless and cunning.
4. What statement does Bill Bradley make about the Rodney King beating?
(a) It was nothing new.
(b) It was a violation of human rights and should be totally penalized.
(c) It was so unusual that a law has to be passed addressing it.
(d) It has nothing to do with him.
5. Which particular incident after the trial makes the anonymous juror from Simi Valley most upset?
(a) Receiving a death threat from the family members of Rodney King.
(b) Receiving a letter from one angry follower of the case, asking if he knew that people were dying and burning buildings in South LA because of him.
(c) Receiving a phone call from Angela King asking how he can sleep at night.
(d) Receiving a letter from the Ku Klux Klan pledging support and inviting him to join the organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time when the Hollywood agent is dining in one of the Beverly Hills restaurants, what building is burned, which leads to even more fear among the people?
2. What is established right after the Watts riots?
3. What is "a badge of courage" as referred to in the story?
4. Why is Harland Braun reluctant to take the case of defending an accused in the Rodney King trial?
5. How does Betye Saar describe the look of the sky that night when the riots began?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)