|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Justice, Lucia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
(a) He was in a meeting with other policemen when in fact he was at home.
(b) He was at a fundraiser when in fact he was in a meeting about Proposition F.
(c) He was in church when in fact he was at home.
(d) He was reading a story to preschoolers when in fact he was at home.
2. While confined in the hospital on morphine, Reginald Denny remembers some characters coming to see him. Who are they?
(a) Denzel Washington and Lawrence Martin.
(b) Tyra Banks and Eddie Murphy.
(c) Oprah Winfrey and Will Smith.
(d) Reverend Jesse Jackson and Arsenio Hall.
3. What action plan do the upper middle class in the Beverly Hills restaurant talk about in relation to the riots?
(a) Hiding in their homes.
(b) Leaving town.
(c) Hiring private security.
(d) Buying a gun.
4. Do Koreans receive welfare or food stamps?
(c) When it's raining hard.
(d) Not all the time.
5. What statement best describes Bill Bradley's stand on the laws of the land?
(a) He acknowledges that the law treats different people in different ways.
(b) He does not acknowledge that the law treats different people in different ways.
(c) He is outraged that someone should suggest differences in the treatment of people.
(d) He does not like discussing the laws and people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "a badge of courage" as referred to in the story?
2. What is Otis Chandler's occupation?
3. What book does Elaine Brown author?
4. When Dean Gilmour is starting his investigation, how many deaths does he think there are?
5. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)