|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Justice, Lucia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hami Bhabha describe the "twilight"?
(a) A moment of total chaos.
(b) An in-between moment of ambivalence.
(c) A moment of total zen.
(d) A moment of serenity.
2. According to Mrs. Park, how long ago does Mr. Park come to the United States?
(a) 18 years ago.
(b) 8 years ago.
(c) 30 years ago.
(d) 28 years ago.
3. Why is Betye Saar surprised when they get to the restaurant?
(a) No one knew about the verdict yet.
(b) There was Oprah Winfrey in the restaurant.
(c) There is nothing unusual observed by Betye Saar on that day.
(d) They saw crowds of people in the streets.
4. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because of the number of people they have killed.
(b) Because of their experience in fighting.
(c) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
(d) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
5. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
(a) He was at a fundraiser when in fact he was in a meeting about Proposition F.
(b) He was reading a story to preschoolers when in fact he was at home.
(c) He was in church when in fact he was at home.
(d) He was in a meeting with other policemen when in fact he was at home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elvira Evers describe the looting that goes on after the Rodney King verdict?
2. What statement does Big Al make about the Rodney King beating and the media attention it receives?
3. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
4. Why does Evers go to the hospital immediately after she walks home from work?
5. Why is Harland Braun reluctant to take the case of defending an accused in the Rodney King trial?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)