|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Justice, Lucia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Gates give on the reason why he is delayed in getting to where the trouble is?
(a) He had a hard time leaving the meeting and getting away.
(b) He couldn't find a cab to take him to where the riots were.
(c) Traffic was terrible, and he couldn't find an alternate route.
(d) He ran out of gas.
2. Why is Betye Saar surprised when they get to the restaurant?
(a) There was Oprah Winfrey in the restaurant.
(b) There is nothing unusual observed by Betye Saar on that day.
(c) They saw crowds of people in the streets.
(d) No one knew about the verdict yet.
3. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
(a) He seems to be surrounded by a kind of magic brought about by the respect people have for members of the police force.
(b) He makes people stay away from courtrooms.
(c) He silences the crowd inside the courtroom because of the raw power he exudes.
(d) He always brings about riot in the courtroom because of the passionate feelings the public has towards policemen in general.
4. According to Reginald Denny, why do people become upset whenever he gets his truck off the freeway?
(a) His truck is a very noisy truck.
(b) He drives like a madman.
(c) He honks his horn very loudly whenever he makes a turn.
(d) He takes up a lot of space when turning because his truck is so big.
5. How many years does it take for everyone to forget about the commission and the commitments people have made?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young female student from the University of Southern California afraid of?
2. What organization does Maxine Waters chair?
3. What statement does Bill Bradley make about race relations in the US?
4. What statement does Peter Sellars give about the situation in the city?
5. What assurance does Walter Park hold on to, despite the fact that his wife is not expressive?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)