|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twilight, Ask Saddam Hussein.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the vision in the early 1960s, according to Mike Davis?
(a) Black kids should be given twice the challenges that white kids endure.
(b) Black kids can be surfers, too.
(c) Black kids should be separated from white kids.
(d) Black kids should be given special treatment.
2. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
(a) Officer Powell is an expert at the use of police baton.
(b) The police baton Officer Powell was using was substandard and therefore offered no force.
(c) Officer Powell shouldn't have been allowed to use the police baton at all.
(d) Officer Powell was not using his polce baton effectively.
3. While confined in the hospital on morphine, Reginald Denny remembers some characters coming to see him. Who are they?
(a) Reverend Jesse Jackson and Arsenio Hall.
(b) Oprah Winfrey and Will Smith.
(c) Denzel Washington and Lawrence Martin.
(d) Tyra Banks and Eddie Murphy.
4. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
(a) Older gang members are great conversationalists, while this skill is lost on younger gang members.
(b) Younger members have become much more aggressive than the older gang members.
(c) Younger gang members have become louder, and tend to attract more attention than older gang members.
(d) Older gang members respected their elders, but such respect has disappeared among younger members.
5. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
(a) The beatings featured in the news has even intensified the police's credibility.
(b) He says that he would rather consult a crystal ball than listen to a police officer.
(c) The environment of fear created by the acts of the police have raised the credibility of the force.
(d) The current environment of fear has made the credibility of the police somewhat more questionable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does the anonymous juror from Simi Valley make about his involvement in the Rodney King trial?
2. What particular incident makes Viola go into shock?
3. Who does Maxine Waters call to complain about many things that are being neglected and need attention?
4. Why does Josie Morales keep watching the beating of Rodney King from her apartment?
5. Where are the female student's parents during the riots?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)