|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twilight, Ask Saddam Hussein.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which particular incident after the trial makes the anonymous juror from Simi Valley most upset?
(a) Receiving a letter from the Ku Klux Klan pledging support and inviting him to join the organization.
(b) Receiving a death threat from the family members of Rodney King.
(c) Receiving a phone call from Angela King asking how he can sleep at night.
(d) Receiving a letter from one angry follower of the case, asking if he knew that people were dying and burning buildings in South LA because of him.
2. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(b) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
(c) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(d) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
3. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
(a) It is where learning skills and a person's basic characteristics are.
(b) It lets a person smell.
(c) It enables a person to distinguish colors.
(d) It pumps blood from the heart to the brain.
4. What is the wrong perception about Daryl Gates' whereabouts when the disturbances begin?
(a) He was reading a story to preschoolers when in fact he was at home.
(b) He was at a fundraiser when in fact he was in a meeting about Proposition F.
(c) He was in a meeting with other policemen when in fact he was at home.
(d) He was in church when in fact he was at home.
5. According to Elaine Brown, where should people base their commitment if they want real change in society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
2. Where is the Reverend Tom Choi a minister at?
3. How does real estate agent Elaine Young come to be in the Beverly Hills Hotel on the day of the verdict?
4. Who is shot during the looting of Richard Kim's appliance store?
5. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)