|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twilight, Ask Saddam Hussein.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
(a) Several women fleeing the scene, leaving their cameras in the process.
(b) Several policemen talking to themselves, apparently discussing their strategy.
(c) Rodney King exchanging a few angry words with the policemen.
(d) Several men beating Reginald Denny, as well as some women taking pictures of the beating.
2. What statement does the anonymous juror from Simi Valley make about his involvement in the Rodney King trial?
(a) If he had known what would happen afterwards, he would have sent a note to the judge to say that he could not be on the jury because of what it put him and his family through.
(b) This particular case should have been done in a very private, confidential manner.
(c) He would have voted differently if he had known what would happen afterwards.
(d) His vote was very critical in the verdict and the events that followed the trial.
3. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
(a) He was terrified for the first time in his life.
(b) He suddenly cried and couldn't stop himself from crying.
(c) He suddenly felt heroic and wanted to protect the women and children he saw.
(d) He had never known riots could be so exciting.
4. According to Chris Oh, how is his father shot, based on the story he hears?
(a) By a sniper from the building near his father's car.
(b) At close range, execution style.
(c) From a distance.
(d) From the back of the car.
5. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(b) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
(c) Allison's speech.
(d) Tiny's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
2. What is established right after the Watts riots?
3. How does Otis Chandler feel towards improving things around him?
4. What is the female student thinking of at the time of the riots?
5. What book does Elaine Brown author?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)