|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twilight, Ask Saddam Hussein.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement best describes Bill Bradley's stand on the laws of the land?
(a) He is outraged that someone should suggest differences in the treatment of people.
(b) He acknowledges that the law treats different people in different ways.
(c) He does not acknowledge that the law treats different people in different ways.
(d) He does not like discussing the laws and people.
2. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
(a) Tthere was nothing like it.
(b) It was like being deaf and blind for a few minutes.
(c) It was like witnessing a kangaroo give birth.
(d) It was like going into a war.
3. What statement does Judith Tur make about white people and their anger?
(a) They were never angry about races.
(b) She says that their anger is a sign of progress, which will help them cope with race differences.
(c) They are getting so angry that they are moving back fifty years in their attitudes towards race instead of moving forward.
(d) Their anger is healthy and should be given its proper attention.
4. What statement does the anonymous juror from Simi Valley make about his involvement in the Rodney King trial?
(a) This particular case should have been done in a very private, confidential manner.
(b) He would have voted differently if he had known what would happen afterwards.
(c) If he had known what would happen afterwards, he would have sent a note to the judge to say that he could not be on the jury because of what it put him and his family through.
(d) His vote was very critical in the verdict and the events that followed the trial.
5. According to Oh, what significant function does the frontal lobe of the brain perform?
(a) It enables a person to distinguish colors.
(b) It pumps blood from the heart to the brain.
(c) It lets a person smell.
(d) It is where learning skills and a person's basic characteristics are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
2. What statement do the police give as a reason for Lance's arrest?
3. At the time when the Hollywood agent is dining in one of the Beverly Hills restaurants, what building is burned, which leads to even more fear among the people?
4. What is Elaine Brown's former occupation?
5. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)