|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twilight, Ask Saddam Hussein.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Captain Lane Haywood gets up on the roof to handle the fire better?
(a) Some of the rioters stop him from coming down.
(b) It suddenly rains.
(c) He finds himself and his men targets of the gunfire.
(d) The roof collapses and he becomes trapped in the fire.
2. What statement does Tom Bradley eventually make when the verdict is announced?
(a) He suddenly changed his mind and chose not to give any statement.
(b) Outrage at the verdict, but he discouraged violence.
(c) Support for the verdict and the jurors.
(d) He said that the judicial system once again worked.
3. What statement does the anonymous juror from Simi Valley make about his involvement in the Rodney King trial?
(a) If he had known what would happen afterwards, he would have sent a note to the judge to say that he could not be on the jury because of what it put him and his family through.
(b) His vote was very critical in the verdict and the events that followed the trial.
(c) He would have voted differently if he had known what would happen afterwards.
(d) This particular case should have been done in a very private, confidential manner.
4. How popular is Daryl Gates at the time of the riots?
(a) He was not even known in the area.
(b) He was not so popular.
(c) He was the most popular Republican in Los Angeles.
(d) He was as popular as Ronald Reagan.
5. What is Otis Chandler's occupation?
(a) Manager of the Times Book Company.
(b) Manager of the Times Mirror Company.
(c) Director of the Times Mirror Company.
(d) Director of the Times Book Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose story does Elaine Brown always tell young men who are drawn to the group by its guns?
2. According to Mrs. Park, how do the police come to know Mr. Park in the Compton area?
3. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
4. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
5. What complaint does Reverend Tom Choi hear about Koreans, Americans, and blacks?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)