|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twilight, I Remember Going... | Twilight, A Jungian Collective Unconscious.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are "choke holds"?
(a) It is a choker worn by a police officer to identify him as an expert in choke methods.
(b) These are upper body control holds which the LAPD used in the past.
(c) It is a slang for choking a subject to death.
(d) These are the techniques in using a police baton effectively.
2. How popular is Daryl Gates at the time of the riots?
(a) He was not even known in the area.
(b) He was the most popular Republican in Los Angeles.
(c) He was not so popular.
(d) He was as popular as Ronald Reagan.
3. According to Mrs. Park, how do the police come to know Mr. Park in the Compton area?
(a) He had donated a lot of money to the Compton area.
(b) He gives them money every Christmas.
(c) He provides their booze for free.
(d) He had opened his store for them one time.
4. What happens to Chung Lee and to his family the day the Rodney King verdicts are announced?
(a) They were forced to give up their money for the people who were rioting outside their store.
(b) They were mobbed by the angry supporters of Rodney King.
(c) Their store was completely looted and later burned.
(d) They had to wait in line for food rations.
5. What statement do the police give as a reason for Lance's arrest?
(a) Lance was a known gang member and a drug dealer.
(b) Lance was a thief.
(c) Lance was into child slavery.
(d) Lance was a pimp.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
2. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
3. Where do Paula Weinstein and her husband Mark call a press conference on the day the verdict comes down?
4. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
5. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)