|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, That's Another Story | The War Zone, Godzilla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
(a) Older gang members respected their elders, but such respect has disappeared among younger members.
(b) Younger gang members have become louder, and tend to attract more attention than older gang members.
(c) Younger members have become much more aggressive than the older gang members.
(d) Older gang members are great conversationalists, while this skill is lost on younger gang members.
2. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $1.2 million.
(b) $2.1 million.
(c) $3 million.
(d) $12 million.
3. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
(c) Politically motivated.
(d) An act in survival.
4. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
(b) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(c) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(d) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
5. According to Katie Miller, who does the looting in the Korean stores?
(c) White Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Judith Tur make about white people and their anger?
2. What comment does Julio Menjivar hear from the police officers who are passing by the looting scene?
3. How much fine does Julio Menjivar have to pay as a result of his arrest?
4. What is "a badge of courage" as referred to in the story?
5. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)