|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, That's Another Story | The War Zone, Godzilla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much fine does Julio Menjivar have to pay as a result of his arrest?
2. What reason does Katie Miller give to explain why Korean stores are burned in black neighborhoods?
(a) Koreans were really a snob race.
(b) Koreans never tried to get to know the people that came into the stores.
(c) Blacks were not allowed inside the stores.
(d) The prices in the stores were higher for blacks than for Koreans.
3. What time does Tom Bradley and his staff plan to go to the media to issue a statement on their reaction to the verdict?
(a) Eight o'clock the following morning.
(b) Five o'clock in the afternoon.
(c) Six o'clock in the afternoon.
(d) Four o'clock in the afternoon.
4. What is Proposition F?
(a) A resolution preventing African-Americans from driving luxury cars.
(b) An effort to limit the police chief's term to five years.
(c) A legislation which aims to appoint African-Americans as chief of police.
(d) A policy prohibiting riots to take place on weekdays.
5. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
(a) He silences the crowd inside the courtroom because of the raw power he exudes.
(b) He makes people stay away from courtrooms.
(c) He seems to be surrounded by a kind of magic brought about by the respect people have for members of the police force.
(d) He always brings about riot in the courtroom because of the passionate feelings the public has towards policemen in general.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
2. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
3. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
4. What statement does Tom Bradley eventually make when the verdict is announced?
5. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)