|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, That's Another Story | The War Zone, Godzilla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
(b) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
(c) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
(d) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
2. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
(a) A black cat.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A car.
(d) A rock.
3. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
(a) Black men defy authority while black women cannot.
(b) Black men are more ideological.
(c) Black men are more obedient to the laws of the land.
(d) Black men know how to handle the politics and the environment.
4. What incident does Big Al describe in which he realizes that the conditions in which he lives are so dangerous that everyone must be qualified to carry firearms?
(a) A man with a gun used it to buy bubble gums.
(b) A man with his baby walked into a gun store and bought a gun while the baby looked on.
(c) He saw a six-year old child carrying a real gun.
(d) A man at a bubble gum machine pulled a gun on him once.
5. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
(a) There were no police to be found when the looting of their applicance store started.
(b) The police quickly helped them, which prevented their store from being looted.
(c) The police asked for money before assisting them.
(d) The police ignored them because they were playing a game of poker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
2. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
3. Who is shot during the looting of Richard Kim's appliance store?
4. What comment does Julio Menjivar hear from the police officers who are passing by the looting scene?
5. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)