|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, That's Another Story | The War Zone, Godzilla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much fine does Julio Menjivar have to pay as a result of his arrest?
2. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
(a) Younger members have become much more aggressive than the older gang members.
(b) Older gang members respected their elders, but such respect has disappeared among younger members.
(c) Younger gang members have become louder, and tend to attract more attention than older gang members.
(d) Older gang members are great conversationalists, while this skill is lost on younger gang members.
3. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) That he looked so young for his age.
(b) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
(c) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
(d) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
4. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(b) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
(c) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
(d) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
5. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(b) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(c) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
(d) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Josie Morales' husband want to go inside and stop watching?
2. What reassurance does the police officer give to the jurors on the bus whom he is escorting to the courthouse?
3. Why is Josie Morales never called to testify for the trial of Rodney King?
4. What comment does Julio Menjivar hear from the police officers who are passing by the looting scene?
5. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)