|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, That's Another Story | The War Zone, Godzilla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
(a) He suddenly felt heroic and wanted to protect the women and children he saw.
(b) He was terrified for the first time in his life.
(c) He had never known riots could be so exciting.
(d) He suddenly cried and couldn't stop himself from crying.
2. Why does Josie Morales' husband want to go inside and stop watching?
(a) He was afraid that they might be seen and be involved.
(b) He was afraid that Rodney King might call to them for help.
(c) He was afraid that they will be asked to testify in the trial.
(d) He was afraid to watch because he grew up in Mexico where police abuse is prevalent.
3. What is "a badge of courage" as referred to in the story?
(a) It refers to the FBI badge.
(b) It refers to the police badge.
(c) It refers to the fire department badge.
(d) It refers to the CSI badge.
4. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
(a) A black cat.
(b) A dead man.
(c) A rock.
(d) A car.
5. What time does Tom Bradley and his staff plan to go to the media to issue a statement on their reaction to the verdict?
(a) Eight o'clock the following morning.
(b) Four o'clock in the afternoon.
(c) Six o'clock in the afternoon.
(d) Five o'clock in the afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
2. At the time when the Hollywood agent is dining in one of the Beverly Hills restaurants, what building is burned, which leads to even more fear among the people?
3. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
4. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
5. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)