|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, That's Another Story | The War Zone, Godzilla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Proposition F?
(a) A resolution preventing African-Americans from driving luxury cars.
(b) An effort to limit the police chief's term to five years.
(c) A legislation which aims to appoint African-Americans as chief of police.
(d) A policy prohibiting riots to take place on weekdays.
2. What are "choke holds"?
(a) These are the techniques in using a police baton effectively.
(b) It is a slang for choking a subject to death.
(c) It is a choker worn by a police officer to identify him as an expert in choke methods.
(d) These are upper body control holds which the LAPD used in the past.
3. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
(a) That there is still hope among the youth of today.
(b) That the youth of today value their parents very much.
(c) That the youth of today are intelligent human beings who think about society.
(d) That there is a generation that refuses to commit suicide.
4. Why does Josie Morales' husband want to go inside and stop watching?
(a) He was afraid that Rodney King might call to them for help.
(b) He was afraid that they might be seen and be involved.
(c) He was afraid that they will be asked to testify in the trial.
(d) He was afraid to watch because he grew up in Mexico where police abuse is prevalent.
5. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
(a) A strong hatred for white police officers.
(b) He maintained a community newspaper that printed only stories about policemen.
(c) A strong admiration for police officers.
(d) He founded an organization whose sole aim is to keep track of the movements of the policemen in his community.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
2. Why is Josie Morales never called to testify for the trial of Rodney King?
3. Who arrives at the scene of the looting, and also eventually harms Julio Menjivar?
4. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
5. While confined in the hospital on morphine, Reginald Denny remembers some characters coming to see him. Who are they?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)