|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, That's Another Story | The War Zone, Godzilla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reginald Denny, why do people become upset whenever he gets his truck off the freeway?
(a) He takes up a lot of space when turning because his truck is so big.
(b) His truck is a very noisy truck.
(c) He honks his horn very loudly whenever he makes a turn.
(d) He drives like a madman.
2. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
(a) He suddenly felt heroic and wanted to protect the women and children he saw.
(b) He suddenly cried and couldn't stop himself from crying.
(c) He was terrified for the first time in his life.
(d) He had never known riots could be so exciting.
3. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
4. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
(b) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
(c) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(d) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
5. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
(a) He silences the crowd inside the courtroom because of the raw power he exudes.
(b) He seems to be surrounded by a kind of magic brought about by the respect people have for members of the police force.
(c) He always brings about riot in the courtroom because of the passionate feelings the public has towards policemen in general.
(d) He makes people stay away from courtrooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elvira Evers describe the looting that goes on after the Rodney King verdict?
2. At the time when the Hollywood agent is dining in one of the Beverly Hills restaurants, what building is burned, which leads to even more fear among the people?
3. What are "choke holds"?
4. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
5. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)