|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, That's Another Story | The War Zone, Godzilla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does the anonymous juror from Simi Valley make about his involvement in the Rodney King trial?
(a) He would have voted differently if he had known what would happen afterwards.
(b) His vote was very critical in the verdict and the events that followed the trial.
(c) This particular case should have been done in a very private, confidential manner.
(d) If he had known what would happen afterwards, he would have sent a note to the judge to say that he could not be on the jury because of what it put him and his family through.
2. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
(b) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
(c) He was going to get their kids.
(d) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
3. What happens when Captain Lane Haywood gets up on the roof to handle the fire better?
(a) He finds himself and his men targets of the gunfire.
(b) It suddenly rains.
(c) Some of the rioters stop him from coming down.
(d) The roof collapses and he becomes trapped in the fire.
4. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
(b) Because of the number of people they have killed.
(c) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
(d) Because of their experience in fighting.
5. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
(b) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
(c) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
(d) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What particular incident makes Viola go into shock?
2. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
3. Who is shot during the looting of Richard Kim's appliance store?
4. Why does Evers go to the hospital immediately after she walks home from work?
5. Why is Josie Morales never called to testify for the trial of Rodney King?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)