|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they were not raised in a racist way.
(b) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
(c) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
(d) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
2. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
(a) It was like witnessing a kangaroo give birth.
(b) It was like being deaf and blind for a few minutes.
(c) Tthere was nothing like it.
(d) It was like going into a war.
3. According to Reginald Denny, why do people become upset whenever he gets his truck off the freeway?
(a) He takes up a lot of space when turning because his truck is so big.
(b) He honks his horn very loudly whenever he makes a turn.
(c) He drives like a madman.
(d) His truck is a very noisy truck.
4. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
(a) Politically motivated.
(b) An act in survival.
5. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
(a) He silences the crowd inside the courtroom because of the raw power he exudes.
(b) He seems to be surrounded by a kind of magic brought about by the respect people have for members of the police force.
(c) He always brings about riot in the courtroom because of the passionate feelings the public has towards policemen in general.
(d) He makes people stay away from courtrooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
2. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
3. Who is shot during the looting of Richard Kim's appliance store?
4. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
5. What statement does Haywood make about the women he sees in the riots and the fire?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)