|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
(a) He was terrified for the first time in his life.
(b) He had never known riots could be so exciting.
(c) He suddenly cried and couldn't stop himself from crying.
(d) He suddenly felt heroic and wanted to protect the women and children he saw.
2. According to Reginald Denny, why do people become upset whenever he gets his truck off the freeway?
(a) He takes up a lot of space when turning because his truck is so big.
(b) His truck is a very noisy truck.
(c) He drives like a madman.
(d) He honks his horn very loudly whenever he makes a turn.
3. Which particular incident after the trial makes the anonymous juror from Simi Valley most upset?
(a) Receiving a death threat from the family members of Rodney King.
(b) Receiving a letter from the Ku Klux Klan pledging support and inviting him to join the organization.
(c) Receiving a letter from one angry follower of the case, asking if he knew that people were dying and burning buildings in South LA because of him.
(d) Receiving a phone call from Angela King asking how he can sleep at night.
4. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
(b) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(c) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
(d) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
5. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
(a) There were no police to be found when the looting of their applicance store started.
(b) The police ignored them because they were playing a game of poker.
(c) The police quickly helped them, which prevented their store from being looted.
(d) The police asked for money before assisting them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Big Al make about the Rodney King beating and the media attention it receives?
2. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
3. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
4. What statement does Tom Bradley eventually make when the verdict is announced?
5. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)