|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Haywood make about the women he sees in the riots and the fire?
(a) They all looked frail and fragile and it was unfortunate that they were caught up in the riots.
(b) He saw how gentle the female species were.
(c) He has never seen such hostility in females as he saw that day.
(d) He felt an urgent need to protect the women he saw.
2. What time does Tom Bradley and his staff plan to go to the media to issue a statement on their reaction to the verdict?
(a) Four o'clock in the afternoon.
(b) Eight o'clock the following morning.
(c) Six o'clock in the afternoon.
(d) Five o'clock in the afternoon.
3. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(b) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(c) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(d) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
4. Who is shot during the looting of Richard Kim's appliance store?
(a) Richard Kim's sister.
(b) Richard Kim's father.
(c) Richard Kim.
(d) Richard Kim's mother.
5. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
(b) Because of their experience in fighting.
(c) Because of the number of people they have killed.
(d) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
2. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
3. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
4. What does Denny plan to put up in his own house someday to remember the people who have saved him?
5. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)