|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day of the verdict, how many versions does Tom Bradley prepare for his statement to the press?
2. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
(b) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
(c) That they were not raised in a racist way.
(d) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
3. What statement does Haywood make about the women he sees in the riots and the fire?
(a) He felt an urgent need to protect the women he saw.
(b) They all looked frail and fragile and it was unfortunate that they were caught up in the riots.
(c) He saw how gentle the female species were.
(d) He has never seen such hostility in females as he saw that day.
4. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
(b) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
(c) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
(d) He was going to get their kids.
5. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
(a) She raises her voice in anger.
(b) She does not show any emotion.
(c) She curses all the policemen in the world.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
2. Why is Josie Morales never called to testify for the trial of Rodney King?
3. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
4. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
5. What reassurance does the police officer give to the jurors on the bus whom he is escorting to the courthouse?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)