|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
(b) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
(c) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
(d) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
2. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
(a) He always brings about riot in the courtroom because of the passionate feelings the public has towards policemen in general.
(b) He silences the crowd inside the courtroom because of the raw power he exudes.
(c) He seems to be surrounded by a kind of magic brought about by the respect people have for members of the police force.
(d) He makes people stay away from courtrooms.
3. What incident does Big Al describe in which he realizes that the conditions in which he lives are so dangerous that everyone must be qualified to carry firearms?
(a) A man with his baby walked into a gun store and bought a gun while the baby looked on.
(b) A man with a gun used it to buy bubble gums.
(c) He saw a six-year old child carrying a real gun.
(d) A man at a bubble gum machine pulled a gun on him once.
4. What reassurance does the police officer give to the jurors on the bus whom he is escorting to the courthouse?
(a) People don't recognize them anyway and that the commotion was very much a normal one.
(b) There is no need to worry if people threw rocks and bottles because the windows of the bus were bulletproof.
(c) Everything will be forgotten in a week, so jurors should better come up with a verdict then.
(d) The people gathered in front of the courthouse did not care about the jurors, and therefore did not notice them.
5. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
2. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
3. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
4. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
5. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)