|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
(a) She curses all the policemen in the world.
(b) She does not show any emotion.
(c) She cries.
(d) She raises her voice in anger.
2. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
(a) Younger gang members have become louder, and tend to attract more attention than older gang members.
(b) Older gang members are great conversationalists, while this skill is lost on younger gang members.
(c) Older gang members respected their elders, but such respect has disappeared among younger members.
(d) Younger members have become much more aggressive than the older gang members.
3. What are "choke holds"?
(a) These are upper body control holds which the LAPD used in the past.
(b) It is a choker worn by a police officer to identify him as an expert in choke methods.
(c) It is a slang for choking a subject to death.
(d) These are the techniques in using a police baton effectively.
4. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(b) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(c) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(d) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
5. Who is Chung Lee?
(a) A passerby who witnessed the beating of Rodney King.
(b) The chief of police for the Korean community in the area.
(c) The dead man who fell in the tall building.
(d) The president of the Korean-American Victims Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Proposition F?
2. What reassurance does the police officer give to the jurors on the bus whom he is escorting to the courthouse?
3. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
4. According to Reginald Denny, why do people become upset whenever he gets his truck off the freeway?
5. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)