|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stephen, Salas' son, handle his encounter with the policeman in which the policeman put a gun to his head?
(a) He made a complaint about the policeman in the nearest police station.
(b) Stephen did not tell his father right away.
(c) He told his father about it as soon as he came home.
(d) He wrote to all the major dailies to tell them of the abuse.
2. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(b) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(c) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
(d) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
3. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
(a) Politically motivated.
(d) An act in survival.
4. What is Proposition F?
(a) An effort to limit the police chief's term to five years.
(b) A policy prohibiting riots to take place on weekdays.
(c) A legislation which aims to appoint African-Americans as chief of police.
(d) A resolution preventing African-Americans from driving luxury cars.
5. What happens to Chung Lee and to his family the day the Rodney King verdicts are announced?
(a) They were forced to give up their money for the people who were rioting outside their store.
(b) They were mobbed by the angry supporters of Rodney King.
(c) They had to wait in line for food rations.
(d) Their store was completely looted and later burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
2. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
3. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
4. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
5. What statement does Judith Tur make about white people and their anger?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)