|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Chung Lee?
(a) The chief of police for the Korean community in the area.
(b) The president of the Korean-American Victims Association.
(c) The dead man who fell in the tall building.
(d) A passerby who witnessed the beating of Rodney King.
2. According to Big Al, what could Denny have been trying to do by driving his truck down a residential street?
(a) He was looking for someone to beat.
(b) Intimidating the neighborhood.
(c) Showing off his truck.
(d) Making friends with his neighbors.
3. What particular incident makes Viola go into shock?
(a) A kid with a nine-millimeter gun pointed in his general direction, who told him that he was going to kill him.
(b) A man with a briefcase hit a girl on her head and left her for dead.
(c) A kid with a nine-millimeter gun shot a man to death in front of him.
(d) A girl with a briefcase hit a man repeatedly and left him for dead.
4. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(b) Allison's speech.
(c) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
(d) Tiny's funeral.
5. What happens to Chung Lee and to his family the day the Rodney King verdicts are announced?
(a) They were forced to give up their money for the people who were rioting outside their store.
(b) They had to wait in line for food rations.
(c) Their store was completely looted and later burned.
(d) They were mobbed by the angry supporters of Rodney King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
2. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
3. What statement does Judith Tur make about white people and their anger?
4. Which particular incident after the trial makes the anonymous juror from Simi Valley most upset?
5. What happens when Captain Lane Haywood gets up on the roof to handle the fire better?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)