|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
(a) She does not say anything about the subject.
(b) The police like to make killings in a very discreet manner.
(c) The police like to make killings look like drive-by shootings.
(d) The police don't like killing at all.
2. Who is Chung Lee?
(a) The dead man who fell in the tall building.
(b) A passerby who witnessed the beating of Rodney King.
(c) The chief of police for the Korean community in the area.
(d) The president of the Korean-American Victims Association.
3. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
(b) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
(c) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
(d) That he looked so young for his age.
4. What statement does Judith Tur make about white people and their anger?
(a) They were never angry about races.
(b) Their anger is healthy and should be given its proper attention.
(c) They are getting so angry that they are moving back fifty years in their attitudes towards race instead of moving forward.
(d) She says that their anger is a sign of progress, which will help them cope with race differences.
5. On the day of the verdict, how many versions does Tom Bradley prepare for his statement to the press?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language does Chung Lee tell his story?
2. What statement does Big Al make about the Rodney King beating and the media attention it receives?
3. What image does Anonymous Man project when he moves to the valley?
4. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
5. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)