|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
(a) The police asked for money before assisting them.
(b) There were no police to be found when the looting of their applicance store started.
(c) The police ignored them because they were playing a game of poker.
(d) The police quickly helped them, which prevented their store from being looted.
2. While confined in the hospital on morphine, Reginald Denny remembers some characters coming to see him. Who are they?
(a) Tyra Banks and Eddie Murphy.
(b) Denzel Washington and Lawrence Martin.
(c) Reverend Jesse Jackson and Arsenio Hall.
(d) Oprah Winfrey and Will Smith.
3. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
(a) Several policemen talking to themselves, apparently discussing their strategy.
(b) Rodney King exchanging a few angry words with the policemen.
(c) Several men beating Reginald Denny, as well as some women taking pictures of the beating.
(d) Several women fleeing the scene, leaving their cameras in the process.
4. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) Allison's speech.
(b) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(c) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
(d) Tiny's funeral.
5. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
(a) Older gang members are great conversationalists, while this skill is lost on younger gang members.
(b) Older gang members respected their elders, but such respect has disappeared among younger members.
(c) Younger gang members have become louder, and tend to attract more attention than older gang members.
(d) Younger members have become much more aggressive than the older gang members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image does Anonymous Man project when he moves to the valley?
2. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
3. What statement does Big Al make about the Rodney King beating and the media attention it receives?
4. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
5. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)