|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
(a) From fighting against the gringos when Pershing went after Pancho Villa in Chihuahua.
(b) From his childhood, when he was being bullied by gringos in his hometown.
(c) From the fact that gringos are unreasonable people, as he experienced in his encounter with them in Mexico.
(d) From being brainstormed by his wife, who had a bad experience with gringos.
2. Why is Josie Morales never called to testify for the trial of Rodney King?
(a) She was told that her testimony contradicted that of another witness, Melanie Singer.
(b) Because she did come forward and expressed willingness to testify.
(c) Because she is not all-American.
(d) Because she is a woman.
3. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
(a) Black men defy authority while black women cannot.
(b) Black men are more obedient to the laws of the land.
(c) Black men are more ideological.
(d) Black men know how to handle the politics and the environment.
4. Why does Josie Morales keep watching the beating of Rodney King from her apartment?
(a) She was enjoying the beating of Rodney King.
(b) She was waiting for an opportunity to discuss with her neighbors.
(c) She was waiting for an opportunity to help Rodney King.
(d) She believes that what the police were doing was a wrong thing and she wanted to be able to testify at the trial.
5. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
(b) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
(c) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
(d) That he looked so young for his age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
2. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
3. Which particular incident after the trial makes the anonymous juror from Simi Valley most upset?
4. While confined in the hospital on morphine, Reginald Denny remembers some characters coming to see him. Who are they?
5. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)