|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the "curious people"?
(a) They are the bag ladies loitering the streets of Los Angeles.
(b) They are the kids of Los Angeles who have an overwhelming curiosity about everything around them.
(c) They are the gangs of Los Angeles whom Stanley K. Sheinbaum had a chance to talk to.
(d) They are the old ladies in the neighborhood of Los Angeles, who tend to pry in all the happenings around them.
2. What reassurance does the police officer give to the jurors on the bus whom he is escorting to the courthouse?
(a) The people gathered in front of the courthouse did not care about the jurors, and therefore did not notice them.
(b) Everything will be forgotten in a week, so jurors should better come up with a verdict then.
(c) There is no need to worry if people threw rocks and bottles because the windows of the bus were bulletproof.
(d) People don't recognize them anyway and that the commotion was very much a normal one.
3. Who took a video of the beating from their helicopter over the intersection of Florence and Normandie?
(a) Judith Tur and her cameraman.
(b) John and Murika Tur.
(c) John and Judith Tur.
(d) Murika and Judith Tur.
4. What statement does Tom Bradley eventually make when the verdict is announced?
(a) He suddenly changed his mind and chose not to give any statement.
(b) Outrage at the verdict, but he discouraged violence.
(c) Support for the verdict and the jurors.
(d) He said that the judicial system once again worked.
5. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
(a) Several women fleeing the scene, leaving their cameras in the process.
(b) Several policemen talking to themselves, apparently discussing their strategy.
(c) Rodney King exchanging a few angry words with the policemen.
(d) Several men beating Reginald Denny, as well as some women taking pictures of the beating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are "choke holds"?
2. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
3. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
4. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
5. While confined in the hospital on morphine, Reginald Denny remembers some characters coming to see him. Who are they?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)