|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Judith Tur make about white people and their anger?
(a) They are getting so angry that they are moving back fifty years in their attitudes towards race instead of moving forward.
(b) Their anger is healthy and should be given its proper attention.
(c) She says that their anger is a sign of progress, which will help them cope with race differences.
(d) They were never angry about races.
2. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
(a) A black cat.
(b) A car.
(c) A rock.
(d) A dead man.
3. On the day of the verdict, how many versions does Tom Bradley prepare for his statement to the press?
4. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
(a) From fighting against the gringos when Pershing went after Pancho Villa in Chihuahua.
(b) From the fact that gringos are unreasonable people, as he experienced in his encounter with them in Mexico.
(c) From being brainstormed by his wife, who had a bad experience with gringos.
(d) From his childhood, when he was being bullied by gringos in his hometown.
5. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
2. According to Richard Kim, what does his father tell him about the day of the verdict when they went looking for police?
3. How does Richard Kim describe the looting?
4. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
5. Why does Josie Morales' husband want to go inside and stop watching?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)