|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
(a) A black cat crossed the road.
(b) He saw a black BMW driven by an African-American woman, who had a hammer in her hand.
(c) A bucket of paint from a very tall building fell on the road, splashing red paint which looked like blood.
(d) He saw a billboard that says "Stop, turn around."
2. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
3. How does Stephen, Salas' son, handle his encounter with the policeman in which the policeman put a gun to his head?
(a) He made a complaint about the policeman in the nearest police station.
(b) He told his father about it as soon as he came home.
(c) Stephen did not tell his father right away.
(d) He wrote to all the major dailies to tell them of the abuse.
4. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
(a) That there is poetic justice in shooting someone in broad daylight.
(b) That under no circumstances should he shoot someone in broad daylight.
(c) That most people will run away scared immediately instead of taking time to identify the shooter.
(d) He doesn't offer any belief or idea whatsoever on the topic.
5. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
(b) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
(c) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
(d) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Proposition F?
2. According to Big Al, what could Denny have been trying to do by driving his truck down a residential street?
3. Which particular incident after the trial makes the anonymous juror from Simi Valley most upset?
4. According to Reginald Denny, why do people become upset whenever he gets his truck off the freeway?
5. How does Joe Viola describe the way he felt when he was caught in the riots?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)