|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) That he looked so young for his age.
(b) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
(c) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
(d) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
2. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
(b) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
(c) Because of the number of people they have killed.
(d) Because of their experience in fighting.
3. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
(b) That they were not raised in a racist way.
(c) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
(d) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
4. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
(a) She does not say anything about the subject.
(b) The police like to make killings look like drive-by shootings.
(c) The police like to make killings in a very discreet manner.
(d) The police don't like killing at all.
5. What does Joe Viola tell his wife when he recovers from all of the shock?
(a) He was going to get his gun and shoot anyone he sees.
(b) He was going to drive away for a while until the riot dies down.
(c) He was going to buy liquor from the store.
(d) He was going to get their kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
2. What statement does Haywood make about the women he sees in the riots and the fire?
3. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
4. Why is Josie Morales never called to testify for the trial of Rodney King?
5. Who is Chung Lee?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)