|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
(a) When he went to school with them and was forbidden from sitting beside them.
(b) When he fought with them over a can of beer in a bar in Mexico.
(c) When he went to first grade and he was told that he was inferior because he was Mexican.
(d) When he met them in the parking lot of a grocery store in Mexico.
2. What happens to Chung Lee and to his family the day the Rodney King verdicts are announced?
(a) They were forced to give up their money for the people who were rioting outside their store.
(b) Their store was completely looted and later burned.
(c) They had to wait in line for food rations.
(d) They were mobbed by the angry supporters of Rodney King.
3. According to Big Al, what could Denny have been trying to do by driving his truck down a residential street?
(a) He was looking for someone to beat.
(b) Showing off his truck.
(c) Making friends with his neighbors.
(d) Intimidating the neighborhood.
4. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $1.2 million.
(b) $3 million.
(c) $12 million.
(d) $2.1 million.
5. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
(a) A bucket of paint from a very tall building fell on the road, splashing red paint which looked like blood.
(b) He saw a billboard that says "Stop, turn around."
(c) A black cat crossed the road.
(d) He saw a black BMW driven by an African-American woman, who had a hammer in her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is shot during the looting of Richard Kim's appliance store?
2. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
3. On the day of the verdict, how many versions does Tom Bradley prepare for his statement to the press?
4. How does Stephen, Salas' son, handle his encounter with the policeman in which the policeman put a gun to his head?
5. What particular incident makes Viola go into shock?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)