|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Magic | Here's A Nobody, Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Josie Morales' husband want to go inside and stop watching?
(a) He was afraid that Rodney King might call to them for help.
(b) He was afraid that they will be asked to testify in the trial.
(c) He was afraid to watch because he grew up in Mexico where police abuse is prevalent.
(d) He was afraid that they might be seen and be involved.
2. What is Proposition F?
(a) A policy prohibiting riots to take place on weekdays.
(b) An effort to limit the police chief's term to five years.
(c) A legislation which aims to appoint African-Americans as chief of police.
(d) A resolution preventing African-Americans from driving luxury cars.
3. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) That he looked so young for his age.
(b) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
(c) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
(d) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
4. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
(a) That most people will run away scared immediately instead of taking time to identify the shooter.
(b) That under no circumstances should he shoot someone in broad daylight.
(c) That there is poetic justice in shooting someone in broad daylight.
(d) He doesn't offer any belief or idea whatsoever on the topic.
5. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
(a) From the fact that gringos are unreasonable people, as he experienced in his encounter with them in Mexico.
(b) From being brainstormed by his wife, who had a bad experience with gringos.
(c) From fighting against the gringos when Pershing went after Pancho Villa in Chihuahua.
(d) From his childhood, when he was being bullied by gringos in his hometown.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
2. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
3. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
4. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
5. Why does Josie Morales keep watching the beating of Rodney King from her apartment?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)