|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Magic | Here's A Nobody, Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
(a) From fighting against the gringos when Pershing went after Pancho Villa in Chihuahua.
(b) From the fact that gringos are unreasonable people, as he experienced in his encounter with them in Mexico.
(c) From being brainstormed by his wife, who had a bad experience with gringos.
(d) From his childhood, when he was being bullied by gringos in his hometown.
2. What reassurance does the police officer give to the jurors on the bus whom he is escorting to the courthouse?
(a) People don't recognize them anyway and that the commotion was very much a normal one.
(b) Everything will be forgotten in a week, so jurors should better come up with a verdict then.
(c) There is no need to worry if people threw rocks and bottles because the windows of the bus were bulletproof.
(d) The people gathered in front of the courthouse did not care about the jurors, and therefore did not notice them.
3. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) That he might have been beaten terribly.
(b) That he would have been called in for questioning by the police.
(c) That he might be stoned.
(d) That he probably would not have been beaten because of how he looks.
4. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
(a) She does not say anything about the subject.
(b) The police don't like killing at all.
(c) The police like to make killings look like drive-by shootings.
(d) The police like to make killings in a very discreet manner.
5. Who are the "curious people"?
(a) They are the old ladies in the neighborhood of Los Angeles, who tend to pry in all the happenings around them.
(b) They are the kids of Los Angeles who have an overwhelming curiosity about everything around them.
(c) They are the gangs of Los Angeles whom Stanley K. Sheinbaum had a chance to talk to.
(d) They are the bag ladies loitering the streets of Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Proposition F?
2. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
3. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
4. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
5. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)