|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Magic | Here's A Nobody, Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
(a) He devotes himself to fighting police abuse.
(b) He devotes himself to organizing riots against policemen.
(c) He devotes himself to looking for a cure for blindness.
(d) He devotes himself to looking for ways to make the city pay the civilian.
2. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they were not raised in a racist way.
(b) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
(c) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
(d) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
3. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
(b) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
(c) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
(d) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
4. What reassurance does the police officer give to the jurors on the bus whom he is escorting to the courthouse?
(a) There is no need to worry if people threw rocks and bottles because the windows of the bus were bulletproof.
(b) Everything will be forgotten in a week, so jurors should better come up with a verdict then.
(c) People don't recognize them anyway and that the commotion was very much a normal one.
(d) The people gathered in front of the courthouse did not care about the jurors, and therefore did not notice them.
5. What statement does the anonymous juror from Simi Valley make about his involvement in the Rodney King trial?
(a) If he had known what would happen afterwards, he would have sent a note to the judge to say that he could not be on the jury because of what it put him and his family through.
(b) This particular case should have been done in a very private, confidential manner.
(c) His vote was very critical in the verdict and the events that followed the trial.
(d) He would have voted differently if he had known what would happen afterwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
2. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
3. Why does Josie Morales keep watching the beating of Rodney King from her apartment?
4. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
5. Which particular incident after the trial makes the anonymous juror from Simi Valley most upset?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)