|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Magic | Here's A Nobody, Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
(a) The police baton Officer Powell was using was substandard and therefore offered no force.
(b) Officer Powell was not using his polce baton effectively.
(c) Officer Powell shouldn't have been allowed to use the police baton at all.
(d) Officer Powell is an expert at the use of police baton.
2. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
(a) The police like to make killings in a very discreet manner.
(b) The police don't like killing at all.
(c) The police like to make killings look like drive-by shootings.
(d) She does not say anything about the subject.
3. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
(a) That under no circumstances should he shoot someone in broad daylight.
(b) He doesn't offer any belief or idea whatsoever on the topic.
(c) That there is poetic justice in shooting someone in broad daylight.
(d) That most people will run away scared immediately instead of taking time to identify the shooter.
4. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
(a) He saw a billboard that says "Stop, turn around."
(b) A black cat crossed the road.
(c) He saw a black BMW driven by an African-American woman, who had a hammer in her hand.
(d) A bucket of paint from a very tall building fell on the road, splashing red paint which looked like blood.
5. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
(a) When he met them in the parking lot of a grocery store in Mexico.
(b) When he went to school with them and was forbidden from sitting beside them.
(c) When he went to first grade and he was told that he was inferior because he was Mexican.
(d) When he fought with them over a can of beer in a bar in Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
2. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
3. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
4. What reassurance does the police officer give to the jurors on the bus whom he is escorting to the courthouse?
5. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)