|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Magic | Here's A Nobody, Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) That he might have been beaten terribly.
(b) That he might be stoned.
(c) That he would have been called in for questioning by the police.
(d) That he probably would not have been beaten because of how he looks.
2. Which particular incident after the trial makes the anonymous juror from Simi Valley most upset?
(a) Receiving a letter from one angry follower of the case, asking if he knew that people were dying and burning buildings in South LA because of him.
(b) Receiving a phone call from Angela King asking how he can sleep at night.
(c) Receiving a letter from the Ku Klux Klan pledging support and inviting him to join the organization.
(d) Receiving a death threat from the family members of Rodney King.
3. Who are the "curious people"?
(a) They are the kids of Los Angeles who have an overwhelming curiosity about everything around them.
(b) They are the gangs of Los Angeles whom Stanley K. Sheinbaum had a chance to talk to.
(c) They are the old ladies in the neighborhood of Los Angeles, who tend to pry in all the happenings around them.
(d) They are the bag ladies loitering the streets of Los Angeles.
4. What statement does the anonymous juror from Simi Valley make about his involvement in the Rodney King trial?
(a) He would have voted differently if he had known what would happen afterwards.
(b) This particular case should have been done in a very private, confidential manner.
(c) His vote was very critical in the verdict and the events that followed the trial.
(d) If he had known what would happen afterwards, he would have sent a note to the judge to say that he could not be on the jury because of what it put him and his family through.
5. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $1.2 million.
(b) $2.1 million.
(c) $12 million.
(d) $3 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
2. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
3. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
4. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
5. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)