|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Magic | Here's A Nobody, Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
(a) Politically motivated.
(c) An act in survival.
2. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
(a) Black men are more ideological.
(b) Black men defy authority while black women cannot.
(c) Black men know how to handle the politics and the environment.
(d) Black men are more obedient to the laws of the land.
3. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
(a) Ordinary civilians should not be tasked with matters of the law.
(b) Most jurors take their oath seriously and because the burden of proof in a criminal trial is very high, jurors must carefully examine and consider all evidence in a case.
(c) The judiciary system has to be changed to give less power to jurors and more to judges and district attorneys.
(d) Most jurors do not take their duties seriously and that their participation in trials be limited to those of observers.
4. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
(a) She curses all the policemen in the world.
(b) She does not show any emotion.
(c) She raises her voice in anger.
(d) She cries.
5. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
(b) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
(c) That he looked so young for his age.
(d) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
2. How does Stephen, Salas' son, handle his encounter with the policeman in which the policeman put a gun to his head?
3. What image does Anonymous Man project when he moves to the valley?
4. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
5. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)