|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Magic | Here's A Nobody, Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
(b) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
(c) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
(d) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
2. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because of the number of people they have killed.
(b) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
(c) Because of their experience in fighting.
(d) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
3. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
(a) It should never have been invented in the first place.
(b) Since chokeholds became forbidden, there will be an increase in lawsuits because police officers will instead be using their batons.
(c) These need to be regularly updated, perhaps via a biannual workshop among the workforce.
(d) It was just proper that it was banned from being used.
4. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
(a) He seems to be surrounded by a kind of magic brought about by the respect people have for members of the police force.
(b) He silences the crowd inside the courtroom because of the raw power he exudes.
(c) He makes people stay away from courtrooms.
(d) He always brings about riot in the courtroom because of the passionate feelings the public has towards policemen in general.
5. What is Proposition F?
(a) A policy prohibiting riots to take place on weekdays.
(b) An effort to limit the police chief's term to five years.
(c) A resolution preventing African-Americans from driving luxury cars.
(d) A legislation which aims to appoint African-Americans as chief of police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
2. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
3. Why does Josie Morales' husband want to go inside and stop watching?
4. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
5. What statement does the anonymous juror from Simi Valley make about his involvement in the Rodney King trial?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)