|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Magic | Here's A Nobody, Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(b) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(c) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
(d) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
2. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
3. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
(a) When he fought with them over a can of beer in a bar in Mexico.
(b) When he met them in the parking lot of a grocery store in Mexico.
(c) When he went to school with them and was forbidden from sitting beside them.
(d) When he went to first grade and he was told that he was inferior because he was Mexican.
4. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
(a) From being brainstormed by his wife, who had a bad experience with gringos.
(b) From fighting against the gringos when Pershing went after Pancho Villa in Chihuahua.
(c) From his childhood, when he was being bullied by gringos in his hometown.
(d) From the fact that gringos are unreasonable people, as he experienced in his encounter with them in Mexico.
5. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
(b) That they were not raised in a racist way.
(c) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
(d) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the vision in the early 1960s, according to Mike Davis?
2. Why does Josie Morales keep watching the beating of Rodney King from her apartment?
3. What are "choke holds"?
4. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
5. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)