|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Magic | Here's A Nobody, Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
(a) Michael Zinzun is not at all blind in one eye.
(b) He was frying pancakes one time and the sizzling butter zinged his right eye.
(c) During a riot, one of the policemen hit him in the eye with a flashlight.
(d) In one of the riots he attended, there was a stray bullet which hit him on the left eye.
2. Why is Josie Morales never called to testify for the trial of Rodney King?
(a) She was told that her testimony contradicted that of another witness, Melanie Singer.
(b) Because she is a woman.
(c) Because she did come forward and expressed willingness to testify.
(d) Because she is not all-American.
3. How does Stephen, Salas' son, handle his encounter with the policeman in which the policeman put a gun to his head?
(a) He wrote to all the major dailies to tell them of the abuse.
(b) He told his father about it as soon as he came home.
(c) Stephen did not tell his father right away.
(d) He made a complaint about the policeman in the nearest police station.
4. Sheinbaum heard women screaming about people coming into the building. At that same time, what comes through the seven to ten-foot high plate glass windowpanes?
(a) A rock.
(b) A black cat.
(c) A car.
(d) A dead man.
5. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
(a) Older gang members respected their elders, but such respect has disappeared among younger members.
(b) Older gang members are great conversationalists, while this skill is lost on younger gang members.
(c) Younger members have become much more aggressive than the older gang members.
(d) Younger gang members have become louder, and tend to attract more attention than older gang members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the "curious people"?
2. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
3. Which particular incident after the trial makes the anonymous juror from Simi Valley most upset?
4. What effect does being a policeman have inside a courtroom?
5. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)