|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Magic | Here's A Nobody, Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
2. Why is Josie Morales never called to testify for the trial of Rodney King?
(a) Because she did come forward and expressed willingness to testify.
(b) Because she is a woman.
(c) Because she is not all-American.
(d) She was told that her testimony contradicted that of another witness, Melanie Singer.
3. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
(b) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
(c) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
(d) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
4. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
(b) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
(c) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
(d) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
5. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
(a) Younger gang members have become louder, and tend to attract more attention than older gang members.
(b) Older gang members respected their elders, but such respect has disappeared among younger members.
(c) Older gang members are great conversationalists, while this skill is lost on younger gang members.
(d) Younger members have become much more aggressive than the older gang members.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
2. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
3. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
4. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
5. What image does Anonymous Man project when he moves to the valley?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)