|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Magic | Here's A Nobody, Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
(b) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
(c) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
(d) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
2. What are "choke holds"?
(a) These are upper body control holds which the LAPD used in the past.
(b) It is a choker worn by a police officer to identify him as an expert in choke methods.
(c) These are the techniques in using a police baton effectively.
(d) It is a slang for choking a subject to death.
3. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(b) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
(c) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(d) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
4. Which particular incident after the trial makes the anonymous juror from Simi Valley most upset?
(a) Receiving a letter from one angry follower of the case, asking if he knew that people were dying and burning buildings in South LA because of him.
(b) Receiving a phone call from Angela King asking how he can sleep at night.
(c) Receiving a letter from the Ku Klux Klan pledging support and inviting him to join the organization.
(d) Receiving a death threat from the family members of Rodney King.
5. What reassurance does the police officer give to the jurors on the bus whom he is escorting to the courthouse?
(a) There is no need to worry if people threw rocks and bottles because the windows of the bus were bulletproof.
(b) People don't recognize them anyway and that the commotion was very much a normal one.
(c) The people gathered in front of the courthouse did not care about the jurors, and therefore did not notice them.
(d) Everything will be forgotten in a week, so jurors should better come up with a verdict then.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
2. Why is Josie Morales never called to testify for the trial of Rodney King?
3. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
4. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
5. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)