|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Magic | Here's A Nobody, Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
(b) That he looked so young for his age.
(c) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
(d) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
2. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
(a) He devotes himself to fighting police abuse.
(b) He devotes himself to organizing riots against policemen.
(c) He devotes himself to looking for ways to make the city pay the civilian.
(d) He devotes himself to looking for a cure for blindness.
3. Why is Josie Morales never called to testify for the trial of Rodney King?
(a) Because she is not all-American.
(b) She was told that her testimony contradicted that of another witness, Melanie Singer.
(c) Because she is a woman.
(d) Because she did come forward and expressed willingness to testify.
4. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
(b) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
(c) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
(d) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
5. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
(b) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
(c) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
(d) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
2. Which particular incident after the trial makes the anonymous juror from Simi Valley most upset?
3. What does Gil Garcetti believe in when it comes to jurors and their participation in trials?
4. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
5. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)