|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Magic | Here's A Nobody, Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
(a) Officer Powell is an expert at the use of police baton.
(b) Officer Powell was not using his polce baton effectively.
(c) Officer Powell shouldn't have been allowed to use the police baton at all.
(d) The police baton Officer Powell was using was substandard and therefore offered no force.
2. While driving downtown, what incident does Stanley K. Sheinbaum cite as a premonition of bad things to come?
(a) A black cat crossed the road.
(b) A bucket of paint from a very tall building fell on the road, splashing red paint which looked like blood.
(c) He saw a billboard that says "Stop, turn around."
(d) He saw a black BMW driven by an African-American woman, who had a hammer in her hand.
3. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
(a) Black men defy authority while black women cannot.
(b) Black men are more ideological.
(c) Black men are more obedient to the laws of the land.
(d) Black men know how to handle the politics and the environment.
4. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) That he might have been beaten terribly.
(b) That he might be stoned.
(c) That he would have been called in for questioning by the police.
(d) That he probably would not have been beaten because of how he looks.
5. What image does Anonymous Man project when he moves to the valley?
(a) An image of someone who is at close ties with the police.
(b) A one-man army that did not need any homeboys.
(c) An image of being a nobody.
(d) A very wealthy gang member.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
2. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
3. What statement does Garcetti make about the credibility of police officers?
4. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
5. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)