|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) That he would have been called in for questioning by the police.
(b) That he probably would not have been beaten because of how he looks.
(c) That he might have been beaten terribly.
(d) That he might be stoned.
2. Who are the "curious people"?
(a) They are the gangs of Los Angeles whom Stanley K. Sheinbaum had a chance to talk to.
(b) They are the old ladies in the neighborhood of Los Angeles, who tend to pry in all the happenings around them.
(c) They are the kids of Los Angeles who have an overwhelming curiosity about everything around them.
(d) They are the bag ladies loitering the streets of Los Angeles.
3. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(b) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(c) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(d) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
4. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(b) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
(c) Allison's speech.
(d) Tiny's funeral.
5. What image does Anonymous Man project when he moves to the valley?
(a) An image of someone who is at close ties with the police.
(b) A very wealthy gang member.
(c) A one-man army that did not need any homeboys.
(d) An image of being a nobody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
2. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
3. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
4. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
5. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)