|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
(a) It should never have been invented in the first place.
(b) It was just proper that it was banned from being used.
(c) These need to be regularly updated, perhaps via a biannual workshop among the workforce.
(d) Since chokeholds became forbidden, there will be an increase in lawsuits because police officers will instead be using their batons.
2. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
(b) Allison's speech.
(c) Tiny's funeral.
(d) The general assembly of the police in the area.
3. What image does Anonymous Man project when he moves to the valley?
(a) An image of someone who is at close ties with the police.
(b) A very wealthy gang member.
(c) An image of being a nobody.
(d) A one-man army that did not need any homeboys.
4. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(b) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(c) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(d) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
5. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
(b) That he looked so young for his age.
(c) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
(d) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
2. What is the vision in the early 1960s, according to Mike Davis?
3. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
4. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
5. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)