|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $1.2 million.
(b) $12 million.
(c) $2.1 million.
(d) $3 million.
2. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
(a) From his childhood, when he was being bullied by gringos in his hometown.
(b) From fighting against the gringos when Pershing went after Pancho Villa in Chihuahua.
(c) From being brainstormed by his wife, who had a bad experience with gringos.
(d) From the fact that gringos are unreasonable people, as he experienced in his encounter with them in Mexico.
3. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
(b) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
(c) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
(d) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
4. What image does Anonymous Man project when he moves to the valley?
(a) An image of being a nobody.
(b) A one-man army that did not need any homeboys.
(c) A very wealthy gang member.
(d) An image of someone who is at close ties with the police.
5. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
(a) A strong hatred for white police officers.
(b) A strong admiration for police officers.
(c) He founded an organization whose sole aim is to keep track of the movements of the policemen in his community.
(d) He maintained a community newspaper that printed only stories about policemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
2. What are "choke holds"?
3. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
4. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
5. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)