|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
(b) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(c) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(d) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
2. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
(b) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
(c) That they were not raised in a racist way.
(d) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
3. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $2.1 million.
(b) $1.2 million.
(c) $12 million.
(d) $3 million.
4. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
(a) Michael Zinzun is not at all blind in one eye.
(b) In one of the riots he attended, there was a stray bullet which hit him on the left eye.
(c) During a riot, one of the policemen hit him in the eye with a flashlight.
(d) He was frying pancakes one time and the sizzling butter zinged his right eye.
5. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
(a) He devotes himself to looking for a cure for blindness.
(b) He devotes himself to organizing riots against policemen.
(c) He devotes himself to fighting police abuse.
(d) He devotes himself to looking for ways to make the city pay the civilian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the vision in the early 1960s, according to Mike Davis?
2. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
3. What are "choke holds"?
4. Who are the "curious people"?
5. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)