|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
(a) She does not say anything about the subject.
(b) The police like to make killings in a very discreet manner.
(c) The police don't like killing at all.
(d) The police like to make killings look like drive-by shootings.
2. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because of the number of people they have killed.
(b) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
(c) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
(d) Because of their experience in fighting.
3. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
(b) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
(c) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
(d) That they were not raised in a racist way.
4. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
(a) The police baton Officer Powell was using was substandard and therefore offered no force.
(b) Officer Powell was not using his polce baton effectively.
(c) Officer Powell is an expert at the use of police baton.
(d) Officer Powell shouldn't have been allowed to use the police baton at all.
5. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
(a) These need to be regularly updated, perhaps via a biannual workshop among the workforce.
(b) It should never have been invented in the first place.
(c) It was just proper that it was banned from being used.
(d) Since chokeholds became forbidden, there will be an increase in lawsuits because police officers will instead be using their batons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
2. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
3. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
4. How does Stephen, Salas' son, handle his encounter with the policeman in which the policeman put a gun to his head?
5. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)