|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
(b) Tiny's funeral.
(c) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(d) Allison's speech.
2. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
(a) Politically motivated.
(c) An act in survival.
3. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) That he would have been called in for questioning by the police.
(b) That he probably would not have been beaten because of how he looks.
(c) That he might be stoned.
(d) That he might have been beaten terribly.
4. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
(b) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
(c) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
(d) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
5. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
(b) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
(c) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
(d) That he looked so young for his age.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
2. Who are the "curious people"?
3. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
4. What is the vision in the early 1960s, according to Mike Davis?
5. How does Stephen, Salas' son, handle his encounter with the policeman in which the policeman put a gun to his head?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)