|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
(a) He was frying pancakes one time and the sizzling butter zinged his right eye.
(b) During a riot, one of the policemen hit him in the eye with a flashlight.
(c) Michael Zinzun is not at all blind in one eye.
(d) In one of the riots he attended, there was a stray bullet which hit him on the left eye.
2. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) Tiny's funeral.
(b) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(c) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
(d) Allison's speech.
3. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
(a) That there is a generation that refuses to commit suicide.
(b) That there is still hope among the youth of today.
(c) That the youth of today value their parents very much.
(d) That the youth of today are intelligent human beings who think about society.
4. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
(a) When he went to school with them and was forbidden from sitting beside them.
(b) When he went to first grade and he was told that he was inferior because he was Mexican.
(c) When he met them in the parking lot of a grocery store in Mexico.
(d) When he fought with them over a can of beer in a bar in Mexico.
5. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(b) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
(c) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(d) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
2. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
3. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
4. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
5. Who are the "curious people"?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)