|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
(a) When he met them in the parking lot of a grocery store in Mexico.
(b) When he fought with them over a can of beer in a bar in Mexico.
(c) When he went to first grade and he was told that he was inferior because he was Mexican.
(d) When he went to school with them and was forbidden from sitting beside them.
2. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
(a) The police like to make killings look like drive-by shootings.
(b) She does not say anything about the subject.
(c) The police don't like killing at all.
(d) The police like to make killings in a very discreet manner.
3. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
(b) Allison's speech.
(c) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(d) Tiny's funeral.
4. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) That he probably would not have been beaten because of how he looks.
(b) That he might have been beaten terribly.
(c) That he would have been called in for questioning by the police.
(d) That he might be stoned.
5. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
(a) He devotes himself to looking for ways to make the city pay the civilian.
(b) He devotes himself to organizing riots against policemen.
(c) He devotes himself to looking for a cure for blindness.
(d) He devotes himself to fighting police abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
2. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
3. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
4. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
5. Who are the "curious people"?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)