|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
(a) That under no circumstances should he shoot someone in broad daylight.
(b) He doesn't offer any belief or idea whatsoever on the topic.
(c) That there is poetic justice in shooting someone in broad daylight.
(d) That most people will run away scared immediately instead of taking time to identify the shooter.
2. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
(a) During a riot, one of the policemen hit him in the eye with a flashlight.
(b) In one of the riots he attended, there was a stray bullet which hit him on the left eye.
(c) Michael Zinzun is not at all blind in one eye.
(d) He was frying pancakes one time and the sizzling butter zinged his right eye.
3. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
(a) Politically motivated.
(d) An act in survival.
4. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
(a) The weakening of the dollar in the international market.
(b) The addiction of one of her sons to drugs.
(c) The finalization of her divorce with her husband.
(d) The killing of her nephew, Tiny, in 1991.
5. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) That he might have been beaten terribly.
(b) That he probably would not have been beaten because of how he looks.
(c) That he would have been called in for questioning by the police.
(d) That he might be stoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
2. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
3. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
4. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
5. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)