|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
(a) A strong hatred for white police officers.
(b) A strong admiration for police officers.
(c) He maintained a community newspaper that printed only stories about policemen.
(d) He founded an organization whose sole aim is to keep track of the movements of the policemen in his community.
2. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
(a) Black men are more obedient to the laws of the land.
(b) Black men defy authority while black women cannot.
(c) Black men are more ideological.
(d) Black men know how to handle the politics and the environment.
3. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $1.2 million.
(b) $3 million.
(c) $2.1 million.
(d) $12 million.
4. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
(a) When he went to school with them and was forbidden from sitting beside them.
(b) When he went to first grade and he was told that he was inferior because he was Mexican.
(c) When he met them in the parking lot of a grocery store in Mexico.
(d) When he fought with them over a can of beer in a bar in Mexico.
5. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
2. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
3. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
4. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
5. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)