|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
2. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
(c) An act in survival.
(d) Politically motivated.
3. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
(a) Officer Powell is an expert at the use of police baton.
(b) Officer Powell was not using his polce baton effectively.
(c) Officer Powell shouldn't have been allowed to use the police baton at all.
(d) The police baton Officer Powell was using was substandard and therefore offered no force.
4. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
(a) Younger members have become much more aggressive than the older gang members.
(b) Older gang members respected their elders, but such respect has disappeared among younger members.
(c) Younger gang members have become louder, and tend to attract more attention than older gang members.
(d) Older gang members are great conversationalists, while this skill is lost on younger gang members.
5. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they were not raised in a racist way.
(b) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
(c) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
(d) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
2. How does Stephen, Salas' son, handle his encounter with the policeman in which the policeman put a gun to his head?
3. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
4. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
5. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)