|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
(b) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
(c) That he looked so young for his age.
(d) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
2. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
(a) An act in survival.
(c) Politically motivated.
3. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $12 million.
(b) $1.2 million.
(c) $2.1 million.
(d) $3 million.
4. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) That he might be stoned.
(b) That he would have been called in for questioning by the police.
(c) That he might have been beaten terribly.
(d) That he probably would not have been beaten because of how he looks.
5. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
(a) Black men are more obedient to the laws of the land.
(b) Black men defy authority while black women cannot.
(c) Black men know how to handle the politics and the environment.
(d) Black men are more ideological.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
2. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
3. What image does Anonymous Man project when he moves to the valley?
4. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
5. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)