|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
(b) Allison's speech.
(c) Tiny's funeral.
(d) The general assembly of the police in the area.
2. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
(a) From his childhood, when he was being bullied by gringos in his hometown.
(b) From fighting against the gringos when Pershing went after Pancho Villa in Chihuahua.
(c) From the fact that gringos are unreasonable people, as he experienced in his encounter with them in Mexico.
(d) From being brainstormed by his wife, who had a bad experience with gringos.
3. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
(a) When he fought with them over a can of beer in a bar in Mexico.
(b) When he went to first grade and he was told that he was inferior because he was Mexican.
(c) When he went to school with them and was forbidden from sitting beside them.
(d) When he met them in the parking lot of a grocery store in Mexico.
4. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $12 million.
(b) $2.1 million.
(c) $3 million.
(d) $1.2 million.
5. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
(b) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
(c) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
(d) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are "choke holds"?
2. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
3. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
4. What is the vision in the early 1960s, according to Mike Davis?
5. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)