|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
(a) She raises her voice in anger.
(b) She curses all the policemen in the world.
(c) She does not show any emotion.
(d) She cries.
2. How does Stephen, Salas' son, handle his encounter with the policeman in which the policeman put a gun to his head?
(a) He wrote to all the major dailies to tell them of the abuse.
(b) He made a complaint about the policeman in the nearest police station.
(c) Stephen did not tell his father right away.
(d) He told his father about it as soon as he came home.
3. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) That he would have been called in for questioning by the police.
(b) That he might have been beaten terribly.
(c) That he might be stoned.
(d) That he probably would not have been beaten because of how he looks.
4. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
(a) A strong admiration for police officers.
(b) A strong hatred for white police officers.
(c) He founded an organization whose sole aim is to keep track of the movements of the policemen in his community.
(d) He maintained a community newspaper that printed only stories about policemen.
5. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
(a) Older gang members respected their elders, but such respect has disappeared among younger members.
(b) Younger gang members have become louder, and tend to attract more attention than older gang members.
(c) Younger members have become much more aggressive than the older gang members.
(d) Older gang members are great conversationalists, while this skill is lost on younger gang members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
2. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
3. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
4. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
5. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)