|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
(a) Gangsterism is an ideology created by people who have lost all hope.
(b) Gangsterism is overrated in general.
(c) Gangsterism arises from the frontier myth and the myth of the gunfighter in American history.
(d) Gangsterism is a lousy excuse for unacceptable behavior.
2. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
(a) That he might be stoned.
(b) That he would have been called in for questioning by the police.
(c) That he probably would not have been beaten because of how he looks.
(d) That he might have been beaten terribly.
3. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
(a) He maintained a community newspaper that printed only stories about policemen.
(b) He founded an organization whose sole aim is to keep track of the movements of the policemen in his community.
(c) A strong admiration for police officers.
(d) A strong hatred for white police officers.
4. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
(a) It should never have been invented in the first place.
(b) Since chokeholds became forbidden, there will be an increase in lawsuits because police officers will instead be using their batons.
(c) It was just proper that it was banned from being used.
(d) These need to be regularly updated, perhaps via a biannual workshop among the workforce.
5. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
Short Answer Questions
1. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
2. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
3. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
4. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
5. What does Michael Zinzun do with his time?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)