|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
(a) She does not say anything about the subject.
(b) The police like to make killings look like drive-by shootings.
(c) The police like to make killings in a very discreet manner.
(d) The police don't like killing at all.
2. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
(a) Because gunfighters usually have high moral standards.
(b) Because of their experience in fighting.
(c) Because of the number of people they have killed.
(d) Because of their guns, and being a gunfighter is equated to being tough.
3. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
(a) Younger members have become much more aggressive than the older gang members.
(b) Younger gang members have become louder, and tend to attract more attention than older gang members.
(c) Older gang members respected their elders, but such respect has disappeared among younger members.
(d) Older gang members are great conversationalists, while this skill is lost on younger gang members.
4. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
(a) He maintained a community newspaper that printed only stories about policemen.
(b) A strong admiration for police officers.
(c) A strong hatred for white police officers.
(d) He founded an organization whose sole aim is to keep track of the movements of the policemen in his community.
5. What are "choke holds"?
(a) It is a slang for choking a subject to death.
(b) These are the techniques in using a police baton effectively.
(c) These are upper body control holds which the LAPD used in the past.
(d) It is a choker worn by a police officer to identify him as an expert in choke methods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
2. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
3. How does Stephen, Salas' son, handle his encounter with the policeman in which the policeman put a gun to his head?
4. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
5. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)