|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $2.1 million.
(b) $1.2 million.
(c) $12 million.
(d) $3 million.
2. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
(a) It was just proper that it was banned from being used.
(b) These need to be regularly updated, perhaps via a biannual workshop among the workforce.
(c) It should never have been invented in the first place.
(d) Since chokeholds became forbidden, there will be an increase in lawsuits because police officers will instead be using their batons.
3. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
4. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
(a) Older gang members respected their elders, but such respect has disappeared among younger members.
(b) Younger members have become much more aggressive than the older gang members.
(c) Younger gang members have become louder, and tend to attract more attention than older gang members.
(d) Older gang members are great conversationalists, while this skill is lost on younger gang members.
5. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
(b) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
(c) That they were not raised in a racist way.
(d) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
2. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
3. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
4. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
5. What is Jason Sanford's belief about him going out in the streets after the Rodney King verdict?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)