|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
2. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
(a) He was frying pancakes one time and the sizzling butter zinged his right eye.
(b) During a riot, one of the policemen hit him in the eye with a flashlight.
(c) In one of the riots he attended, there was a stray bullet which hit him on the left eye.
(d) Michael Zinzun is not at all blind in one eye.
3. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
(a) Since chokeholds became forbidden, there will be an increase in lawsuits because police officers will instead be using their batons.
(b) It should never have been invented in the first place.
(c) These need to be regularly updated, perhaps via a biannual workshop among the workforce.
(d) It was just proper that it was banned from being used.
4. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
(b) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
(c) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
(d) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
5. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
(a) When he went to first grade and he was told that he was inferior because he was Mexican.
(b) When he met them in the parking lot of a grocery store in Mexico.
(c) When he went to school with them and was forbidden from sitting beside them.
(d) When he fought with them over a can of beer in a bar in Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are "choke holds"?
2. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
3. Who are the "curious people"?
4. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
5. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)