|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
(b) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
(c) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
(d) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
2. According to the Anonymous Man, what has changed between older and younger gang members?
(a) Younger members have become much more aggressive than the older gang members.
(b) Younger gang members have become louder, and tend to attract more attention than older gang members.
(c) Older gang members respected their elders, but such respect has disappeared among younger members.
(d) Older gang members are great conversationalists, while this skill is lost on younger gang members.
3. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
4. What is the vision in the early 1960s, according to Mike Davis?
(a) Black kids can be surfers, too.
(b) Black kids should be given twice the challenges that white kids endure.
(c) Black kids should be given special treatment.
(d) Black kids should be separated from white kids.
5. What comment does Jason Sanford usually get from the police about his looks?
(a) He has not received any comment from the police about his looks.
(b) That his looks will always lead him into trouble.
(c) That he looked so young for his age.
(d) That he looked like a responsible all-American white boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement does Sergeant Charles Duke give about Officer Powell's use of his police baton?
2. What statement does Allison make about the police and their style when it comes to killings?
3. What statement does Sergeant Duke give about the importance of choke holds?
4. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
5. What is the Anonymous Man's belief in shooting a person in broad daylight?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)