|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
(b) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
(c) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
(d) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
2. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(b) Tiny's funeral.
(c) Allison's speech.
(d) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
3. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
4. How much does Michael Zinzun get from the trial in which the city is ordered to pay him?
(a) $3 million.
(b) $12 million.
(c) $2.1 million.
(d) $1.2 million.
5. According to Mike Davis, what does the gang truce signify?
(a) That there is still hope among the youth of today.
(b) That there is a generation that refuses to commit suicide.
(c) That the youth of today are intelligent human beings who think about society.
(d) That the youth of today value their parents very much.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
2. How does Rudy Salas, Sr. refer to his feelings of racism?
3. According to Theresa Allison, what event prompts her to start the Mothers Reclaiming Our Children (Mothers ROC) group?
4. What theory does the scholar Cornel West give on gangsterism?
5. How does Stephen, Salas' son, handle his encounter with the policeman in which the policeman put a gun to his head?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)