Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twilight, I Remember Going... | Twilight, A Jungian Collective Unconscious.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are "choke holds"?
(a) These are the techniques in using a police baton effectively.
(b) It is a slang for choking a subject to death.
(c) It is a choker worn by a police officer to identify him as an expert in choke methods.
(d) These are upper body control holds which the LAPD used in the past.
2. What statement does Gates give on the reason why he is delayed in getting to where the trouble is?
(a) Traffic was terrible, and he couldn't find an alternate route.
(b) He had a hard time leaving the meeting and getting away.
(c) He couldn't find a cab to take him to where the riots were.
(d) He ran out of gas.
3. What is the young female student from the University of Southern California afraid of?
(a) That they might try to attack the sorority and fraternity houses on campus.
(b) That she might get trapped in the campus.
(c) That she might get raped by them.
(d) That her parents might not be able to flee their house.
4. What is "a badge of courage" as referred to in the story?
(a) It refers to the police badge.
(b) It refers to the FBI badge.
(c) It refers to the CSI badge.
(d) It refers to the fire department badge.
5. How popular is Daryl Gates at the time of the riots?
(a) He was the most popular Republican in Los Angeles.
(b) He was as popular as Ronald Reagan.
(c) He was not so popular.
(d) He was not even known in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Denny plan to put up in his own house someday to remember the people who have saved him?
2. What organization does Maxine Waters chair?
3. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
4. What is Chris Oh's occupation?
5. What is the vision in the early 1960s, according to Mike Davis?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)