Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The War Zone, A Weird Common Thread in Our Lives | The War Zone, A Badge of Courage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
(a) An act in survival.
(d) Politically motivated.
2. According to Big Al, what could Denny have been trying to do by driving his truck down a residential street?
(a) Showing off his truck.
(b) He was looking for someone to beat.
(c) Making friends with his neighbors.
(d) Intimidating the neighborhood.
3. Who is shot during the looting of Richard Kim's appliance store?
(a) Richard Kim's mother.
(b) Richard Kim's sister.
(c) Richard Kim's father.
(d) Richard Kim.
4. What is "a badge of courage" as referred to in the story?
(a) It refers to the CSI badge.
(b) It refers to the police badge.
(c) It refers to the FBI badge.
(d) It refers to the fire department badge.
5. What does the video show at the beginning of the riots?
(a) Rodney King exchanging a few angry words with the policemen.
(b) Several men beating Reginald Denny, as well as some women taking pictures of the beating.
(c) Several women fleeing the scene, leaving their cameras in the process.
(d) Several policemen talking to themselves, apparently discussing their strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reassurance does the police officer give to the jurors on the bus whom he is escorting to the courthouse?
2. Who took a video of the beating from their helicopter over the intersection of Florence and Normandie?
3. Particularly for Salas, when does he realize that gringos are his enemies?
4. Who is Chung Lee?
5. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)