Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Magic | Here's A Nobody, Hammer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jason Sanford, who are "they"?
(a) He says that "they" represent a combination of many things for him.
(b) "They" are the Mexicans, Chinese and blacks that populate his neighborhood.
(c) "They" are the cops of Los Angeles.
(d) He does not give an explanation as to who "they" are.
2. Which particular incident after the trial makes the anonymous juror from Simi Valley most upset?
(a) Receiving a letter from one angry follower of the case, asking if he knew that people were dying and burning buildings in South LA because of him.
(b) Receiving a letter from the Ku Klux Klan pledging support and inviting him to join the organization.
(c) Receiving a death threat from the family members of Rodney King.
(d) Receiving a phone call from Angela King asking how he can sleep at night.
3. Why does Josie Morales keep watching the beating of Rodney King from her apartment?
(a) She was enjoying the beating of Rodney King.
(b) She believes that what the police were doing was a wrong thing and she wanted to be able to testify at the trial.
(c) She was waiting for an opportunity to discuss with her neighbors.
(d) She was waiting for an opportunity to help Rodney King.
4. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(b) Allison's speech.
(c) Tiny's funeral.
(d) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
5. Why is Josie Morales never called to testify for the trial of Rodney King?
(a) Because she did come forward and expressed willingness to testify.
(b) She was told that her testimony contradicted that of another witness, Melanie Singer.
(c) Because she is a woman.
(d) Because she is not all-American.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cornel West, why do gunfighters become heroes?
2. What reassurance does the police officer give to the jurors on the bus whom he is escorting to the courthouse?
3. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
4. How does Angela King react whenever she talks about the beating of her nephew and of his condition?
5. Who are the "curious people"?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)