|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Here's A Nobody, Carmen | Here's A Nobody, Where the Water Is.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Michael Zinzun come to be blind in one eye?
(a) During a riot, one of the policemen hit him in the eye with a flashlight.
(b) He was frying pancakes one time and the sizzling butter zinged his right eye.
(c) Michael Zinzun is not at all blind in one eye.
(d) In one of the riots he attended, there was a stray bullet which hit him on the left eye.
2. What name does Angela King call her nephew, Rodney?
3. There was once a demonstration of 850 people, including Spanish and white people. What is the event that precedes the demonstration?
(a) Tiny's funeral.
(b) The general assembly of the police in the area.
(c) Allison's speech.
(d) The general assembly of the Mothers ROC.
4. What image does Anonymous Man project when he moves to the valley?
(a) A very wealthy gang member.
(b) An image of someone who is at close ties with the police.
(c) An image of being a nobody.
(d) A one-man army that did not need any homeboys.
5. How does Angela King describe their upbringing when it comes to the issue of racism?
(a) That they were raised to only mingle with the blacks, and were forbidden to make friends with any other race.
(b) That they were not raised in a racist way.
(c) That they grew up thinking the other races were enemies.
(d) That they were forced to make friends only with the other races, and forbidden to mingle with blacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mike Davis describe the gang truce he has witnessed?
2. According to Cornel West, what difference do black men have over black women, which therefore makes them heroes?
3. Where does Salas' father's hatred of gringos stem from?
4. What is the vision in the early 1960s, according to Mike Davis?
5. What effect does his encounter with the police officers in 1942 have on Salas?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)